Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-27-2010, 11:25 PM

Default what about shotguns

Ok for those of us that went fishing with cooter in his i love weatherby thread. We all know what rifles you like but whats your choice in shotguns.
Mine are my Beretta white wing and my Benelli supersport. Look no weatherbys.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 PM

complete set of browning
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 AM

Default browning o/u

X2 on the Browning collection here too. I have 3 browning 525 sporting clays models, and a 425 golden clays. Use any one of them in the field and they always provided the fit and feel I need.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 AM

An old IGA coach gun. Beat up pretty bad on the stock but the metal is still tight after all these years.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 AM

I will not own a Browning A-Bolt,but I do prefer the Citori over any other shotgun.They fit me better than anything else,and I shoot them better as a result.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:07 AM

Like PoppaW, I love my IGA coach gun. Great for bird hunting and handles a slug really well out to 60 yards.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 AM

beretta silver pigeon v, Aya 1, and soon to be ugartechea 2000.
i shot my brother in law benelli super black eagle 2 and it was pretty sweet.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM

i'll stick to my 870 wingmaster..best i've ever had!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
sheephunter

LOL...I actually own a Weatherby shotgun. I've got an Orion O/U and a few others as well. Super Nova is my go to waterfowl gun.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Beretta 390 Gold Mallard.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 AM

I own over 30 shotguns,CZ's, Brownings, Remingtons , Winchesters, a few higher end English hammer guns, and a smack of Italian guns, including Berreta .
My goto upland gun is a CZ Bobwhite in 28, and my goto waterfowl gun is a
is a FAIR O/U in 20.
I have a Fausti on order ( it's been delayed!) , built to spec for me, but if it does not "measure up" to my cheap Bobwhite, it will not be hunted!!
I shoot the guns that fit me and that stand up without breaking , not because of a name brand , however, for shear reliability it is hard to fault a Wingmaster or M37.
I also like SXS guns for several reasons.
Cat
Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
LOL...I actually own a Weatherby shotgun. I've got an Orion O/U and a few others as well. Super Nova is my go to waterfowl gun.
Danged near bought an Orion few years back, nice shotguns .
Cat
Old 03-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I will not own a Browning A-Bolt,but I do prefer the Citori over any other shotgun.They fit me better than anything else,and I shoot them better as a result.
Talked to our trap club Chairman last year, and mentioned his Browning ( I think it's a Citori )
He said that he wanted a special ordered shotgun, and had been checking for a few years.
When he was driving his son all over Canada to trap shoots, he found that all the top class shooters were either shooting Berretas or Parrazis, BUT
"All those guys had a Citori in the trunk for back up in case the No.1 gun broke!" that is what sold him on the Browning. Interesting , for sure!
Cat
Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

Picked up a new Super Nova through the winter, because it fit me the best of quite a few I shouldered. I have shot it at the range a few times, the fit is great, really nice to shoot.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:17 PM

For waterfowl I have a Franchi I-12 . Very nice gun feeds smooth. Gave my 870 to my son. Would like to pick up a 20 ga. over under for upland ,just haven't decided what I want.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM

i have a browning bps 12ga. the lop is a bit long for me, but i am scared to change the stock by myself hahaha. i also have a yildiz 12ga o/u that i love in the field...hard to miss with that gun.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 PM

I really like my Yildiz, I own three of them, 2 pumps and a double barrel break action. The pumps are very light weight, That don't bother my to much. I really like the high quailty finish on them. Great wood, And shoot great.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Talked to our trap club Chairman last year, and mentioned his Browning ( I think it's a Citori )
He said that he wanted a special ordered shotgun, and had been checking for a few years.
When he was driving his son all over Canada to trap shoots, he found that all the top class shooters were either shooting Berretas or Parrazis, BUT
"All those guys had a Citori in the trunk for back up in case the No.1 gun broke!" that is what sold him on the Browning. Interesting , for sure!
When I started shooting skeet,I borrowed an 1100 for my first couple of rounds,then another club member loaned me a Beretta for a round,and then another club member loaned me a Citori.The Citori fit me much better than the Beretta,and I preferred the swing of the O/U over the 1100,so I bought a Citori skeet gun of my own.I have tried several other shotguns over the years,but the Citoris simply feel better to me.It's not a matter of name or brand,but simply that the Citori fits me,and has proven to be totally reliable.Since then,I have owned two more Citoris with my present one being the 12/20 Citori Field combo.Now if my 20 gauge target loads will only get here,I can start shooting skeet with you again.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
i'll stick to my 870 wingmaster..best i've ever had!
anyone that thinks an 870 is the best shotgun doesnt enjoy shooting shotguns they have there place they are cheep and extreamly reliable but far from a nice gun
Old 03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET1 View Post
anyone that thinks an 870 is the best shotgun doesnt enjoy shooting shotguns they have there place they are cheep and extreamly reliable but far from a nice gun
^^^^^^
Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I have been shooting shotguns for well over 40 years, have shot in all levels of competiton form local to national and can tell you first hand that the Wingmaster is exactly that of pump guns, THE pump.
The express on the other hand is a different story, and those people who think they are the some gun but finished cheaper should take two apart side by side.
They will quickly see that there are many parts that do not coincide with each other.
Cat
Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 PM

i appoligize i guess that statement might have been to blunt. I own an old 870 wingmaster first shotgun i ever had and it served me very well as a young fella back east that loved to duck hunt. I bought a second hand browning 2000 auto when i turned 16 and had a job and wasnt interested in taking the pump ever again. Sence then iv evolved with a few newer browning autos and a citori and a cenergy. and im fully aware that the cenergy isnt a top shelf but its as top shelf as i can afford.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
i appoligize i guess that statement might have been to blunt. I own an old 870 wingmaster first shotgun i ever had and it served me very well as a young fella back east that loved to duck hunt. I bought a second hand browning 2000 auto when i turned 16 and had a job and wasnt interested in taking the pump ever again. Sence then iv evolved with a few newer browning autos and a citori and a cenergy. and im fully aware that the cenergy isnt a top shelf but its as top shelf as i can afford.
No sweat, my son and I shoot some high end O/U's and SXS's as I've said, but he still prefers his Wingmaster custom on the trap field.
Cat
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM

While not an overly popular gun, my most productive upland gun was my Ithaca XL 900 SKB...

i have owned all the normal shotguns... and try at least one new semi each year and sell it again.. just for fun..

The ones I have tried for 2 or 3 hunts have been MP 153, Stoeger 2000, Rem 1187,...Moss 935,...Benelli SBE..couple of Franchi's and Beretta's

I have about 8 shotguns that are never traded or sold...

I really like my SX3

Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 PM

Right now I have a 1100 20 gauge and a BPS 20 gauge. I marred the smaller trigger pin piece that goes through the receiver pretty good on the bps and I still never got it out... proper tools I should be using I guess, but its stuck in there for some reason. I almost feel like I need to get some of that cold blue stuff and fix it.

I will be getting a new gun soon though. It will be a benelli m2 or a browning cynergy. Both fit really nicely.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Always liked the Ithaca 900 for some reason.... those darn shotguns are addictive..... like the one guys sig line here says..."my biggest fear is when I die the wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"....worse!!!! she'll find the second gun safe in the shop!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When I started shooting skeet,I borrowed an 1100 for my first couple of rounds,then another club member loaned me a Beretta for a round,and then another club member loaned me a Citori.The Citori fit me much better than the Beretta,and I preferred the swing of the O/U over the 1100,so I bought a Citori skeet gun of my own.I have tried several other shotguns over the years,but the Citoris simply feel better to me.It's not a matter of name or brand,but simply that the Citori fits me,and has proven to be totally reliable.Since then,I have owned two more Citoris with my present one being the 12/20 Citori Field combo.Now if my 20 gauge target loads will only get here,I can start shooting skeet with you again.
Yes I had a nice browning citori skeet over skeet with 26 inch barrels that I bought from a guy when I was a kid for 600.00 just sold it last fall it was a real nice shooter. Shot a lot of roosters with that gun was hard to get rid of. Would like to buy another Browning probably a cynergy.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:22 PM

How can you go wrong with a Remington 870 Wingmaster?
Newest to my collection is a Remington 11-87 XCS.
Browning Maxus maybe next on the list.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 AM

Beretta 686
Beretta AL390
both in 12 ga...

trying to make up my mind on a 20 ga though... semi, o/u, or sxs... no pump for me... i can't shoot them :-)
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
i also have a benelli m2 but the wingmaster 870 just feels like home!never said it was the best...but its my favorite!