Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 04:23 PM

Default Fraser River Domestic Fishery Abuse

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...article625576/

Hardly news. The numbers of fish are measured in tonnes. Amounts are staggering and no one was ever arrested. Closer to home we just added several thousand more domestic use harvesters. I hope they have a plan to deal with the abusers.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:31 PM

It should go to international courts since these fish stocks really belong to no one. Then they should also face Canadian justice. Just in my humble opinion.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a racist thread...
Old 04-18-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post

Hardly news. The numbers of fish are measured in tonnes. Amounts are staggering and no one was ever arrested. Closer to home we just added several thousand more domestic use harvesters. I hope they have a plan to deal with the abusers.

They turn them into Liberal voters

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-18-2019, 05:24 PM

if you give people rights some will abuse that right
Old 04-18-2019, 07:45 PM

Default Very old news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post

This is from 1989.......
Old 04-18-2019, 11:22 PM

It is still going on in the lower main land of BC. Sockeye were selling from $15 and up a piece. Fresh from the river that day.
They even had adds on Kijiji. Moose $5 a pound, cut and wrapped.

They don't have to follow regulations about hunting or fishing and there will be nothing left to hunt or fish if it isn't stopped.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrr View Post
It is still going on in the lower main land of BC. Sockeye were selling from $15 and up a piece. Fresh from the river that day.
They even had adds on Kijiji. Moose $5 a pound, cut and wrapped.

They don't have to follow regulations about hunting or fishing and there will be nothing left to hunt or fish if it isn't stopped.

Stewart’s of the land.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
It should go to international courts since these fish stocks really belong to no one. Then they should also face Canadian justice. Just in my humble opinion.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a racist thread...
Come on man, really? Is it any different than a net in pigeon snap? No it isn't. It's not racist it's common sense. The b.c guides lookin for a shoulder to cry on with a "no dirty alberta oil" sign in the other hand can join the club. It's gone, times have changed, it'll never come back guys. Hope you got a decent dollar for your boat is all I can say. Catch and release salmon fishing? Not a chance, they gonna shut the headwaters down from Rupert south to the u.s border within a couple years and it's done. You guys in b.c talk to your premier. It's only 4 years. Hang in there. Work a couple jobs. Diversify.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
This is from 1989.......
Written and published in 2011. Updated in 2017. Part of the authors research for the article went back to 1989. It is by no means the main reason the Fraser stocks are where they are today, but illustrates the magnitude the domestic fisheries have, can and will continue to be abused.

Closer to home we have the same potential for abuse in freshwater. There was an illegal fish operation going on in Battle and Pigeon Lake about 10 years ago. It was supplied by a domestic fish net . Several businesses and a couple of hutterite colonies were pinched for buying the fish and the guy doing the netting was fined as well.

There needs a will to investigate and prosecute.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Then they should also face Canadian justice
Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Canadian Justice..... Good one.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Canadian Justice..... Good one.
Yeah, I must have been out of my mind.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:21 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Come on man, really? Is it any different than a net in pigeon snap? No it isn't. It's not racist it's common sense. The b.c guides lookin for a shoulder to cry on with a "no dirty alberta oil" sign in the other hand can join the club. It's gone, times have changed, it'll never come back guys. Hope you got a decent dollar for your boat is all I can say. Catch and release salmon fishing? Not a chance, they gonna shut the headwaters down from Rupert south to the u.s border within a couple years and it's done. You guys in b.c talk to your premier. It's only 4 years. Hang in there. Work a couple jobs. Diversify.
Not all in BC are against Transmountain, it’s actually about 60-40 in favour just as usual the left is most vocal and has a HUGE influence on Liberal government as well as NDP. This closure for example that occurred was not based on science but what the ENGO’s and First Nations asked DFo for. Literally. Not science backed one bit, that’s the reason for all the anger. Plus for you to say that about families who invested a lot into a small business and I know a few that are now shutdown, who have kids in sports etc, is ignorant. Couple that with how you justify your comments due to a few in BC against Alberta Oil makes your post dumb and uneducated.
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 04-23-2019, 12:29 AM

Another Win for the Trudeau Liberals!

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."