Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 07:53 PM

Default North Carolina fishing

Hey folks, heading to North Carolina next week for a training course. Done some googling and looks like theres some pretty good fishing around where Ill be, large mouths, channel cats and crappies. 10 day license is $5, $1.50 per day to fish off the shore around the boat launches. Thinking of packing the old 6'6 ugly stick in the suit case and givin er a go. Probably just buy some tackle at the local bait shop, never fished for any of those other than Big Mouth Bass fishin on playstation as a kid lol

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2019, 07:01 PM

Got out this evening for a couple hours. No fish but i caught a big ass snappin turtle. Biggest one in 4 years according to the old guy who runs the boat launch. Gonna try some bait tomorrow, seemed to be working for the family who were on side of me, I was using a buzz bait.

Had to get help from a couple local guys with the turtle, seeing as hiw ive never seen one before, let alone try to get one off a hook. They had a good laugh about it, then we had a chat for a few minutes about the kind of fish in Alberta, one guy said he's love to try pike fishing sometime.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Last edited by leeaspell; 04-23-2019 at 07:20 PM.