Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-19-2017, 08:03 PM

Default Flasher Issue help?

Hey guys i was hoping someone would be able to help me with some issues with my fishfinder. I bought the humminbird Helix 7 di gps 2 for summer and thought i would give it a go for winter. I bought the ice transducer and it works but i find the flasher and finder has a lot of interference? Today it was basically unusable and we were the only people on the lake and it was the only flasher.

Here are some pictures for an example
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I had the sensitivity all the way down, hard bottom at 15ft and hook is at 13ft i have no idea what the rest is.

Anybody with experience with these units can you lend me a hand and give me a few pointers
Old 12-19-2017, 09:38 PM

How many times have you used it? Maybe bring your boat transducer with you next trip and see if it’s any different?
Does it have a ice fishing mode? Possible the transducer has ice or dirt/mud on it? Transducer placed below the bottom of the ice?
I can’t see your pics btw, shows broken image / link. 100% sure the transducer is compatible with your Helix? I think HB has 2 different ice transducer.
Have you used the Helix in the summer or is it brand new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 10:00 PM

Do you have the new Helix or the old series for a start? Need to be careful as the new one that came out this year is a different one than the old and I have heard people buying them and not knowing they are not the same. Check your menu settings for the transducer as well if it is the correct ducer and report back.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:22 PM

Sorry...can’t help you...
Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 PM

Ya Gen2 I think he maybe didn't put the "G" in when naming his unit?

According to HB the good ole XI 9 20 Iceducer is for the "
HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2 | HELIX 7 Series | 410300-1

The only time I’ve ever had real interference was when using the same battery for a sonar and something else like a trolling motor. I doubt that’s at play, but just another thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by PlayDoh; 12-19-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:48 PM

Did you update to the new ice fishing mode on hummingbird site?
Old 12-19-2017, 11:03 PM

Maybe try resetting the unit to factory
Old 12-20-2017, 09:33 AM

like posted above, you have to update the software in your unit. Go to hummingbird and download the update on a micro sd card. also check your settings to make sure the right transducer is selected.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Flasher issues

Check under the sonar settings, is it on clear mode or max mode. Mine under max mode while ice fishing shows interference and picks up thermoclines. Works well when I go to clearmode. I think it's worth a check. Dogfish
Old 12-21-2017, 05:36 PM

Are you using it in Chirp mode because the XI 9 20 can not be used with Chirp. You need the XI 9 1521 for chirp. That is what humminbird said to me. This is what they said to me:

Me:
Hello Will the XI9 20 not work at all or is the XI 9 1521 just better I purchased the XI 9 20 cause your site stated that it was the one and now I cant find the XI 9 1521 anywhere. Can you please give me the price of the XI 91521 and if you have one.

Humminbird:
Thank you for contacting Humminbird Customer Service. The XI 9 20 will work with the HELIX 5 CHIRP DI GPS G2 but the difference is the XI 9 1521 operates on a different frequency suitable for the chirp units. The price is $99.99 and the part number is 710273-1.

Not sure if this will solve your problem but maybe