Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
It's amazing how many people just stand around and watch this sort of thing happen.

He was begging to be choked unconscious.
No kidding! Happens all the time. Facebook people trying to get that shot. Disgusting!

I'm no tough guy but if I saw that happening I'd be rolling up my sleeves and getting some of of that!

A few years ago a cop was trying to apprehend someone when it turned physical, multiple people stood by watching the scumbag getting the upper hand on the cop and just stood there recording it with their phone instead of helping the cop. You wouldn't need to manhandle the scumbag, just knock him off balance enough that the cop could take over. We're living in a society of cowards that are looking for their Facebook fame.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I hope there is a special place in HELL for that abuser that assaulted this person
I'm pretty sure by this time his name is well known in town now and he's going to be a bit of a pariah.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:10 AM

I think the guy that beat up the greeter is scum. I hope he sees prison time but I doubt it. Unlike most posters said, there were a couple of guys that stepped in to stop the beat down and one guy trying to talk the guy into stopping. I don't see much evidence in the video of a lot of people standing around not helping, a couple of females, one older guy and then a younger guy that finally stepped forward. I have no idea if the person filming was a young kid or a woman so I have no opinion on whether they should have stepped in, but at least with the video the Cops have proof.

Final thought, Walmart should be getting pilloried for having an Autistic guy trying to enforce a mask bylaw. He was hired to be a greeter, not security or enforcement and he sure isn't trained in how o defend himself. Typical Walmart abuse of employees.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The "someone should do something" line comes to mind.

And it's spot on. It translates to "I would if I was there." Shame there wasn't someone nearby who owned a pair.

I've only had an opportunity to help once. Minor stuff. I was at back of checkout line at my local Safeway. Hear a ruckus, look up and here comes a guy about 25 just dieseling with security person in hot pursuit. Their path was right between the checkout lines and bunk ends of displays. It was really simple to take one step left and bury my shoulder into running boys chest as he ran by. I remember him flying into a bunk end display of what I think was Libbys beans, demolishing the display and a couple of falling cans hitting his face as he landed looking up. Security got him under control in seconds, gave me a Thanks Man, and it was back to checkout. Got a couple of thumbs up from people in the next line and a dazed look from running man which was kinda funny. I guess all those miserable hot days in Sask practising for the HS and junior football teams paid off after all.

All I know is it felt damned good. Dawson Creek Wal-Mart wasteoid "should have been" hauled out of that store on a gurney. Theres no lack of guys who like to sucker punch in that dump but maybe that just in the bars after a few litres of liquid courage.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I'm pretty sure by this time his name is well known in town now and he's going to be a bit of a pariah.

Judging by the accent he may not have been from town.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
No kidding! Happens all the time. Facebook people trying to get that shot. Disgusting!

I'm no tough guy but if I saw that happening I'd be rolling up my sleeves and getting some of of that!

A few years ago a cop was trying to apprehend someone when it turned physical, multiple people stood by watching the scumbag getting the upper hand on the cop and just stood there recording it with their phone instead of helping the cop. You wouldn't need to manhandle the scumbag, just knock him off balance enough that the cop could take over. We're living in a society of cowards that are looking for their Facebook fame.
Not everyone is confident enough in their physicality/coordination/etc. to want to jump into a fray. How many have bum knees, arthritic hands, back issues, etc. and are scared of injury? How many worry about knives and guns, and (as previously mentioned) hatchets?

Maybe this site has more "tough guys" who've played hockey and football, served in the military and law enforcement, or wrestled livestock for a living.

But not everyone has that confidence or skill level. "Cowards" may not be the word you're looking for.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

I have put quite a few people in cuffs that the Police could not get to cooperate. A couple knew me, so they settled down, the best one was at the fair, the Officer fought for over 5 minutes and could not do a thing. I grabbed an arm, said its either coming to your back or I am going to break it, and had cuffs on in 5 seconds. The Officer said he weakened him for me lol.

I can't stand to see an animal suffer, have never stood by when someone was beating the hell out of someone else. I will step in again if I am able.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-28-2020, 10:57 AM

“Roughneck Revenge”. Looks like unemployed roughneck taking revenge on old driller working Walmart. Nothing to see here folks......move along.......
Old 11-28-2020, 11:04 AM

People don't help because for decades they have been conditioned by the MSM and Law enforcement that their help is neither needed or wanted by LEO's.

And to do so would end up with the good Samaritan to be fined , jailed or what ever.

I am not saying it is right I am just explaining why we live in such a fracked up society now.

As a wise man once said .."You reap what you sow"
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
Not everyone is confident enough in their physicality/coordination/etc. to want to jump into a fray. How many have bum knees, arthritic hands, back issues, etc. and are scared of injury? How many worry about knives and guns, and (as previously mentioned) hatchets?

Maybe this site has more "tough guys" who've played hockey and football, served in the military and law enforcement, or wrestled livestock for a living.

But not everyone has that confidence or skill level. "Cowards" may not be the word you're looking for.
I agree, I know of a young man who stepped in to stop a vicious beating, he was stabbed for his efforts, nearly lost his life. Lots of armchair quarterbacks here.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:59 PM

Let's all remember that it's easy to look at this with the knowledge of what happened from information gained in the News report. If you just walked into this scene at a Walmart and soccer-kicked the guy on top, you might find out that you just assaulted a plain clothes Loss Prevention Officer who was fighting with an armed shoplifter. Or, maybe you just assaulted someone who was preventing a kidnapping.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Let's all remember that it's easy to look at this with the knowledge of what happened from information gained in the News report. If you just walked into this scene at a Walmart and soccer-kicked the guy on top, you might find out that you just assaulted a plain clothes Loss Prevention Officer who was fighting with an armed shoplifter. Or, maybe you just assaulted someone who was preventing a kidnapping.
True enough! Great point!
Old 11-28-2020, 03:20 PM

I (or anyone else) have not seen what was said. If anyone has the first part of this video that I have missed please post it.
Is this another edited clip that only shows what people want to see? You have no idea what started this “attack”. And yes there sure is situations that may require the attention the greater received.
I think I will save the internet hanging until I know for sure what was said.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
I (or anyone else) have not seen what was said. If anyone has the first part of this video that I have missed please post it.
Is this another edited clip that only shows what people want to see? You have no idea what started this “attack”. And yes there sure is situations that may require the attention the greater received.
That’s probably where the video started. Not edited. I doubt someone started videoing before the confrontation in anticipation of a fight.
But who knows.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
That’s probably where the video started. Not edited. I doubt someone started videoing before the confrontation in anticipation of a fight.
But who knows.
Exactly my point! Everyone flaps their mouths but has no clue what happened. This same thing almost happened to me at princes auto the other day, I pulled my mask down because the fibres were getting sucked in with every breath (it was on my chin), I was called all sorts of f bombs and he even started to push me with his cart, I took two steps toward him and asked if he would like to step outside..... He walked away like the gutless Lib he really was.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:39 PM

There is some valid reasons being given on why some don’t get involved and understand not everyone is physically capable

Not understanding what is going on fair enough but there is a point when anyone can realize things are going too far

The lack of physical ability is also valid but in a place full of people you should be able to gather numbers for support. The fact of the matter is the mob mentality is easily triggered amongst people and they gain courage in numbers. It’s funny how often when the first person takes the lead they get support from strangers

I personally can’t stand and watch its not in me. Yes I have training and confidence because of it. But I have also taken a beating on two different occasions for standing up for others and I don’t regret it

Yes there is risk but you have a choice take a chance or watch another suffer. Put yourself in the victim’s shoes and ask your self what would you hope bystanders would do

But in reality people are not all wired the same and many freeze under pressure or have a stronger flight over fight response during conflict. The thing is you can’t judge how someone will react until they are faced with a situation. The funny part is it’s not always the tough guy who leads the charge and sometimes they are the ones hiding

Either way the guy who did this is a piece of crap and I am disappointed that people could not even band together and help the greeter
Old 11-28-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point! Everyone flaps their mouths but has no clue what happened. This same thing almost happened to me at princes auto the other day, I pulled my mask down because the fibres were getting sucked in with every breath (it was on my chin), I was called all sorts of f bombs and he even started to push me with his cart, I took two steps toward him and asked if he would like to step outside..... He walked away like the gutless Lib he really was.
This is becoming a big problem with those freaked out about Covid. In my opinion you are more likely to have problems with those freaked out by Covid then the anti mask crowd

I hear of way more aggressive people trying to push Covid safety
Old 11-28-2020, 03:52 PM

Exactly I was in the Leduc post office the other day and some Nimrod came in without a mask, the lady told him they don't serve people without masks he got all ornery and angry and threatening and left.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I and my staff deal with abuse on a regular basis over the guidelines that we are required to follow in order to remain open. Mostly from those who disagree with the policies in place. Abusing staff verbally and physically is not acceptable, we didn't create these policies yet people are quick to take out on staff who had nothing to do with creating these policies. According to family, who live in Dawson Creek, this incident was an overly excessive reaction that is inexcusable. The greeter has a developmental disability, he's well known to people in DC as he's worked at that Walmart for many years.

There are more reported incidents of raging from anti-maskers that have involved physical attacks. A hotel employee in BC was spat on by a customer who refused to put a mask on and refused to leave the coffee shop. Shortly later, she suffered a heart attack. Perhaps the heart attack wasn't directly contributed to being spat on but really, is that an appropriate reaction to being asked to follow the health guidlines?
Old 11-28-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I and my staff deal with abuse on a regular basis over the guidelines that we are required to follow in order to remain open. Mostly from those who disagree with the policies in place. Abusing staff verbally and physically is not acceptable, we didn't create these policies yet people are quick to take out on staff who had nothing to do with creating these policies. According to family, who live in Dawson Creek, this incident was an overly excessive reaction that is inexcusable. The greeter has a developmental disability, he's well known to people in DC as he's worked at that Walmart for many years.

There are more reported incidents of raging from anti-maskers that have involved physical attacks. A hotel employee in BC was spat on by a customer who refused to put a mask on and refused to leave the coffee shop. Shortly later, she suffered a heart attack. Perhaps the heart attack wasn't directly contributed to being spat on but really, is that an appropriate reaction to being asked to follow the health guidlines?

Who’s family? Yours? Did they see it happen or like everyone else relying on here say?
Old 11-28-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Who’s family? Yours? Did they see it happen or like everyone else relying on here say?
That you respond to words with violence is interesting.

The dude shouldn't have pushed you with his cart, though.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
The guy has worked at Walmart as a greeter for 18 years. No incidents. Loved by all. You figure he chose now after 18 years to pic a fight? Lol with a body builder no less?......laughable.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
The guy has worked at Walmart as a greeter for 18 years. No incidents. Loved by all. You figure he chose now after 18 years to pic a fight? Lol with a body builder no less?......laughable.
I don’t know what happened.... Ether do you. I’m not saying the jerk doesn’t need to go to jail for that. But I’ve seen enough “edited”videos of people screaming injustice lately only to find out a couple weeks later that what was originally posted was not the case at all (the kid with the native, a couple police shootings down in the us come to mind). Don’t believe everything you see on YouTube.
This is a public forum of opinions, now you have mine.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, my family, and no they weren't witness to the altercation but I feel I can trust their opinion of the matter based on their personal knowledge of the greeter regarding his personality and disposition. This type of assault on any store employee, let alone one with a developmental disability is inexcusable, regardless of where the video started recording. As mentioned above, 18 years without incident kind of speaks volumes. I have personal experience with how my staff is treated on a regular basis to know that people are out of control over their aversion to wearing masks and following health guidelines.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post

You're right. People who are less willing to come to the aid of someone being unfairly set upon? Better?

I'm no tough guy but I'd far rather suffer the consequences of what may transpire than go to bed that night thinking I did NOTHING.

Last edited by 270person; 11-28-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I have put quite a few people in cuffs that the Police could not get to cooperate. A couple knew me, so they settled down, the best one was at the fair, the Officer fought for over 5 minutes and could not do a thing. I grabbed an arm, said its either coming to your back or I am going to break it, and had cuffs on in 5 seconds. The Officer said he weakened him for me lol.

I can't stand to see an animal suffer, have never stood by when someone was beating the hell out of someone else. I will step in again if I am able.

Good on ya Ken. Of course it helps being 6'8, and 325 lbs of well honed granite. Shows you can discern right from wrong and there's not enough in this world these days.

Better to stand back and get it all recorded on your phone and post it on social media than to get involved.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post

Armed shoplifters wear Wally World smocks? All aboard the excuse train. What if...What if...

Don't help out the folks in the overturned vehicle either. It might blow up.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Guy getting beat on was a Wal-Mart greeter type? Them are dangerous powerful individuals Right?
Old 11-28-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:

He said the greeter was well known to DC residents. Stop playing silly bugger.

And who gives a rats? There's kind of a point when you can tell when someone's had enough and if the beating continues its time to help. Hammering someone who's defenceless, in the face while that person's head is against a cement floor just might be the time.

Good on you for standing up for your own rights in PA though.

Last edited by 270person; 11-28-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I don’t know what happened.... Ether do you. I’m not saying the jerk doesn’t need to go to jail for that. But I’ve seen enough “edited”videos of people screaming injustice lately only to find out a couple weeks later that what was originally posted was not the case at all (the kid with the native, a couple police shootings down in the us come to mind). Don’t believe everything you see on YouTube.
This is a public forum of opinions, now you have mine.
I saw a man striking another man laying on his back over and over, that is enough for me to form an opinion.

Thomas Sowell