Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-20-2012, 08:13 AM

Default Tournaments

Looking for partner to fish in upcoming 2012 walleye tournaments I have decent boat and decent rv just need some good company I have a few I'm going into already but not as many as I would like I fish a ton and hopefully those interested are avid walleye fans as well thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 08:23 AM

Which tournaments are you planning on fishing? I am assuming you mean the SAWT tournaments?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM

Up north and sask as well been looking into dates but but some are conflicting I like sask. just because you know your going to catch fish that will be weighed as they don't have size limit and it's just different scenery I fish south a lot already but nothing is in stone except for the golden walleye,the vanity cup and regina beach
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM

I would be interested, but if entry fees are anything like the SAWT tournys I won't be able to afford it.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM

They are actually more dough at least the ones I've looked into
Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 PM

I would love to check out the Northern and Sask. tourneys but the funds just aren't there for it right now. I will be lucky to even fish the SAWT this season.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM

Send me a Pm we will talk . I was looking to fish tournaments and would of required a partner aswell , so perhaps we can work something out .
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM

SAWT tournments for 2012 are $450.00 each this year.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
SAWT tournments for 2012 are $450.00 each this year.
Yup and I was going to have a tough time paying for the tourneys when it was $340. I really hope I can make it.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
I would be interested, but if entry fees are anything like the SAWT tournys I won't be able to afford it.
Guess you wont be fishing

Rowans 420.00
Vanity 1000.00
Golden 1000.00
And I think that the northern tournaments are all around the 400 mark..

The SAWT has raised the entry fees but the 340 was plus 20 for meals, so 360 was the entry.

This years fees and payouts are similar to the SWT and the NWT..
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Yup and I was going to have a tough time paying for the tourneys when it was $340. I really hope I can make it.
Nate
works out to 45 buck per guy, one less case of beer and you will be fine..lol
Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Nate
works out to 45 buck per guy, one less case of beer and you will be fine..lol
The problem is I didn't bring beer last year at all. I am not saying it is a bad thing with the rise in fees I was just going to struggle to get the funds with it being last years price let alone this years. I am talking with a some people about possibly helping out. I will do everything I can to make it work.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
The problem is I didn't bring beer last year at all. I am not saying it is a bad thing with the rise in fees I was just going to struggle to get the funds with it being last years price let alone this years. I am talking with a some people about possibly helping out. I will do everything I can to make it work.
You are not the only one Nate. Others are concerned as well.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Nate you are the third person today unhappy with the increase.

Just today!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 PM

If I was in a better financial situation I don't think I would have even thought twice about it but with the position I am in right now I every dollar counts.

One of the hardest things I have done recently was tell Bob that he should look for another partner for this coming year because I am unsure if I will have the cash to fish the trail. I would have felt like garbage if I would have left him hanging and couldn't make it and then he has to cancel because he couldn't find someone to fish with.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:11 PM

Wishingiwasfishing, The SWT has a number of tournaments in the $350.00 range Regina Beach Walleye Classic, Last Mountian Fall Classic, RowansRavine, Sask Landing, Elbow, Ft. Qu, Appelle Riverhhurst,To name a few The Regina Beach Walleye Classic has a $10,000 payout on a 100 boat field,
Check SWT web site for more info.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Wishingiwasfishing, The SWT has a number of tournaments in the $350.00 range Regina Beach Walleye Classic, Last Mountian Fall Classic, Sask Landing, Elbow, Ft. Qu, Appelle Riverhhurst,To name a few The Regina Beach Walleye Classic has a $10,000 payout on a 100 boat field,
Check SWT web site for more info.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM

I haven't decided which ones to fish in but I know for certain the bigger paying ones are on my mind for sure sawt I want to fish but it seems like half the field strikes out on 50's and I believe the whole weighing in contributes a lot to the experience as a whole and I know catching 47's and 48's for 2 days is still fun but I'm really liking having fish in the live well and pulling up to the dock.It baffles me why the powers that be can't relax regs for 6 days a year to accommodate the fisherman considering it's a live release and would make every competitor stand a fighting chance and just at least get the opportunity to have his or her name called thru the speaker..........just my cents
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Just my two cents.....this typing is for the birds
Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingiwasfishing View Post
I haven't decided which ones to fish in but I know for certain the bigger paying ones are on my mind for sure sawt I want to fish but it seems like half the field strikes out on 50's and I believe the whole weighing in contributes a lot to the experience as a whole and I know catching 47's and 48's for 2 days is still fun but I'm really liking having fish in the live well and pulling up to the dock.It baffles me why the powers that be can't relax regs for 6 days a year to accommodate the fisherman considering it's a live release and would make every competitor stand a fighting chance and just at least get the opportunity to have his or her name called thru the speaker..........just my cents
The numbers being caught on the SAWT the last couple years have been due to terrible weather.

If you look at the Travers tourney from last year you will notice that there were quite a few more fish caught then any of the others. I think a good part of that is the good weather we received during that tourney.

If we get good weather this season I could see the numbers jump up pretty good.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Catching fish isn't really a big problem for me just really don't want to fish for 2 days and not have the opportunity to have the fish weighed all of ours reservoirs are awesome to fish at but regs really work against the fishermen in a tournament setting
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Catching fish isn't really a big problem for me just really don't want to fish for 2 days and not have the opportunity to have the fish weighed all of ours reservoirs are awesome to fish at but regs really work against the fishermen in a tournament setting
I would say the opposite. Isn't the idea to have the most weight and not the most fish weighed in?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:29 PM

FYI...Regina Beach will be a bigger entry fee for 2012 as it's their 20th anniversary and the entry fee is going to double, and so will the payout.

Chris K
Old 01-20-2012, 09:29 PM

Not really ......if winning is all you care about I suppose but it's still pretty satisfying to see yourself in standings and try to improve year to year I just think its cool to be able to be part of the whole process and that's hard when you can only count fish of 50 cms or better
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM

Default the golden

the golden is 2000 from what im told
Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Not really ......if winning is all you care about I suppose but it's still pretty satisfying to see yourself in standings and try to improve year to year I just think its cool to be able to be part of the whole process and that's hard when you can only count fish of 50 cms or better
The good fishermen of the SAWT are consistently putting fish on the board every tourney. It is tough some days when you are going through a ton of fish and can't find a legal but that is what makes the SAWT so challenging. The competition is good and plenty of good people to hang out and chat with after a hard day on the water that will steer you in the right direction for the next day.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 PM

Guys look at it this way , actually it will be cheaper in the long run ! Last year it was 1500 for all four tournaments, this year 1500 for three tournaments, so thats one less tournament to pre fish for 2 days,plus tournament days, pay camping for 4 days , gas money , food , beer, whiskey , bait, and all the other cost, and the prize money is better at each tournament ! Just come out have fun , bring your family meet new people, enjoy your days out fishing! I dont know a guy who fishes tournaments to get rich, but i do know lots of guys who fish tournaments for the fun/ competative edge it brings! So stop complaining about the entry fee money you guys dont make sense, and your making the sawt look bad , when in reality the 4 guys running sawt have turned it around big time and are offering minor/ new changes in the positive direction for the sawt 2012 tournaments and the years to come! For the guys who like to complain step up and run the show , ill tell you what its not a easy !

My 2 cents

Jason

See you boys on the water !
Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 PM

X2 well said
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM

Was only looking for potential partners to fish in tournaments never said I was on a budget fees are the least of my worries and like I said earlier our reservoirs are great it's just unfortunate to pay 10 or 1000 dollars and come away with zeros beside your name getting to fully participate in all aspects of a tournament is pretty rewarding in itself but I also agree with getting out and having fun and I'm not complaining was simple stating my thoughts nor do I think the sawt folks are doing a bad job regs are something thats out of all our hands and anyone saying it doesn't matter to see your name in standings must be used of it because once you do it just ads another element to the whole thing
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
ever thing the regs were not setup for the sport-fishermen or the tournament fishermen but for the health of the fish and the fishery..........