Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-24-2019, 08:32 AM

Default Whitefish lake,Alberta

Hi. Just got back to Alberta from overseas for 2 years. Trying to get more info for fishing in Albert.
I was wondering anyone knows about whitefish lake—-north of Edmonton.
Is the fish biting or not?
A friend of mine has a pontoon boat and invited me to the Silver Birch Campsite.
Any info you know would help me. Could you also mention when was the last time you went? It would not help me when someone tells me a good old story from 20-30 years ago.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 09:30 AM

That's a good way to start off Maybe you should just go fishn and find out yourself, kinda like the rest of us have.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
That's a good way to start off Maybe you should just go fishn and find out yourself, kinda like the rest of us have.

Hi Troller. Yes I would eventually have to do that—find out myself. But I never been to the lake before. Hoping that someone from the forum might have experience fishing there.

Anyone else has any info & tips?

Old 06-24-2019, 10:33 AM

Not sure if it is an issue for you but they shut down the lake this year to keeping Pike so mostly catch and release up there.

Was on the lake wetting a line a couple weeks ago. No bites but then again I am not much of a fisherman. Saw a few which excited the kids...

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTrapper View Post
Not sure if it is an issue for you but they shut down the lake this year to keeping Pike so mostly catch and release up there.

Was on the lake wetting a line a couple weeks ago. No bites but then again I am not much of a fisherman. Saw a few which excited the kids...

Good luck!

Thank you NFTrapper!

Old 07-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Default Nada

Fishing has been poor for awhile now. Limits are zero for pike and pickeral unless you get pickeral draws. Perch are there but very hard to find. For some reason they drop the limits, but still allow the natives to net the lake???? Go figure.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOBA_ACE View Post
Fishing has been poor for awhile now. Limits are zero for pike and pickeral unless you get pickeral draws. Perch are there but very hard to find. For some reason they drop the limits, but still allow the natives to net the lake???? Go figure.
Lake is dead!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Hi. Just got back to Alberta from overseas for 2 years. Trying to get more info for fishing in Albert.
I was wondering anyone knows about whitefish lake—-north of Edmonton.
Is the fish biting or not?
A friend of mine has a pontoon boat and invited me to the Silver Birch Campsite.
Any info you know would help me. Could you also mention when was the last time you went? It would not help me when someone tells me a good old story from 20-30 years ago.
Thanks.

Just came back from a 3 day trip. I'll never be back. Fish were scarce and terrible looking. And watched a local wreck his boat on the rocks.