Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Banned

Default NO good deed goes unpunished !

I am sure second amendment supporters want to unseat Barac before he
Does anything serious . He has a Gun rant coming on CNN ,tonite I believe .

I always wonder why no victim at these mass shootings is armed and able
To defend themselves .
Here is a woman who is never helping out again .

http://paid.outbrain.com/network/red...c=f3061b7b&v=3
Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

She shot at suspected Shoplifters? This is scary. Shooting at a vehicle in a parking lot? Thank god nobody was hurt. I am happy she lost her permit.
Examples like these do not help our cause. What she did was dangerous and unwarranted.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:43 AM

Just crazy shooting in the parking lot. Anyone, even kids could have been shot. But ya know, if more people did that one would think that thiefs might take notice and smarten up.

Never know if Grandma is packing ???

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellknik View Post
I am sure second amendment supporters want to unseat Barac

President Barack Obama
Old 01-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Banned

Actually, what this woman did is a good argument for NOT supporting having every Tom, Dick and Harriet carrying. The response was not appropriate IMO.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Actually, what this woman did is a good argument for NOT supporting having every Tom, Dick and Harriet carrying. The response was not appropriate IMO.
Agree!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:30 PM

What the heck could be so important in home depot that would trigger someone to want to kill,if you shoot at someone odds are you may kill them or hurt someone innocent very bad.

This person is right out to lunch,there is nothing that valuable in home depot except for the safe and in today's stores you can bet it's not a small one or easy to remove.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Banned

Yeah, and then there is there mom who killed her daughter, thinking she was an intruder.

Great to be armed, huh? Oh, a law enforcement officer lived in the house.

But what the hey. It's Floriduh.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/31...-intruder.html
Old 01-05-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I agree with this 100%.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Brits have banned hand guns and severely restricted others. This is what they are down to. One knifing every 24 minutes ?

http://www.idontcarryaknife.org/knif...e/what-do-i-do

Good thing Hitler isn't on the horizon

Grizz
Old 01-05-2016, 04:37 PM

I watched Barack on TV this morning. He has made an executive decision to do a few things regarding gun laws. All his points were valid and I would hope a reasonable society would also think this way. The suggestions he made were positive and quite doable. Like gun manufacuring technology making guns safer and controlling sales of large capacity magazines. And looking into and improving online gun sale requirements like dealer licences for people buying and selling multiple guns. All common sense type of stuff. And with today's technologies there is no reason things can't be achieved and improve public safety for the US citizens.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM

I agree most sound fair. The devil is in the details, so hopefully some sense will prevail there. I can't say I see any future in the "smart guns" technology part. Inevitably they'll come up with something expensive and easy to get around, and gun owners will pay more for squat. And hopefully they don't mess up the rest or insert loopholes to make the law-abiding suffer.

As to this incident, from what little is said it seems like complete lunacy to fire a gun like she did. I can't begin to express how many reasons there are to NEVER do that. Beginning with never use deadly force just to preserve property. I don't know of anywhere in the US where that's allowed. You'll get slammed badly for that.

I'm pro-carry. It's a good idea that generally works, the stats support that. But she was out to lunch for firing on a fleeing car of shoplifters. OMG!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:54 AM

Default Threat level response

Lots of facts missing and left up to the imagination here. However, the courts DID rule against this misguided(?) citizen. That speaks volumes regarding the details of this incident. Lesson for all who would try to help in any given situation. Assess the situation!!! Lethal force should only be employed for the preservation of life. That being said, I hope I never have to make such a decision! Lord (and training) help me, if I do!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 AM

The problem seems to be a idiot who shoots at shoplifters. Who cares if they stole a power tool. You don't pull your weapon for that.

Sitting at a restaurant, movie etc and some lunatic pulls a gun to kill people. Pull your gun and shoot till their dead. Home Depot shoplifter? What the heck? She should be charged. Probably will be sued by the shoplifters too.