Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 07:08 AM

Default Cooks outfitting

Looking for some refrences on Cooks Outfitting out of Mistatim Sask. Black bear hunts in particular. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:50 PM

Don’t know Cook’s but it would be pretty hard to screw up a baited bear hunt at mistatim. Tons of bears with lots of color. Don’t assume you have to be way back in the swamps for a good bear, lots on the farmland.
Outfitters tend to “hot seat” some of their favourite stands so take along a portable to hunt from a different tree than the last few guys. The bears know where the stand is and mostly tolerate humans but a big boar might not.
A representative bear is Probly the easiest trophy in hunting but a really big one is among the toughest.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:57 PM

I can’t help you and I suspect you won’t find many albertans that have paid for an outfitted bear hunt in sask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 04:16 PM

he took over circle lakes outfitting correct? good spot on the fringe of the provincial forest with a plethora of trees and farmland to produce great bears. as said previously, lots of color phase bears as well. good luck and post your story if you don't mind?
Old 04-26-2019, 06:52 AM

I would have got references before booking with any outfitter. I have been burnt before. That being said....it would have to be a horribly run outfit to not produce bears in that area. Good luck!! Looking forward to pics and a story!!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:55 PM

Thanks, and will be posting a story for sure. Really excited to make this happen.