Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM

thanks for the help
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fish King View Post
Well I dont have a boat but my ride is also my fishing machine. 1990 GMC Suburban, 6inch procomp lift, 35x1250R17 Dick Cepek Tires, Flowmaster exhaust, and a beauty of a chevy 350. No boat but it has got me into some lakes where i was told only quads would make it.
Nice rig King. I have a similar fishing machine..78 bronco with dual lockers on 35 12.5's. In some situations its better than a quad. Except in the fuel consumption dept...
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 AM

My 1850 Ranger Reatta. Nice all around boat. Can still take friends out for fun and makes a day of fishing pretty comfy.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Default New Boat

Picked up my NEW TO ME boat the other day.
Had sold my old rig awhile back and decided to buy my buddys boat.

2003 Crestliner, 225 Merc Opti, 15 hp 4 stroke kicker and 36 volt 100 ft/lb thrust transom and bow electrics.
Can't wait for the ice to DISAPPEAR now!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Here she blows...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Fishing machine

I am surprised to see this fishing machine machine. You must be enjoying fishing.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 AM

It's my job....and what a job lol
Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 AM

Riggdog, very clean looking boat
Old 04-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Default New boat

After talking back and forth with members of this forum about repowering my old boat and still having an old boat with a new motor I started looking at new boats. I did not plan on going with as fancy boat but what the heck we only live once. This boat was used by a tourny fisherman for one year.
She is a Lund Model 1950 Tyee with a 200 hp, Virado and a 9.9 kicker the kicker is all controled from the cockpit, electric start, speed, forward and reverse, and power tilt. It has the optional captains chairs and all of the seats have air ride. Because it is the 60 th anaversary model it has every option you can think of , stand up top, smart gauges, 2 livewells, 2 bildge pumps, upgraded stereo, etc etc. I want to thank the members of this forum for their advise to look at new boats. Because I now have the boat of my dreams.
My crew and I are heading to Reindeer lake the end of June and this rig is perfect for the bigger water.

And Doug H. do not worry this rig does not make me any better fishermen so your wife will still out fish me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg boat.JPG (93.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

Wow fishincrazy, nice work!

That thing is totally decked out, right down to the Trailer Tux.

You are going to LOVE that boat.

Waxy
Old 04-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Thanks Waxy, The hard part is waiting for the ice to melt. Last year we went out to Wabamun Lake as the ice near town comes off early because of the power plants. I am going to be back out there this year for the maiden voyage as soon as there is any open water!!!!
Are the lakes down your way showing any signs of opening up?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishincrazy View Post
Thanks Waxy, The hard part is waiting for the ice to melt. Last year we went out to Wabamun Lake as the ice near town comes off early because of the power plants. I am going to be back out there this year for the maiden voyage as soon as there is any open water!!!!
Are the lakes down your way showing any signs of opening up?
Couldn't tell you, I haven't been out of the city in months except a sled trip to Fernie.

From what I hear though, it's going to be a while...

Waxy
Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 PM

beautifull boat,,

love the colour pattern
Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse34567 View Post
beautifull boat,,

love the colour pattern
How'd you make out with the one you went and looked at Jesse? Any good?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Fishin crazy, beauty boat! And I know my wife will out fish you, heck, a monkey could out fish you. We look forward to many days on the lake together. Say hi to your warden and the kids. Fishin crazy, what a name, it suits you, last time I saw lips like that they had a hook in them! Stay safe my friend.
Doug
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Sweet ride fishin crazy.. Never go wrong with a Lund you will have a boat for years enjoy it..
Old 04-07-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbosch View Post
How'd you make out with the one you went and looked at Jesse? Any good?
last weekend the guy had it in storage set to look at her this weekend
Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
After talking back and forth with members of this forum about repowering my old boat and still having an old boat with a new motor I started looking at new boats. I did not plan on going with as fancy boat but what the heck we only live once. This boat was used by a tourny fisherman for one year.
She is a Lund Model 1950 Tyee with a 200 hp, Virado and a 9.9 kicker the kicker is all controled from the cockpit, electric start, speed, forward and reverse, and power tilt. It has the optional captains chairs and all of the seats have air ride. Because it is the 60 th anaversary model it has every option you can think of , stand up top, smart gauges, 2 livewells, 2 bildge pumps, upgraded stereo, etc etc. I want to thank the members of this forum for their advise to look at new boats. Because I now have the boat of my dreams.
My crew and I are heading to Reindeer lake the end of June and this rig is perfect for the bigger water.

And Doug H. do not worry this rig does not make me any better fishermen so your wife will still out fish me.
You have a famous boat. It's been on TV on the In-Fisherman Professional Walleye Trail TV program and was used to win first place the the CanAM Pro AM PWT in Dryden Ontario on Lake Wabigoon. Maybe some of the big fish luck will rub off on you guys. Nice boat! Chris K
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM

Chris K, Thanks for the info. That is very interesting. I am a firm believer in luck and as you said hopefully some of it will rub off on us.
From your previos threads it sounds like you fish tournaments. Is it a weekend thing for you? Or do you do it full time? How long have you been doing that and do you make any money at it or is it for fun? I have often thought about trying one or two out for fun. Any comments?

Walleyes, I did alot of research on different boats, motors etc I think that the Lund is top of the line. You pay a little for the name but when you look at the construction and details of the boat ( some of which you don't see until you get it home) they are a step ahead of the competition. This boat will service me well for a long time to come and I should not need to upgrade.

Doug H. I think the next time we are out together we should have our own private tourny. Maybe even put a little money on it. The only problem is we will have to hire a official to keep you honest because I know how you like to tell fish stories. Then again you may just want to hand me the prize money before we start to save yourself the embarassment? I would understand.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Hey Fishincrazy, nice boat! My brother has the same boat and it is a dream to fish out of. A word of advice on the trailer skirt/rock screen. The aluminum vertical stakes that hold the netting will fatigue in the wind eventually and begin to fold inward toward the boat. You don't want the flapping netting to touch your boat when this happens as it will wear the finish. My advice is to beef up these supports before this happens. I did this on my brothers boat.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
AO Sponsor

Default My New fishing boat!!

Here is the latest addition to the fleet, the 26ft "Earlee June" ! Sea trials have gone great, and I am currently adding a Radar and Dual station controls - a must for boats with a closed cabin!
MK
Attachment 11426

boat_076.jpg

boat_046.jpg
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Hey Fishincrazy, nice boat! My brother has the same boat and it is a dream to fish out of. A word of advice on the trailer skirt/rock screen. The aluminum vertical stakes that hold the netting will fatigue in the wind eventually and begin to fold inward toward the boat. You don't want the flapping netting to touch your boat when this happens as it will wear the finish. My advice is to beef up these supports before this happens. I did this on my brothers boat.
When I purchased mine last year there was an option of two different grades of aluminum stakes, regular and heavy duty. He advised me to pay the few $$$ more and go with the heavy duty ones due to the height and length of my Tux. I'm glad I did. You also have to make sure you keep the Tux tight, if it gets loose, the buffeting action of the wind will wear out anything over a period of time.

You should have your brother call Bob at Trailer Tux and explain the problem, I'd be amazed if he wouldn't help you out with that. His customer service is second to none.

Waxy
Old 04-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Thanks Waxy, we will do that. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Chris K, Thanks for the info. That is very interesting. I am a firm believer in luck and as you said hopefully some of it will rub off on us. From your previos threads it sounds like you fish tournaments. Is it a weekend thing for you? Or do you do it full time? How long have you been doing that and do you make any money at it or is it for fun? I have often thought about trying one or two out for fun. Any comments?
I fish from 10 to 12 tournaments a year, mostly in Alberta and Saskatchewan, but sometimes in the states or other provinces to the east as well. I have fished some Professional Walleye Trail and FLW events in the past, and depending on my schedule and when tournaments are I will continue to do so in the future. I have been fishing tournaments since 1999 and I have a few sponsors that I work with as well. I don't do this to make money, as it's pretty much impossible to do, I just enjoy it and do it for fun. Don't get me wrong, I like to win, but I like the competition and the comraderie of it as well and I am always learning about my favourite fish, the walleye. I do some writing and sell some photographs, and attend a bunch of boat shows in the winter helping dealers sell boats. As well I also put on an Angler Young Angler Fishing Tournament on Beaver Lake out of Lac La Biche. It's an event that consists of a one day mini walleye tournament with one adult and two kids 17 and under, and for 2009 there are 29 of these events across Canada and the United States. If you want to fish a tournament or two, I encourage you to try it out. In Alberta there are some good events and new boats are always welcome, but some events fill up really fast and you need to get an entry form and send it in the day after they are put out. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. Chris K
Old 04-11-2009, 12:38 PM

My rig when it is clean, really like the full top for fishing in the rain. Plan on sleeping in there some day.
Salty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0126.JPG (57.6 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg boat.JPG (65.9 KB, 168 views)
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Default New boat

Well I finally got some pictures of the new boat. Took it out to the shuswap last weekend to test it out. Weather was awesome and boat worked great. Fishing was good also.

Newest member of the family!