Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Default E-Callers

Whats the best maker of ecallers for predator hunting out there? Is fox pro still one of the best?
Old 11-04-2021, 05:21 PM

I use a fox pro. They still work great although you'll get a few guys saying that 'yotes have adjusted to their sounds. I don't believe that personally. You get a coyote in earshot, he'll wander over for a gander more often than not or close to
Old 11-04-2021, 06:13 PM

I use a Lucky Duck Revolt, seems to bring them in pretty good.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:42 PM

I'd say foxpro is still the top dog out there for callers. Like stated already the lucky duck's are supposedly pretty good but i still choose foxpro. For those that thing the foxpro sounds are overplayed it's not hard to just get new sounds.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 11-04-2021, 10:46 PM

Foxpro is made in the USA and some models come with up to a five year warranty.Any warranty issues I have had,mostly speakers, were handled expertly by telephone before sending unit for warranty work.Very effortlessly. My top of the line Lucky Duck Roughneck had issues and through sheer luck or mistake they sent me a free remote. Poor antenna setup broke. Claimed it broke through abuse.One man working warranty line and was hard to contact and was not knowledgeable.One year warranty is now over.Two years later Im still trying to figure out the fancy lucky duck names.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:04 AM

Default e-caller

Wildlife Technologies
Old 11-05-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
Whats the best maker of ecallers for predator hunting out there? Is fox pro still one of the best?
Had mine a few years and it's still going good-many preds won't come in if they've been around the block a few times. Other folks mileage may vary.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 11-05-2021, 11:02 PM

Default E callers

Foxpro.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Foxpro.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 11-07-2021, 08:36 PM

I use a foxpro shockwave znd a primos turbo dogg. Fox pro has a few better sounds and a better remote. The primos is smaller to carry better on batteries and a fraction of the price of a shockwave. Use the sit n spin with the turbo dogg and it is as effective as the shockwave.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:08 AM

Ordered from wildlife technologies. I知 hoping to call wolves and they have some good big game in distress sounds. Got a call the other day that my unit will be delayed a bit as they池e waiting on some kind of widget from a supplier. She said next week, we値l see.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvin View Post
Ordered from wildlife technologies. I知 hoping to call wolves and they have some good big game in distress sounds. Got a call the other day that my unit will be delayed a bit as they池e waiting on some kind of widget from a supplier. She said next week, we値l see.
Unless I am reading the regs wrong, using the sounds of big game (ie deer, moose, elk) in distress on an electronic caller to call wolves is illegal.

As far as callers go, FoxPro is my go to. Great selection of high quality sounds, awesome calling features, well built units and awesome customer service.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:55 PM

I知 a sask resident, but thanks for the heads up John. I値l check our regs.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Unless I am reading the regs wrong, using the sounds of big game (ie deer, moose, elk) in distress on an electronic caller to call wolves is illegal.

As far as callers go, FoxPro is my go to. Great selection of high quality sounds, awesome calling features, well built units and awesome customer service.
You are right for some reason its illegal to call wolves with an electronic call.
So if you are calling Coyotes and a Wolf shows up you take your chances if you shoot it.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You are right for some reason its illegal to call wolves with an electronic call.
So if you are calling Coyotes and a Wolf shows up you take your chances if you shoot it.
That's not entirely true. You can use e calls that mimic small game or other predators just not big game sounds ie moose, elk, deer distress etc so if a wolf comes in while coyote calling you just need to make sure you can keep it together enough to make a good shot haha.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 11-10-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
That's not entirely true. You can use e calls that mimic small game or other predators just not big game sounds ie moose, elk, deer distress etc so if a wolf comes in while coyote calling you just need to make sure you can keep it together enough to make a good shot haha.
Again another e-caller rule that makes no sense.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:03 PM

I have a Foxpro Crossfire, which came pre-loaded with something like 75(?) calls (sorry I forget).
But I went to Foxpro website and just bought a whole bunch more calls, downloaded them to my computer, then uploaded them to my Crossfire.
I ended up with somewhere around 175 calls.

By the way, if you look at Foxpro calls, they are numbered, just to do with when they were created kinda thing. But when you download them to your computer, you have the option to re-name or re-number these calls.

I created a 'playlist' of sorts. Numbered all Coyote calls 000 to 038, then all Rabbit/Hare calls 039 to 055 for example.
For all the different species, I categorized them that way. When I had all the calls sorted/categorized that way, then I uploaded the works to my Crossfire.

Finally, I made a Cue Card, printed off my call sheet in large bold font, so that it is easy reference card, then laminated it.

When I am in the field calling, my 2 priority calls will be 1) Coyote 2) Rabbit/Hare 3) Birds.

I have played with it enough, that what I will do is sequence calls. If I start out with coyote, I don't just play any single call, without blending it with a second call.
It takes some fooling around, but once you get familiar with the calls, and which calls can blend together, it really changes up what you can do with it.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker