Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-27-2014, 03:11 PM

Default Recommended Stabilizer?

Getting some practice in for the mother the other day and realized I'm a tad off. Sometimes user error, sometimes shakes, etc...

I have yet to throw on a stabilizer for a few reasons (like i'm cheap, lol..) but now kinda curious how it might effect me. Try it before you buy it of course. But was wondering what you guys have found works and why?

Any thoughts???
Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 PM

Go to your local pro shop and try a few.

I didn't used to think a long stabilizer would do much....then I went to the mother last year and saw that having no stabilizer or a short one was the exception!

So I figured what they heck I would try one. I tried a couple longer stabilizers and finally settled on one and it helps my shooting for sure.

Seems to help my pins settle down, helps the balance of the bow and help s lower the vibration as well.

Hit the local pro shop or if you have friends with stabilizers ask to try them out. You have to see what works for you and your bow.

LC
Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Thanks. Yeah, i should have tried before i was done yesterday.

I checked on the way out and they ok'd trying before buying, so next time i'm in. Is one of those things though. So many kinds, guess it will be based on feel, i was thinking short though. Might have to try both.

I totally sucked last year, have to make up for it this year.

My bow derailed when someone was trying to be helpful to measure for arrows (silly story), as i broke a few too many of mine. Then had a few issues the last day. lmao.... wasn't ready but had a blast all the same.

So this year I need to get my head out of my butt so i can have fun and do well. Thought a stabilizer might help as i need all i can get. lol...
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

Seems to help my pins settle down, helps the balance of the bow and help s lower the vibration as well.

LC
That's what i'm looking for =). Thank you!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Are you looking for a stab for hunting or target shooting? Any idea of a budget?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Are you looking for a stab for hunting or target shooting? Any idea of a budget?
Currently for target, eventually for hunting. I've always been one to work with what i have but able to put out a bit for something different or extra if it is an asset.

Depending on the piece, you pay for what you get. However I am not that big nor is my bow so i don't want to look like i'm over compensating.. ha! lol..

I have a compound, not target bow. Just something decent, and practical.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:25 PM

If I could make a suggestion on what to try....I use these on my 3D bow, I have made some modifications (I have doubled the length on my 3D bow) but these stabilizers come with some additonal weights to play around with too.

Cabela's carries them and so does Jimbows in Calgary. The 9 inch one runs about $50-55

http://www.trophyridge.com/bow-stabi...tic-stabilizer

LC
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 PM

9-12" with removable weights, Lefty has it pretty much dialed in on what you should be looking for.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
If I could make a suggestion on what to try....I use these on my 3D bow, I have made some modifications (I have doubled the length on my 3D bow) but these stabilizers come with some additonal weights to play around with too.

Cabela's carries them and so does Jimbows in Calgary. The 9 inch one runs about $50-55

http://www.trophyridge.com/bow-stabi...tic-stabilizer

LC
Thanks LC I'll certainly check that one out. Looked on line with that link. Looks like it might work well.

Tags
archery, bow, stabilizer