Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-07-2015, 06:27 PM
AO Sponsor

Default The Vortex Warranty

I have read a few past threads in the outdoorsman forum in regards to Vortex products. I have only found a couple in which the owners had an issue with the product. But, the real issue is that they did not take advantage of our warranty, and instead complained that there was an issue and did nothing about it.

Vortex is very proud of the products we put out for our customers. I want everyone here to know that although we try to make the highest quality of optics possible,if you do have a piece of vortex equipment and it is not functioning properly, please send it to us and we will be happy to look at it for you. Most times we can repair the item here in Canada or it might be needed to go to the USA for a major repair. We look at each case individually, and if it is needed and in the customers best interest we will replace it. The only cost to you the customer is to ship the item to us. We look after return shipping it back to you.
It is very important to know that we are here to help you and to ensure you the customer are happy with your purchase. However, if you do not speak up and let us know if there is a problem, we wont be able to help you. So, if you do have an issue let us know and we will make it right. We want to keep you effective while your in the field.

Thank You
Reg
Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 PM

Very nice to see that your company is actually taking note of the comments on here and taking the time to respond to the unsatisfied customer comments. Unlike WS that couldn't care less how many negative comments they receive. I bought a Vortex scope this fall and am quite impressed with it so far. Keep up the good customer service.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:54 PM

I only had good service when it came to my warranty claim. My Ranger 1000 stopped ranging, went back to Vortex, and within two weeks I had a brand new one at my house.

Pretty good warranty when you consider even the electronics are included!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:29 PM

Reg I been struggling between purchasing, a leupold, or Vortex for my .270
You have made up my mind, I'm gonna go with a nice Vortex. Wondering if maybe you have any suggestions. Bare in mind I'm a target shooter, and currently working on perfecting my 400+ shot, and also wish to keep my groupings at 200. I'm working my way up!!! I would really value your opinion.
Thank you!!!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:53 AM

I can say my experience with Vortex Scopes has been nothing but disappointing.
Do far my range finder ha worked well.

I bought a HSLR 4-16x50 FFP scope a couple of years ago. Mounted it on a Tikka Lite 30-06. sighted the scope in at the range. Was very happy. put a couple hundred rds through the rifle. Verifying the scope and turrets getting confident with the scope out to 600 meters.

Put the scope away in my safe. A month or so later go back to the range to verify zero before hunting. It was not zeroed, was shooting off a few inches. Thought maybe I adjusted the turrets. Got it back on zero or so I thought. Held Zero until I either adjusted the magnification or changed my turret setting. It would be way off, but consistent.

Went back to a local dealer and chatted with him about the issue. Replaced my rings, loosened cleaned up and re tightened stock screws, site mount, cleaned the rifle, then went back to the range shot the rifle and scope. again would not hold zero after adjusting.

Went back to the dealer, they noticed the reticle was swinging back and forth when adjusting the magnification They exchanged the scope over the counter.

Went back to the range sited in the new scope, never thought another thing about it.
Went hunting missed a shot at 200 meters, went back to the range rifle was shooting low and to the right. Did some verification would not hold a zero. Would shoot consistent until any adjustment was made then it would change MPI significantly and hold that zero until an adjustment was done again.

Finally after eliminating all other avenues with the rifle, mounts and ammo I sent the scope back to Vortex. They fixed it no problem. The erector ring was loose, causing a shift of the cross hairs.

As soon as I got the scope back I phoned Vortex and asked if the problem is fixed or if it would happen again. I was told if it happened again send it back and they would warranty it.
Not being satisfied I put the scope up for sale the next morning. Took a big loss on the scope, not to mention the $700+ in ammo I used to site in the two different scopes from them Both of which had failures.

My question is have you fixed this issue with the erector rings on your HSLR model, is this issue a common issue with FFP scopes, if it is what is being done to build customer (my) confidence back that your product will not fail after light use.

I honestly was so excited when I bought that scope. It had everything I wanted in a scope. Multiple ways to range find, consistent measurements, accuracy and decent price point.
Although I vowed to never own a Vortex scope again. If you can assure me that the issues have been rectified I might be swayed to look into buying one again.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:09 PM

While I didn't personally use or have to use the warranty, but my dad and Cousin both have, both times traded their scopes in for the same model and continue to have the same problem. finally sold both their scopes.
What I've personally found, the regular diamondbacks are a great replacement for the standard scopes that come on rifles. as for the higher class scopes (HSLP, Viper etc) we've found that they are junk. better to spend the money right the first time, get a scope that you can trust not something that may need to use the "amazing warranty"
Spend the same amount and get a something like a Leupold, also has lifetime warranty, never have issues, and if you do have any issues there is a local dealer/repair place, (Korth group in Okotoks) will fix free of charge, and if the scope is done you will get the same if not better scope. return shipping paid and everything.

I know this is the vendor posting it so Im going to expect some heavy product pushing, and no offence but Ive lost my trust in Vortex. I have 2 dimondbacks on 2 of my rifles, they arent bad, but the clarity just isnt there for me.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
Reg I been struggling between purchasing, a leupold, or Vortex for my .270
You have made up my mind, I'm gonna go with a nice Vortex. Wondering if maybe you have any suggestions. Bare in mind I'm a target shooter, and currently working on perfecting my 400+ shot, and also wish to keep my groupings at 200. I'm working my way up!!! I would really value your opinion.
Thank you!!!
Send me an email and I will help you make a choice.
reg@vortexcanada.net
Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post

I bought a HSLR 4-16x50 FFP scope a couple of years ago. Mounted it on a Tikka Lite 30-06. sighted the scope in at the range. Was very happy. put a couple hundred rds through the rifle. Verifying the scope and turrets getting confident with the scope out to 600 meters.

Put the scope away in my safe. A month or so later go back to the range to verify zero before hunting. It was not zeroed, was shooting off a few inches. Thought maybe I adjusted the turrets. Got it back on zero or so I thought. Held Zero until I either adjusted the magnification or changed my turret setting. It would be way off, but consistent.

Went back to a local dealer and chatted with him about the issue. Replaced my rings, loosened cleaned up and re tightened stock screws, site mount, cleaned the rifle, then went back to the range shot the rifle and scope. again would not hold zero after adjusting.

Went back to the dealer, they noticed the reticle was swinging back and forth when adjusting the magnification They exchanged the scope over the counter.

Went back to the range sited in the new scope, never thought another thing about it.
Went hunting missed a shot at 200 meters, went back to the range rifle was shooting low and to the right. Did some verification would not hold a zero. Would shoot consistent until any adjustment was made then it would change MPI significantly and hold that zero until an adjustment was done again.

Finally after eliminating all other avenues with the rifle, mounts and ammo I sent the scope back to Vortex. They fixed it no problem. The erector ring was loose, causing a shift of the cross hairs.

As soon as I got the scope back I phoned Vortex and asked if the problem is fixed or if it would happen again. I was told if it happened again send it back and they would warranty it.
Not being satisfied I put the scope up for sale the next morning. Took a big loss on the scope, not to mention the $700+ in ammo I used to site in the two different scopes from them Both of which had failures.

My question is have you fixed this issue with the erector rings on your HSLR model, is this issue a common issue with FFP scopes, if it is what is being done to build customer (my) confidence back that your product will not fail after light use.

I honestly was so excited when I bought that scope. It had everything I wanted in a scope. Multiple ways to range find, consistent measurements, accuracy and decent price point.
Although I vowed to never own a Vortex scope again. If you can assure me that the issues have been rectified I might be swayed to look into buying one again.
Like any mechanical device there is always a possiblity that something may fail. We are constantly making improvements and are on the cutting edge of optics manufacturing. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with one our products. But, our goal is to keep the customer in the field,on the range or on combat operations and be effective. And to do that you must strive to be the best. In my eyes we are the best. In this industry, you have many options in optic manufacturing to choose from. And with that being said there is a reason for Vortex Optics being one of the best of the best out there. The company never forgets who pays their salary, you the shooter. And the people at vortex are shooters. They use the product they sell and make. I am not going to write a novel here on why you should be a vortex customer.
You can ask the millions of vortex owners out there, and they will tell you.
I am just going to say that no other company has their finger on the pulse of what a shooter needs to succeed in the shooting sport than VORTEX optics.
We are making some amazing products and next year is going to change the optics game. And if your not on board, it wont take you long to figure out that you are missing out!
Actions speak louder than words, and I am a big believer that bullet holes in the target don't lie.
What ever scope you have on your rifle, I wish you the best with it.
Thanks
Reg
Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Vortex

Quote:

Went back to a local dealer and chatted with him about the issue. Replaced

my rings, loosened cleaned up and re tightened stock screws, site mount, cleaned the rifle, then went back to the range shot the rifle and scope. again would not hold zero after adjusting.

You may have just gotten one that had some issues from the start.
The tolerances in our scopes are extremely close, but at the same time they can take the punishment handed out. We are always making improvements to our products. You said it the best,"you were so excited to get the scope.
We have some exciting things happening next year. Just check it out, and see what you think. Wont cost you anything to do some research.

Thanks
reg
Old 12-08-2015, 09:43 PM

Reg, what is your position at vortex ?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Is a very generous and unquestioning warranty policy a strategy intended to compensate for reduced quality control?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vor Techs View Post
You may have just gotten one that had some issues from the start.
The tolerances in our scopes are extremely close, but at the same time they can take the punishment handed out. We are always making improvements to our products. You said it the best,"you were so excited to get the scope.
We have some exciting things happening next year. Just check it out, and see what you think. Wont cost you anything to do some research.

Thanks
reg

Like I said I had two different scopes of the same model. Both scopes failed. As you have millions of other customers who are satisfied and you yourself like to put bullets on target. What issues were there that could have lead to two rifle scopes failing. Was it a production error, a qc issue, or wrong application of the product.

Right now the most important thing to me is trust in my gear. I need to know that I can rely on my gear to work every day. It needs to be consistent and it needs to be worth the cost. Missing a shot on a once in a lifetime hunt would be very bad if it was due to scope failure.

I can research all I want on your product, it still won't convince me to buy another scope unless I know why two scopes failed on me with lite use.
I spent $1000 on that scope and was happy up untill it failed, not once but twice.
Warrenty is awesome but should never be needed, let alone twice.unless something gets answered about the issues I cannot afford to spend money on a Vortex. I know for sure if I buy another Vortex and it fails me again. My hunting partners would never let me live it down.

Cheers.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I have read a few past threads in the outdoorsman forum in regards to Vortex products. I have only found a couple in which the owners had an issue with the product. But, the real issue is that they did not take advantage of our warranty, and instead complained that there was an issue and did nothing about it.

Vortex is very proud of the products we put out for our customers. I want everyone here to know that although we try to make the highest quality of optics possible,if you do have a piece of vortex equipment and it is not functioning properly, please send it to us and we will be happy to look at it for you. Most times we can repair the item here in Canada or it might be needed to go to the USA for a major repair. We look at each case individually, and if it is needed and in the customers best interest we will replace it. The only cost to you the customer is to ship the item to us. We look after return shipping it back to you.
It is very important to know that we are here to help you and to ensure you the customer are happy with your purchase. However, if you do not speak up and let us know if there is a problem, we wont be able to help you. So, if you do have an issue let us know and we will make it right. We want to keep you effective while your in the field.

Thank You
Reg
With all due respect Reg, the real issue is catastrophic failure of a product in the field. Warranty is great but it doesn't make you feel better if you have just gut shot an animal because your scope wouldn't hold zero. A buck of a lifetime is just that, you will never have the opportunity again and there is no amount of compensation that is going to change that or reduce the suffering of the animal.

You folks have done a very good job on advertising, convincing me to try the product. I could have written the story above about the two scopes not holding zero as my experience was identical, all be it with a different model.

I am also curious about the "in the customer's best interest" statement above in regards to product replacement. When would it not be in the customer's best interest to receive a new product over a refurbished product with a history of failure? I was under the impression that Vortex offered over the counter replacement from their dealers. In fact I received this service. Has the warranty policy changed over the last few years?

On a positive note, I was impressed with the glass considering price point. I would consider purchasing Vortex binoculars in the future.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:51 AM

I need to go out with my rifle and check zero at multiple magnifications to see if it stays zeroed. I have a vortex on my coyote rifle. THink I better check that out.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 AM

Obviously a good warranty is desirable, but once a customer has experienced multiple failures of a product , simply repairing or replacing the product is not going to restore the customer's confidence in that product. I myself would never risk the outcome of a hunt, on a product that I don't have confidence in, so I would do exactly what ctd has done under the circumstance that he found himself in.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:36 AM

I have an illuminated scope from vortex 4-16 zoom, ffp, it's awesome it took a beating this hunting season and never once wasn't perfect zero. I have good faith in the scope after one year of use. I haven't had to use the warranty so I can't comment on that but quality of my scope is good. maybe you guys who are complaining about quality send it in get a new one, things could break doesn't matter what scope you have. I'm gonna be buying a 4-12 vortex this winter for my .243. I have also shot my ffp scope on all zooms and it's perfect throughout its range.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Obviously a good warranty is desirable, but once a customer has experienced multiple failures of a product , simply repairing or replacing the product is not going to restore the customer's confidence in that product. I myself would never risk the outcome of a hunt, on a product that I don't have confidence in, so I would do exactly what ctd has done under the circumstance that he found himself in.
Your assumption is that Vortex replaced the scope on their being a manufacturing issue causing the failure. Sometimes companies replace things out of goodwill. I am not saying this is the cause but due to the high volume of good Vortex product I have seen, when there are two very similar failures, the scope is not the only common factor in the issue. From what I have been told at WSS one time was that you can run a Vortex over with your truck and as long as you return 51% of the product its covered. So if someone basically used it as a hammer and got it warrantied, its almost like Vortex is accepting guilt for the product. This may be one of those cases were no good deed goes unpunished.

Here is a excerpt from their warranty.
Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
•Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
•Fully transferable
•No warranty card to fill out
•No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Your assumption is that Vortex replaced the scope on their being a manufacturing issue causing the failure. Sometimes companies replace things out of goodwill. I am not saying this is the cause but due to the high volume of good Vortex product I have seen, when there are two very similar failures, the scope is not the only common factor in the issue. From what I have been told at WSS one time was that you can run a Vortex over with your truck and as long as you return 51% of the product its covered. So if someone basically used it as a hammer and got it warrantied, its almost like Vortex is accepting guilt for the product. This may be one of those cases were no good deed goes unpunished.

Here is a excerpt from their warranty.
Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
•Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
•Fully transferable
•No warranty card to fill out
•No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
I am not making any assumptions, I am just stating that once a person has lost confidence in a product, it doesn't matter whether the company repairs or replaces that product, the owner will likely never have confidence in that product again.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:57 AM

I have a few Vortex scopes on my varmint rifles that get used the most, Leupolds on my big game rifles and a vortex on my long range.

The 2-7x35 diamond back I have on my semi auto .22 597 HB, I smack gophers at 100 yards all day with it on 4 power.

When I had my HMR it sported a diamond back 4-12x40 on it and it clovered every time I took it out. That scope is now on my coyote rig. See how it shoots today.

Unfortunately my vortex hmr-1 4-16x44 has an issue and I haven't even shot the rifle with it on, I'm mailing it in and not losing hope. It is bad timing but I'm to busy to shoot it anyways

Vortex is a good company with great products. I've not been let down once.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am not making any assumptions, I am just stating that once a person has lost confidence in a product, it doesn't matter whether the company repairs or replaces that product, the owner will likely never have confidence in that product again.
Fair enough, its just unfortunate that products reputation become eroded by misconceptions. An example of this is people who dislike a certain rifle for misfires due to light primer strikes but have never stripped the bolt, not cleaning a 700 trigger group and having a "Remington Event". Thats my point. I know of WAY more Leupolds that have gone back for warranty work, that being said, I know of way more people using them.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
We are making some amazing products and next year is going to change the optics game. And if your not on board, it wont take you long to figure out that you are missing out!

By all means, indulge us...

Please?
Old 12-09-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Fair enough, its just unfortunate that products reputation become eroded by misconceptions. An example of this is people who dislike a certain rifle for misfires due to light primer strikes but have never stripped the bolt, not cleaning a 700 trigger group and having a "Remington Event". Thats my point. I know of WAY more Leupolds that have gone back for warranty work, that being said, I know of way more people using them.
Of course it's easier to blame a product, rather than admit that the cause was human error, and it does happen a great deal, whether we are talking scopes, rifles , or bullets. Then again, products do fail, or are shipped out with defects, my two Leupold VX11 scopes that took both hands, and a great deal of effort to turn the magnification ring, are just one example.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:05 AM

All companies are in business to make money. Warranties are important as a selling tool especially when a new company is trying to establish itself or a new product line is introduced. It is also used when a company is trying to counteract negative press from faulty product.

People should realize that a warranty is an insurance policy and in no way indicates the quality of the product. The cost and likelihood of repair and/or replacement are carefully calculated and included in the cost of the product you purchased.

For example; the most unreliable drivetrain ever attached to a vehicle also came with a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Those in the transmission industry know the product or you can Google it for yourself. A bean counter realized a loss of sales because of an unusually high amount of transmission failures and bad press. A calculation was made as to the costs of repair and this cost was included in the price of the vehicle. The transmission remained the same for many years after.

Sears/Craftsman shifted their tool making operation from top quality made in the USA to POS Chinese junk that could be bought at any dollar store for 1/4 the price. The lifetime warranty remains and for the price one pays for the tools, the company could replace it many times and still garner a profit.

On the other extreme, Snap on tools are very high priced and virtually indestructible under normal use. They calculated that very few products would be returned when they spent more on the manufacturing process.

Suggesting that a company replaces a product out of the goodness of their hearts is ridiculous. They replace product as part of a sales and marketing strategy. Suggesting that someone buys products to deliberately destroy them is every bit as ridiculous. We all want products to work as advertised although some handling of product might be considered excessive or even abusive to many.

Top end fly rods are guaranteed for life. The rod companies are not accepting blame for a rod smashed in a car door. They are insuring their product so that one might be more apt to purchase their product. They have calculated approximately how many with be repaired and replaced and passed along the price to the consumer in the initial sale price.

One must realize that quality costs money. What should one expect from a $100, $200, $1000 or even a several thousand dollar rifle scope and when does that cost prohibit the average Joe from purchasing. Who do you think sells more scopes; Bushnell or Nightforce?

For the record, I was much more disappointed in the Swarovski scope I purchased than the Vortex. Both were equally faulty and both made good on their warranty. I will not be purchasing either product again, any time soon.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Suggesting that a company replaces a product out of the goodness of their hearts is ridiculous.

My company does out of good faith as in the long run we can see the benefits of good relations.

Suggesting that someone buys products to deliberately destroy them is every bit as ridiculous.

Seen er done! Dont condone it but it happens.

For the record, I was much more disappointed in the Swarovski scope I purchased than the Vortex. Both were equally faulty and both made good on their warranty. I will not be purchasing either product again, any time soon.

Your sample set of a product is 1....hardly credible evidence.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Your soap box is cracking . I think I just heard you fall off..
Old 12-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Suggesting that a company replaces a product out of the goodness of their hearts is ridiculous.

My company does out of good faith as in the long run we can see the benefits of good relations.

With the emphasis being the "good relations". This is what I just said. Your company does it AS LONG AS IT SEES A BENEFIT.

Suggesting that someone buys products to deliberately destroy them is every bit as ridiculous.

Seen er done! Dont condone it but it happens.

Why???? Is there a profit to be made? I can't see anyone destroying a product they enjoy. Maybe your product sucks and they need to break it to get warranty????

Your sample set of a product is 1....hardly credible evidence.

That's the part you are missing. The jury is in and I have seen enough thanks.
I am glad you are enjoying what you have and please believe me when I tell you that I really tried to like the Vortex scope I purchased. It just wasn't of acceptable quality right out of the box. I found it a good looking scope and the glass was more than acceptable. It would not hold zero, nor would the replacement I received. I can't apologise for not liking that.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Thank You
Reg
I give you full credit for being willing to enter the lions den and face the end users of your products in public. That said, I too own Vortex product. I too have had to use the warranty to fix product defects on each scope. Not one of the scopes I bought didn't require fixing. While the warranty service was very good I no longer have Vortex on anything I need to rely on 100%. Of the people I know that own or have owned Vortex scopes and binnocualrs I do not know one that has not had to use the warranty.

I have other scopes with Lifetime no quibble warranties, specifically Leupold and Nightforce. I have never had to send anything back to them that I didn't break myself through accidental damage, drop from up high, horse roll over etc. I in fact had one that got hit so hard it bent the tube and cracked the glass in the objective. The scope continued to hold zero after being reset and I got my animal later in the week, then sent the scope back. Some of the scopes we have are over 40 years old. Of all my associates I only know one who had to return a Leupold scope for a manufacturer defect that caused it to be unusable. I don't know anyone who had to return a Nightforce but then there are a lot less of them out there.

I believe you need to focus less on the Warranty and advertising and FAR MORE on building a robust scope that works and will stand up to 40 years in the field.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:20 PM

'Lifetime' warranties are for the 'lifetime' of the company or product.

Fred Huntington established RCBS as the industry leader in no small part because of the great RCBS service and guaranty. The new owners (ATK) have bean-counters, and the old tribal culture of RCBS is aging and retiring. I have received great service from RCBS in the past, but when my 5-0-5 scale broke, I was told it was discontinued, parts were not available, and 'sorry' but no help available. Don't waste your time trying for Lyman (or Proto Tools) warranty or service.

New companies fight for every sale, but established reputations will continue to sell product long after quality and service are abandoned. There is lots of profit in monetizing reputation until it is gone.

Life is a gamble, and insurance companies seldom (if ever) lose.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
snip
I believe you need to focus less on the Warranty and advertising and FAR MORE on building a robust scope that works and will stand up to 40 years in the field.
Products that last 40 years are bad for new sales.

I have great glass and average glass, I will never buy average glass again, and am in the market for more great glass and suspect there is an S&B in my future. I really like my NF but the US$ makes the S&B a similar price, and I can find few NF dealers with stock or who intend to reorder.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Like I said I had two different scopes of the same model. Both scopes failed. As you have millions of other customers who are satisfied and you yourself like to put bullets on target. What issues were there that could have lead to two rifle scopes failing. Was it a production error, a qc issue, or wrong application of the product.

Right now the most important thing to me is trust in my gear. I need to know that I can rely on my gear to work every day. It needs to be consistent and it needs to be worth the cost. Missing a shot on a once in a lifetime hunt would be very bad if it was due to scope failure.

I can research all I want on your product, it still won't convince me to buy another scope unless I know why two scopes failed on me with lite use.
I spent $1000 on that scope and was happy up untill it failed, not once but twice.
Warrenty is awesome but should never be needed, let alone twice.unless something gets answered about the issues I cannot afford to spend money on a Vortex. I know for sure if I buy another Vortex and it fails me again. My hunting partners would never let me live it down.

Cheers.
AMAN that is where i stand also.