Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
BrownBear416

Default Kevin Lowe..

I heard that Kevin Lowe went to a movie this afternoon with Dwayne Roloson.

Halfway through the movie,Roloson said he was hungry and going to get some popcorn and nachos.

Lowe said he had to go to the washroom and said he would pick up the snacks..so off he went.

After going to the washroom he bought an extra large order of nachos and a super tub of popcorn.

On his way back in to the theater he bumped into Daryl Sutter who said...

Wow kevin you must be pretty hungry to get an extra large order of nachos and a super tub of popcorn.

Lowe immediately said no you dont understand i got this for Dwayne Roloson...

To which Sutter replied...Awesome ...that is way more then you got for Ryan Smyth.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Kevin Lowe..

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Oh boy.. Guys from Edmonton slamming Calgary for people leaving... Thats a good one boys.
Do we really need to bring up what happened last summer???
In fact I think him leaving directly influenced your lack of a hockey team this year.
But best of luck in the Draft. I am sure you will be picking very VERY close to #1.

Jamie
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
BrownBear416

Default HEHE

Good game by the Coiler's tonight.:eek

This team is going to take many years to rebuild,they dont even look like an nhl team anymore.:rolleyes
Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
perchfisher90

Default meh

I'd love to see calgary play with 9 of their guys injured all at once, their heart and soul ripped away, and having no defence.

Crappy that colorado beat the sabres tonight..how dare them. Go Sabres!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:47 AM
BrownBear416

Default Perch...

You want some cheese with that wine.:lol :lol :lol :lol
Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Perch...

Quote:
Oh boy.. Guys from Edmonton slamming Calgary for people leaving... Thats a good one boys.
Get used to it Jamie no way you guys will be able to afford to keep your team together beyond next year. It's now or never for you guys and I don't think your nearly good enough to make it past round 1 or 2. Sorry but it's true. Remember Sutter said of Lowe that, "there isn't that many GM's that could make a tough move like that ( moving Smyth) Lowe could and so could I" .....Karma is a B&^% watch it come back on this City
Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Perch...

Kanon.
I wasn’t referring to what just happened. I was referring to what happened last summer. When a certain HIGH profile player literally ran out of town.
I also think we will have a very tough time keeping our team together. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Also that deal should have come together. Blame all involved for the screw up.

And what is this "Karma" thing. As I recall most people were sympathetic to the fact you lost Smyth. Not sympathetic to the fact you haven’t won since he left.. That’s just funny.
(I think they haven’t won.. Not sure though.. Edmonton just doesn’t exist anymore in my mind. Make sure the last fan out of wreakedall place turns off the lights)

Jamie

BTW. If you want to REALLY see a waste of time and good band width check out this page

www.edmontonoilers.com/ti...eam=oilers

:rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Re: Perch

Default Re: Perch

Wow! Lamers really took one on the chin tonight!:\ :eek
Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
slipbobber

Default Re: Perch

Who was the chicken ***** who turtled when Tootoo gave him what 4.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
BrownBear416

Default grrr

I think we could have won that game if we had not spent half of it short handed.

Kippy never had his best game that is for sure.>:

I think hammer needs a game in the pressbox to refocus.

Slipbobber.....where you watching the same fight i was:lol :lol tootoo had better thank his lucky stars that he took RR to ice or he would have been eating hospital food for the weekend.RR landed some serious haymaker's.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: grrr

First off Jamie he wasn't "run out of town" he wanted a trade due to his wife wanting out of town ( rumour has it they're done ) so I doubt a Canadian kid wouldn't want to play in Canada. As for sympathy why is it we heard every lame aas dj/sports reporter use the same "sure is cold here in Calgary, not as cold as Edmonton heard it was -94" ahah ha ha. Yup sympathy,....

A lovely performance by your team tonite, what happens if we BOTH miss the playoffs?????
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 AM
slipbobber

Ya I was watching the same fight BB416. Why did the big tough RR hit the deck so fast? I'll tell you why. If little Tootoo would of given him a lesson on fighting the big tough RR would never live it down so he thought he better hit the deck before that happened.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Jamie Hunt

Boy Calgary should use that game as a measuring stick. They have a bunch of improving to do. The road to Stanley goes right through Nashville.

I wish I would have seen that scrap. Somehow I doubt RR "TURTLED"

Jamie
Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Baulde

Tootoo was getting his ass handed to him. RR Just fell backwards and the ref's would not let him get up to finish the job.

And Pronger was not "run out of town" he "ran like hell out of town" Just happens that nobody was chasing him

Game would have been 3-4 if not for those 5 on 3's I don't think it was a bad game other then the fact that they lost. They were putting Lots of shots on net they just got a little carried away on the penalties.
Hammer was not the same after the nash player Tripped HIM and then he fell on the nash player and HE got the penalty.....

Lots of chances, they played hard. Hammer was way off his game. And just have to stay out of the box.

4 points out of 6 on the road. Def better.

Oh and kannon, if neither team makes the playoffs it was stated the team with lower points loses. That possibility was stated explicitly.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:48 AM
kanonfodder

Are you sure pretty sure the bet was whoever went farther in the playoffs.......
Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Baulde

p202.ezboard.com/falbertaoutdoorsmengeneraldiscussion.showMessageRa nge?topicID=3801.topic&start=499&stop=499

Original post with the terms.

Quote:
Well, what are the terms of the bet ?
I propose....
Whichever team is out first or lower points (if neither make playoffs), has to put an opposing teams banner as chosen by the winning side for their signature?
And it has to remain there until the drop of the puck in next seasons first battle of Alberta(and not a second earlier) ?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
kanonfodder

I stand corrected ( actually I am sitting ) , your terms are correct Baulde......
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Jamie Hunt

Quote:
When a certain HIGH profile player literally ran out of town
I know you guys didnt run him out of town. You never had the chance. Did he even come back on the plane after you guys lost game 7?

Calgary will make Playoffs.
Edmonton will not.

You girls figgured out what banner you want? I still think they should have to use the one I made up.
Its going to be VERY sweat to see all the Flames fans around these parts all SUMMER long.

Jamie
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
BrownBear416

The Coilers are 15 points out of a playoff spot so they should be mathematically out of it soon..:eek

The C of red.....yaaaa babyyyyyyyyyyy is coming soon.:eek
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
brownbomber

Default flames game

my comments on tonight. flames proved they have a lot of improving to do to win against high level competition on the road. kipper wasn't great but he can't win the game every night. regher and tootoo looked okay, a hockey fight is not like a street fight, just because you are on top at the end does not mean you won. tootoo gets the takedown which means little but regher throwing wild punches doesn't prove he would have won, against a taller guy he would have been counterpunched and bearcat would have had to come out of retirement to revive him, but fact is tootoo is short and it wasn't in the cards for him. as for regher kicking his butt in different circumstances i don't think so, youtube up some tootoo fights and you'll see him get punched repeatedly but rarely hurt kinda like how domi used to be. you can get hit 20 times and if don't hurt you and you only connect 2 times and it hurts him guess who wins. agree oilers are done, hope they can get somebody signed in the offseason or it will be off with lowes head. flames will be in the same boat soon with iginla and kiprussoff needing 8 mill or so each and gagne making 5 and phaneuf probably in the range of 4ish. don't care how much of a genius sutter is they are losing somebody, unless they want to keep the stars and keep the rest of the roster full of plumbeers, it's a fact of the modern nhl, players are gonna move lots. no matter how much the superfan jersey wearing guys don't like, you'll be buying new jerseys every couple of years as the players rotate in and out of clubs. the flames might make some noise in the playoffs but to go anywhere have to be able to beat quality opposition on the road and kipper has to play better than he did last year against the ducks, i couldn't believe how many goals he let in high blocker side...maybe a unreported shoulder injury or something.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Morbius131

Default Re: flames game

Hey guys I just thought I would let you know I might not be on the board as much in the next couple days because apparently between the Oilers injuries and Now the Flu I have been called up to play. YES!!! I am in, I think I might play defence in the first, wing in the second and Goalie in the third. Can't wait.:rollin

These injuries and "flu" are rediculous. They were saying there could be as few as 4 regulars in the line up this game. THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Morb
Old 03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
brndawg

Default Re: flames game

kipper did not get much support but i would have like to see him stop arnott at least on one of the 2 breakaways.

giordano use poor judgement in taking his roughing penalty. put amonte at risk with a bad pass and presumably felt like he need to defend him. but it was a clean check on amonte and he was fine. although i like how he came to amonte's defence there was no reason to take that penalty when you are behind in the game.

regher's phantom hooking penalty was just that phantom.

hamrlik played awful the entire game. was the direct cause of 2 goals. he will not be resigned by the flames. maybe the oilers will sign him?

bad luck on stuart's delay of the game. and yelle's stoopid turnover was uncharacteristic.

nashville capitalized on every good opportunity which is not surprising considering their record. they are a good team.

calgary looked very good in period one and was stoned by mason a couple of times. 5 on 5 they held their ground.

imagine if they had won 2/3's of their road games this year?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:56 PM
BrownBear416

Default GRRRR....

Sounds of the game...

Give away...give away...give away..great save kippy....give away ...give away...give away..great save kippy....give away...give away....give away...penalty...penalty....another dissapointing loss.:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Oh i forgot to mention this.....

Missed the net....missed the net....missed the net....missed the net.....missed the net....>: >:

Hammerlik has to be accountable..

On a happier note did you hear what the announcers tonight called the Coiler's...Northern Alberta's AHL team..:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 03-11-2007, 01:11 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: GRRRR....

Have you seen our injured roster?

Stoll- concussion and on IR
Moreau- shoulder and on IR
Reasoner- shoulder doubtful for the next game
Staios- Knee and doubtful
Gilbert- concussion and doubtful
Roy- concussion and doubtful
Tjarnqvist- inflamed pubic bone and on the IR
Hejda- dislocated shoulder and doubtful
Hemsky- shoulder and is doubtful
Nedved- Knee and on IR

were a walking MASH unit here. I am not surprised by the Flamer reponse here though, you have so little joy in your team you have to build up your sense of worth by demeaning those you have always been envious of.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 AM
BrownBear416

Lucky all those injury's came along so at least you greaser's have an excuse to blame your pathetic season on.:lol

Jamie...i agree with you as i am also a little worried.Just can not put my finger on what we are missing besides D Sutter.

Kanon is so angry i think he should get to have a real colorful banner so that it will brighten his day.:rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 03-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Jamie Hunt

Stupid penalty in OT. I didnt mind the hooking call on the semi break away, but the high stick to make it a 3-5 was dumb.
Not so sure about this team. At this point they dont have a chance at the cup. I have been thinking lately they could get a run at the Semi finals. But after seeing this I kind of wonder if the can get out of the first round.
Any thoughts from fans who's team is going to make the playoffs?? LOLOLOLOL
Serriously we will need to play Van in the first round in order to advance. I cant see us beating to many teams other than them.

It could be a grind between here and the playoffs
Jamie
Old 03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
brndawg

2 games in a row that hamrlik cost the flames!!! i don't know why playfair doesn't sit him out.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Baulde

Strange things are happening, Hammer is costing us games, and Zyuzin gets two assists. Zyuzin is actually doing something and now hammer takes his place ???? But Stuart is impressive, no complaints about him.

They have a month to figure out what they are doing. They should be fine though.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
kanonfodder

WOOOO only outscored by 2 tonite, we are on our way. And I AM NOT ANGRY >: >: you guys should worry less about my team and more about yours......Avs aren't so far back they can't catch you...you play them what 3 more times? if they get to within 5 pts your going to have a lots of sleepless nites.
Enjoy ............
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Jamie Hunt

Kannon.. You guys lost 3-0. (Sorry to burst your bubble):b :b

True about the Colarado thing. We arent totaly clear of the pack yet. In fact we need Edmonton to start winning now.

Jamie