Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2022, 10:16 AM

Default Crazy Price Increase!

So back in May 2022, I bought a slow speed Bucktool Bench Grinder on Amazon for the regular price of $147.07. Turned out to be a great unit!

So another grinder I use went fubar on me past couple days ago. So because the above noted works great, thought I would order another one.

That thing is now $314.93 on Amazon!!!...absolutely crazy!...

Vent over...
Old 12-28-2022, 10:31 AM

Was it from the same vendor? One thing I noticed about Amazon is prices are all over the place for the same product and I was wondering why and noticed there are different vendors. Might not be the case in your situation just my observation from buying stuff off there.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Was it from the same vendor? One thing I noticed about Amazon is prices are all over the place for the same product and I was wondering why and noticed there are different vendors. Might not be the case in your situation just my observation from buying stuff off there.
This here... the amazon marketplace can have crazy price swings. This looks like a product that Amazon has never sold directly, the only current vendor is out of the states, so that price will have all sorts of 'contingency' baked into it.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-28-2022, 01:39 PM

camelcamelcamel, see the price history and set a price notification.
Great for all things Amazon.
Old 12-28-2022, 01:54 PM

If you don’t need it right away put it into your wish list check the price once in a while when it’s a low buy
Old 12-28-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
camelcamelcamel, see the price history and set a price notification.
Great for all things Amazon.
keepa is the price tracker I use.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:27 PM

Amazon isn't always the cheapest price. Sometimes you can find cheaper products locally. I prefer it when I can source locally as well.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
So back in May 2022, I bought a slow speed Bucktool Bench Grinder on Amazon for the regular price of $147.07. Turned out to be a great unit!

So another grinder I use went fubar on me past couple days ago. So because the above noted works great, thought I would order another one.

Vent over...

Remember when use to be used when talking about 20 years ago etc now it’s like just last year

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-29-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Vent over...
Check the MSRP from the manufacturers website.

Recently I went to buy something off Amazon. One seller had a much cheaper price then another and one was crazy high.

I then looked locally and ran out and bought it as it was cheaper than all the rest.

Now that I look locally again… I realize that Amazon can be very expensive. You are paying to have it shipped to your house and usually they know you aren’t price shopping… but impulse buying assuming Amazon is always cheap.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-29-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Check the MSRP from the manufacturers website.

Recently I went to buy something off Amazon. One seller had a much cheaper price then another and one was crazy high.

I then looked locally and ran out and bought it as it was cheaper than all the rest.

Now that I look locally again… I realize that Amazon can be very expensive. You are paying to have it shipped to your house and usually they know you aren’t price shopping… but impulse buying assuming Amazon is always cheap.
Hehe...

https://bucktool.com/products/buckto...inder-tds-150s
Old 12-29-2022, 09:35 AM

Default Consider used

Quote:
Yep, always check pricing...I picked up an OEM Baldor 3/4 HP unit in decent shape a couple years ago at an estate sale for about the same as that MSRP. Older but built like a tank, and came w/drill bit sharpener jig, extra polishing disc/wire wheel and task light. It will likely outlast me, and I'm not even that old lol.

I realize this doesn't help if you need it "right now", something to consider tho.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:55 AM

Bought a Quick Time bellhousing for the BOSS car , paid $500.00 (ish) for it.

Called Mopac for another one & the price has jumped to ove $1100.00 !