Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 06:37 PM
Banned

Thumbs up O’Toole Pledges to Repeal Trudeau’s Attacks Against Gun Owners as PM

O’Toole Pledges to Repeal Trudeau’s Attacks Against Gun Owners as PM

“An O’Toole government will repeal C-71, C-21 and the May 2020 Order in Council,” O’Toole said in the Facebook video. “I will review existing firearms legislation to ensure it focuses on dealing with criminals rather than making life more difficult for law-abiding firearms owners.”

“The extent to which the Trudeau Liberals are willing to go to divide Canadians is disappointing and dangerous.”

https://thegunblog.ca/2021/02/23/oto...-owners-as-pm/
Old 02-23-2021, 06:43 PM

As usual......

Otoole needs to get out more. Most Canadians dont even know who he is
Old 02-23-2021, 07:34 PM

Power to him if he wants to do some good. I'm just disheartened how fast most people have let this go.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:37 PM
Banned

He has to do something to please the torontonians. He’s not going to lose any votes, unless it’s to the Mavericks.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:52 PM

Good to know his stance but why did it take him so long to speak up about this while law abiding firearms owners were getting bbq’d??
Old 02-23-2021, 10:23 PM

That is what I have always thought, why is the Tool not been dragging the Turd through the mud since day one. I hate when the Cons call me ever week asking for money and we never see anything positive that they are contemplating. Ri g up all the scandals that have gone on and make it MSM. I will open my cheque book. I want someone who will go on the attack!
It is frustrating.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
As usual......

Otoole needs to get out more. Most Canadians dont even know who he is
I see he, Otoole and the conservatives are running adds (during the Scotty's play at least thats where I see them) introducing him to Canadians. It's a start, I guess.

He needs to get out in front of the next election and get more acquainted with
Canadians.

BW
Old 02-25-2021, 06:30 PM

Good article!
Old 02-25-2021, 06:45 PM

Good article but absolutely has nothing to do with Canada as we have no rights to firearms.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Here is a question for you. Alberta didn't elect a single Liberal last election, almost a clean sweep for Cons across the prairies. And the liberals formed the government. What do you think is going to change if we all vote for a Conservative Party again?

Regardless of whether you believe O'tool is conservative or not (I don't) what makes you think Cons can ever form a government in this country based on our votes? We. Don't. Elect. The. Government.

It's by design.

So of course people are truly sick of their vote not counting, and want to separate. I understand that way more then the delusion that the CPC is actually a conservative party anymore and could ever form the government and fix things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Yes I do. Vote Liberal, JT gets back in and Alberta separates.....
Or vote for the people’s party of Canada, split the vote, JT gets in and Alberta separates.
Or stay home, watch the east vote Liberal and Alberta separates.

How am I doing? 😬 take this with a grain of salt please.
These things! It really makes no difference what party forms the government, the east controls the country and without support from the east no party will govern for long. There needs to be a major change in the way the country is governed. How can we expect a society Deb from Vancouver or Toronto to even begin to comprehend what life is like for a cowgirl from Longview? Each province needs to have more control over it's own destiny. Dare I say, something along the lines of the U.S.? This will never happen because of the way the turd's old man designed the constitution. Leaves very few options for those unfortunate souls in western Canada! Like Twisted said, there wasn't a single LIEberal elected in Alberta. The turd knows we hate him, but it really is irrelevant, because the election has been decided at the Ontario Manitoba border!

Duhoooo canada!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:34 AM

The west will never be able to separate by voting for a separating party in a federal election. To try to do so is foolish. It must be done by having a provincial party elected with that mandate.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:51 AM

People can complain all they want about the parties and leaders, but we know that Trudeau or Singh will take our firearms as soon as they can, so if Otoole delays this process, he is the best option that firearms owners have right now. So do you want to hand over your firearms now, or at least keep them long enough for the parties or leaders to change?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
The west will never be able to separate by voting for a separating party in a federal election. To try to do so is foolish. It must be done by having a provincial party elected with that mandate.
Can you please tell me what federal party is the separatist party?
Old 03-06-2021, 11:38 PM

The CPC at this point can not realistically be considered anything other than controlled opposition. If you vote Liberal you get the obviously left wing agenda. If you vote CPC you get their version of an overtly left wing agenda.

It's a lose/lose proposition so you might as well vote for a party that actually has the ideals that you value most and lead the change instead of clinging onto a pipe dream that the red Tories will do a 180 and become a born again right wing party as soon as they get into office.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:58 PM

This thread has a nice title but the reality is ,it’s just another partisan political thread that goes around in circles and accomplishes nothing. That is what the political super thread is for.