Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Sooner or later the ninja types show up in any thread that discusses violence! It was only a matter of time before we got the knife experts and baton twirlers. (no offence to guys who play with knives or rattan) We have had a host of Monday morning quarterbacks, guess you lads should give it a go too.

A friend of my son was invited to this shindig, the lad was kind of worn out and decided to just take his girlfriend for a tour of K Country and Banff on his way home to B.C. He skip the party and just went home to his family. I'm glad he did!

Disappointing to see young lives end abruptly.

I think the police officer and the soldier have made some pretty valid statements on this thread. Most responding on the thread have probably never experienced unexpected life threatening violence. It triggers some rather unusual hormonal responses. Lots of people go into denial, it's not really happening, some just become deer in the head lights. Most people that get stabbed never see the weapon. Initially they don't even realize they sprung a leak.

What did I learn from this incident....nothing...but it does tend to confirm that consuming debilitating substances in places were people go off might be a poor decision. Better to be at the top of your game if your hanging with the altered mind.

If you like to get out of your gourd with strangers you just might end as the next statistic.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
Sooner or later the ninja types show up in any thread that discusses violence! It was only a matter of time before we got the knife experts and baton twirlers. (no offence to guys who play with knives or rattan) We have had a host of Monday morning quarterbacks, guess you lads should give it a go too.

A friend of my son was invited to this shindig, the lad was kind of worn out and decided to just take his girlfriend for a tour of K Country and Banff on his way home to B.C. He skip the party and just went home to his family. I'm glad he did!

Disappointing to see young lives end abruptly.

I think the police officer and the soldier have made some pretty valid statements on this thread. Most responding on the thread have probably never experienced unexpected life threatening violence. It triggers some rather unusual hormonal responses. Lots of people go into denial, it's not really happening, some just become deer in the head lights. Most people that get stabbed never see the weapon. Initially they don't even realize they sprung a leak.

What did I learn from this incident....nothing...but it does tend to confirm that consuming debilitating substances in places were people go off might be a poor decision. Better to be at the top of your game if your hanging with the altered mind.

If you like to get out of your gourd with strangers you just might end as the next statistic.

That post deserves a slow clap....
Well done you!!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

Some of the concealed carry crowd think firearms would solve the problem. 21 feet...and that's when you know it's coming. Throw in the adrenaline response when you didn't see it coming and your bowels are already sliding out of that new orifice you just acquired in your belly. Tough to be a hero when your slipping in your own gut pile and you just realized it's on when it's actually over. Toss in a double retention holster and mind altering substances and it just gets worse.

Life ain't the movies and when we meet life head on we encounter some biological hard wired responses.If we haven't had much time training a response during an adrenaline stress situation we tend to flail. Heck the trained tend to flail.

I'm pro conceal carried but the more I read people advocating for concealed carry on these forums the more I wonder if it's just another Pandora's box.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

Some of the concealed carry crowd think firearms would solve the problem. 21 feet...and that's when you know it's coming. Throw in the adrenaline response when you didn't see it coming and your bowels are already sliding out of that new orifice you just acquired in your belly. Tough to be a hero when your slipping in your own gut pile and you just realized it's on when it's actually over. Toss in a double retention holster and mind altering substances and it just gets worse.

Life ain't the movies and when we meet life head on we encounter some biological hard wired responses.If we haven't had much time training a response during an adrenaline stress situation we tend to flail. Heck the trained tend to flail.

I'm pro conceal carried but the more I read people advocating for concealed carry on these forums the more I wonder if it's just another Pandora's box.
dropping bombs of wisdom today sir . Another slow clap response.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
dropping bombs of wisdom today sir . Another slow clap response.
Yes...who is it and what has he done with uglyelk!?!