Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2014, 06:30 AM

Default Still on SUV hunt - Jeep compass

Want to hear your good , bad and ugly thoughts on the above vehicle . If you have one , would you buy another ?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 AM

We bought one last fall, after driving a Honda CRV for almost 200,000 km's it was time for a change. The interior noise is a bit louder with the jeep, but it turns quite a bit sharper. That's really the only things I've noticed, but I don't really drive it much, it's the wife's car. The only thing I had to do to the Honda in the whole time we had it, was tires and taillight bulbs, so if the Compass is that reliable, I'll be happy.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Thanx for the reply , good to hear someone actually has one ! lol .. The noise part is important , my folks have a 2012 Equinox , and I would be tempted to go that way , but the noise factor is unbearable for me , specially on gravel .Anyone else with a comment on the jeep ?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 AM

We bought one new got the 4 cylinder 4x4, gas mileage isn't bad but not as advertised, we haven't had no issues as of yet except the sunroof leaked, but it got fixed, other than that we have put 55000 Kim's on it and have had no mechanical issues so far....
Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM

Just picked up a used one last weekend. As mentioned above the noise in the cab is noticeable, but not so bad as to be unendurable, it is a Jeep after all. I really like the way it handles, and on the hiway it is a dream to drive, the CVT tranny makes it nice and smooth, and passing doesn't seem to be an issue. It is not as finely finished as alot of the smaller SUV's around, but for the price it seems to be an all round good vehicle. I also like the fact that you can engage the 4X4 at any speed, including hiway speeds.