Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat01 View Post
Simple Solution , Deal with the Problem Child . If people chose not to be responsible , banish them . Don't let a problematic few ruin it for the rest .
We have already been warned to play nice(and I dont mean in this thread) or possibly lose the general section. That was also pretty simple.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Might want to re-read what he posted. They will monitor that....
And have been.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
and what do you think about a locker room type area where people are given a longer leash? (could be 18+ and apply of access cgn style)

like i was talking about earlier to keep the chaos out of the general forum
This isn't likely to happen! You want to go argue and troll each other...there are forums for that but it's not this one.

Morb
Old 02-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
This isn't likely to happen! You want to go argue and troll each other...there are forums for that but it's not this one.

Morb
well a longer leash not absolute anarchy. no nudity or other stuff but maybe a guy could drop the f bomb and look at a bikini picture while talking about different ways to drink whiskey

for the stuff that wouldn't fit in in a family environment

it would be nice to get a little more casual
Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
We have already been warned to play nice(and I dont mean in this thread) or possibly lose the general section. That was also pretty simple.
What's not simple about identifying the offenders and removing or suspending !
Tell me why that would not work , would AO not be a kinder , gentler place
Old 02-16-2016, 03:51 PM

Default Why not

Talk about drinking whiskey while sitting around a camp fire with your fellow outdoorsmen...No issue there, the system will omit your swearing and as for the bikini pictures we don't want to go there...then all the ladies on the board will start posting men in thongs...it could escalate quickly. LOL

Morb
Old 02-16-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
The problem with a lot of the offenders is they don't think they are offenders, they just think they are being "censored" for no reason.

Morb
Old 02-16-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I agree. There are only about 10 trouble makers on here that cannot have a discussion without insulting someone that does not agree with their point of view.If another 200 of their friends leave because they are upset about the suspensions, then it will leave 60,000 other members to enjoy this forum. I think the sponsors can live with those numbers
Old 02-16-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
They are removing them.

I for one am thankful that we have AO boards. Somewhere to talk about our interests.
Furthermore, I agree with the rules they have and the direction they have chosen.
And to top all that off, I think the Mods do an excellent job.

JMHO

Old 02-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Talk about drinking whiskey while sitting around a camp fire with your fellow outdoorsmen...No issue there, the system will omit your swearing and as for the bikini pictures we don't want to go there...then all the ladies on the board will start posting men in thongs...it could escalate quickly. LOL

Morb
let them have their chippendales!

actually i might have that one picture of me from that one night i could post....
Old 02-16-2016, 03:57 PM

Ok that sounds like I am sucking up.

But that is what I think and how I feel about it.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:03 PM

Default Honestly

Quote:
let them have their chippendales!

actually i might have that one picture of me from that one night i could post....
Honestly not likely to happen. This has been a family board and will likely remain as such. Additionally, adding such a forums doesn't tend to solve the problem but in fact makes the situation worse by detracting from positive and beneficial discussion on the rest of the board.

Morb
Old 02-16-2016, 04:04 PM

Thank you mods/admin for replying.
Still not quite the answers I was looking for, as in they are not a 100 % clear as certain threads are OK and some get deleted. But basically stay away from political threads...
Which is fine by me, just wanted a clarification.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Honestly not likely to happen. This has been a family board and will likely remain as such. Additionally, adding such a forums doesn't tend to solve the problem but in fact makes the situation worse by detracting from positive and beneficial discussion on the rest of the board.

Morb
fair enough, i do see where you're coming from. but it's gotta be getting tiring getting rid of the same stupid thread.

i was thinking the easy thing to do would be to dump the 800 ndp threads into the void of the locker room and then say "play nice". i would keep up the outward appearance of the place anyway.

but i actually do agree that the "locker room" would be arguing and political crap everywhere. i just think it's an issue that wont go away no matter how many people we ban. perhaps it might be better to move it out of sight?

i guess what i'm trying to say is that if you think you can beat the crap posts then this is the way to continue going; but if we think it's going to be a permanent situation we should adjust.

Last edited by fish_e_o; 02-16-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
fair enough, i do see where you're coming from. but it's gotta be getting tiring getting rid of the same stupid thread.

i was thinking the easy thing to do would be to dump the 800 ndp threads into the void of the locker room and then say "play nice". i would keep up the outward appearance of the place anyway.

but i actually do agree that the "locker room" would be arguing and political crap everywhere. i just think it's an issue that wont go away no matter how many people we ban. perhaps it might be better to move it out of sight?
Who was banned for poitical party trash talk? I see it everyday here. (Nothing like it was several months back though)
Old 02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Who was banned for poitical party trash talk? I see it everyday here. (Nothing like it was several months back though)
and we're still seeing it every day. my point is that we wouldn't have to see it if we didn't want to.

i'm sure every non conservative in the world wouldn't have been chased off if it was in the dark depths of the forum. but we're blasting it on the front page like it's our birth right
Old 02-16-2016, 04:29 PM

Because I am a new comer plus Alberta politics are Alberta's and I have enough to deal with BC politics (Christy Clarke - grrrrrr) I stay out of the fray of political drama on outdoor forums....

But my opinion of the "secret password" section or "naughty subjects" usually doesnt stop the slinging of horse pucky before it gets moved into the "X-zone" and by then is when members and moderators begin the "I have the power he man mentality of who's can say what in sandbox....

By the time this happens... The original argument is lost and the forum becomes an ugly, no longer fun sharing place to be... This is why I left the BC forums but I can see it happens just generally in all forums....

It's hilarious (more sad actually) to me how we try and teach our children about communicating, listening, being open minded, being fair, understanding, empathy.... All great qualities to have to reach adulthood but once adulthood is reached all that gets crapped out into the dung piles and we become self centered and feel the need to be bullies. No one has quality debates anymore because no one knows how to.

Honestly people, there will always be political opposition and always disgruntled members of the voting caucuses in every free society...it is okay to be passionate about your issues but be respectful and mindful for others as well....

My apologies if I have overstepped, I just feel some topics will always be taboo if people can not open their minds and be tolerant to all views.... You dont have to agree, you can voice your opinions but one should do so always respectfully.

Again this is just my opinion and my valliant attempt of being Switzerland. Or as my sister would call this... "An Ali-ville moment" verbal spillage that makes sense only in my head....
Old 02-16-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmakemecrazy View Post
It's all about dollars.

Think about it for one second and everyone should be able to figure it out.

Who publishes all of the regulations?

How much do you think the government pays for this service?

Would you want to lose this contract?
Certainly a solid theory. If that's the case then what a quandary for Rob to be in. There's that big dollar annual contract on one hand, and contending with a client / government that barely tolerates hunters and absolutely hates firearms ready to pull a significant portion of his meal ticket at the drop of a hat. Rub them the wrong way and the new printing contract goes to the outfit that's presently handlng all of the CUPE print media.

I sure hope he can out-fiddle the Devil!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnepPZChA5U
Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Certainly a solid theory. If that's the case then what a quandary for Rob to be in. There's that big dollar annual contract on one hand, and contending with a client / government that barely tolerates hunters and absolutely hates firearms ready to pull a significant portion of his meal ticket at the drop of a hat. Rub them the wrong way and the new printing contract goes to the outfit that's presently handlng all of the CUPE print media.

I sure hope he can out-fiddle the Devil!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnepPZChA5U

Wow , that's sound like "Politics" rearing its ugly head again , however the scenario certainly seems plausible
Old 02-16-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
The problem with a lot of the offenders is they don't think they are offenders, they just think they are being "censored" for no reason.

Morb
Well that is not that surprising. When you start an thread with the intent of informing your fellow like minded sportsmen/women of an issue, and it disappears without even an explanation on pm, one is left puzzled and trying to figure out where(or if?..) the rules have been contravened. The fact that a significant number of the threads that have disappeared are about the NDP, or Naughty Notley, makes one wonder why just these threads. There were many, many, many etc threads bashing the Red Queen that went on and on, yet nobody nuked those threads......not to mention how heated some of the anti wild rose threads got........

Just say'in..........

D
Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Well that is not that surprising. When you start an thread with the intent of informing your fellow like minded sportsmen/women of an issue, and it disappears without even an explanation on pm, one is left puzzled and trying to figure out where(or if?..) the rules have been contravened. The fact that a significant number of the threads that have disappeared are about the NDP, or Naughty Notley, makes one wonder why just these threads. There were many, many, many etc threads bashing the Red Queen that went on and on, yet nobody nuked those threads......not to mention how heated some of the anti wild rose threads got........

Just say'in..........

D
In an ideal your right, an explanation would be great but without Knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes it is difficult to understand that that just isn't feasible. If a thread is deleted there is a reason behind it that isn't too hard to figure out.

Just sayin....

Well the thread has run its course.

Morb

Last edited by Morbius131; 02-16-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread