Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Heading out from calgary tomorrow AM, if anyone wants to tag along got room in the truck
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM
WorldClass

Thinking about heading to the Grande Cache area to do some fishing next week on my days off. I'm available anyday between Saturday (1st) to the 6th.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 PM

Going to try some new places east of Calgary (walleye, sturgeon, etc) this weekend (sat/sun). Let me know if you would like to join.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM

Going to some of my favorite spots on the trout streams tomorrow, if anybody is looking to get in some trout stream fishing before it closes up give me a pm,40 bucks for pitch on gas.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM

Starting point is Edmonton, destination is a few places in the Caroline area.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Going to one of my favorite trout streams that is still open for fishing, it's about 3hrs or so away so if you have 40 bucks for gas you can tag along, send me a pm, be going after browns, brookies,bulls, and rocky mountain whitefish.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM
WorldClass

Going to be in Innisfail on Saturday to go skydiving (weather permitting) then looking to get out and do some fishing anywhere within 3 hours of there. Would like to fish more to the west but don't really care. Just want to get on the water and get some action. I have the week off but if I can't arrange anything I'll just work my way up the trunk road and do some solo exploring.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 PM

Default looking for someone to fish with

edmonton area, i have 2 and half weeks off would love to fish!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Default Fishing in a boat

I have never been in a boat or fished in a boat. Would someone take me out fishing sometime? I will help pay for the gas.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM

Plants down again, back to the lake I go. Anybody hitting Muir today?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 AM

will be at upper k tomorrow morning fly fishin solo if anyone wants to join me. Red ball cap tan vest.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
WorldClass

Change of plans, I'm going to be in the Edmonton area for a few days starting sunday would like to get out on the NSR for a bit, maybe head west of the city and do some fishing if anyone is interested.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 AM

Default finally ready to go !

well i have got my old driftboat redone and my old arthritic shoulder is cooperating ...so i am looking for a partner to drift the bow on sat or sun .....you take care of the shuttle ...i take care of the rest.

Ron
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Taking the jet boat out tomorrow for some river fishing. My buddy bailed on me so have room for 1. Leaving Cochrane in the morning. PM me if you want to go.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Edmonton area, just tried out my boat the last couple days and looks like it is pretty much good to go. Currently unemployed and planning to do as much fishing as possible before the cold weather sets in. I am up for day trips or overnighters and would like to try out some new lakes.

If you would like to tag along shoot me a PM with where you would like to go, all I ask for is a little bit of gas money, meals, bait or campsite etc. Just note it is only a 14' with 9.5 hp so have to be careful on bigger lakes.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 PM

Hello all
New to the Medicine Hat just in from Ontario. Looking to get some fishing done while the weather holds out. I've got a truck with hitch and lotsa fishing gear (just not sure what works out here) PM me if you wanna hit some fish. I don't have any fly fishing gear but would be willing to learn. I work on the base so I get 4 days on 4 days off. Lotsa free time to fish.
PM me if you are interested.
Thx
Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM

Going out to Wabamun on friday for a day of pike slaying. Got room in the boat for one or two more people, if anyone wishes to come. Might not have room in the truck though. Hopfully leave edmonton around 7am.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Edmonton ice fishing buddy.

Hey I'm looking for a fishin buddy near edmonton. I do a lot of fishing but never been ice fishing. Would love to try it. I'd be happy to drive and supply the beer and stogies/copenhagen.
Please message me if interested.
I apologize if I'm not posting in the correct place I'm new to this.

Reid
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Going to go check the ice on lakes around fairview. Namely stoney as I'd like some brookies for dinner. anyone interested I'm free until thursday.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Ice fishing partner needed

I'm looking for someone to split gas / driving with this winter. I'm from Vermilion and usually fish Cold Lake and the Lac La Biche area. Prefer to sled in when possible

Last edited by Kgz; 11-12-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Need to change wording
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM

Default Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgz View Post
I'm looking for someone to split gas / driving with this winter. I'm from Vermilion and usually fish Cold Lake and the Lac La Biche area. Prefer to sled in when possible
I don't have a sled but i have the tent,camerA and all the gear a wife would let you buy. If there is room for two on your sledge we could go to Glover lake, which is epic fishing for pike white fish and burbot. never caught more fish in my live, then everytime I fish at Glover lake. I can only go durring the week though because i have my kids on the weekends. I'm semi-retired so i can go whenever it works best for you.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Unhappy ****

Well I meant that to be a private message but I'm glad Glover lake is pretty hard to get to.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetchimo View Post
Well I meant that to be a private message but I'm glad Glover lake is pretty hard to get to.

No worries.

I skipped right over it and didn't read it, lol.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Anyone from edmonton want to go ice fishing tomorrow? Il drive if you pitch on gas, give me a pm! Want to go tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Request help ice fishing near Calgary

My daughter and her family just moved to Calgary from the lower 48 and my wife and I are coming up to spend Christmas with them this year (Dec 21-26). My 10 year-old grandson and I have loved ice fishing together down here in Colorado, and I'd like to get out for a day with him during the visit.

I'm hoping there my be some benevolent person around Calgary who might be willing to let us accompany him for a day and give us a chance to get onto some fish. We are experienced, but I can't bring any of my gear on the plane. I don't mind buying some more poles, line and lures, if necessary, but will lack auger and flasher.

Love to get a PM from someone who is willing to help us out.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM

I'll be making my first ice fishing trips this saturday and sunday. I'm thinking of hitting up phyllis/burnstick lake on sunday. Open to go anywhere saturday. I wouldn't mind trying a new lake, somewhere close to edmonton. I got a 2 man flip up shack, and all the gear. send me a pm if you wanna hunt for fish!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Heading out this weekend and part of next week to do some fishing around High Prairie and Fairview. Anyone want some company drop me a line.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 AM

Monday and Tuesday - heading south for pike/perch/walleye. Might also head out to lake x3... Need worms and minnows there
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Default Sunday December 8

Looking to get out for the first trip of the year before I head back up to the oil sands till Xmas. Don't care on location and have all the gear that is needed to keep us warm and snug in the fatfish. Just bring your rod and lunch. My truck, your truck don't matter just as long as we split fuel. Anywhere from Sylvan to Newell.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Sunday

Dale and I heading for Newell to our usual area Sunday morning if you want to hook up. Send a text if interested and we can figure it out.
Ken