Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 12:13 PM

In addition to the potential for cancer - (The individual in the court case was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma), researchers (from studies done before 2009) have found that one of roundup’s inert ingredients can kill human cells, particularly embryonic, placental and umbilical cord cells ("study done in more than one country"). is a surfactant, or detergent, derived from animal fat. It is added to Roundup and other herbicides to help them penetrate plants' surfaces, making the weed killer more effective.

"But some inert ingredients have been found to potentially affect human health. Many amplify the effects of active ingredients by helping them penetrate clothing, protective equipment and cell membranes, or by increasing their toxicity."

Weed-Whacking Herbicide Proves Deadly to Human Cells (from 2009 article)

Used in gardens, farms, and parks around the world, the weed killer Roundup contains an ingredient that can suffocate human cells in a laboratory, researchers say

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...g-herbicide-p/

https://toxics.usgs.gov/highlights/glyphosate_poea.html
Environmental Health - Toxic Substances Hydrology Program
Such additives in pesticide formulations are commonly called "inert" ingredients or adjuvants, and little is known about these ingredients and their occurrence and transport in, and effects on, the environment. This USGS study is the first step in investigating the environmental fate and effects of POEA in herbicide applications.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 PM

Too many single factor equations for my liking. But on the other hand, my arthritis started when I bought my Dodge Ram. That explains it!
Old 08-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Ever read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson? I recommend it even if it's mostly referring to much more acutely toxic pesticides. I don't think pesticides are generally safe as there is truly little control of exposure potential. However, the risks are low when averaged across the population.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:34 PM
Banned

Default Them basters

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/med...cid=spartandhp

Now think of the wildlife we eat, that eats the grain and marinates itself walking through the grain fields sprayed with glyphosate.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:37 PM

We need chemical fertilizers to feed the world, we "Do Not" need GMO wheat spayed with Round-up a few weeks before I bake my bread, borders on stupidity! We almost lost some major world wheat markets this summer when a few GMO plants were found, most smart countries will not buy GMO product.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Beauty and health care product's (soap shampoo moisturizer's hair dye etc...) are all full of estrogen mimicking chemical compounds, soy is also a pseudo-estrogen, when men have to much estrogen in their system's it kills their testosterone count.

BPA used in making plastic container's and used to line can's and bottle's that used to be lined with vegetable oil is also an estrogen mimicker.

There's plenty more...
Thanks Willy. Knew that there were lots of reasons, but not sure if it is attributable to the big difference in drop vs. less developed countries.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!