Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-01-2019, 01:39 AM

Default Lac ST. Anne

Has the algae bloom disappeared , how about the feces matter is that still on going . If any of this is still present then wait for freeze up , maybe . Might not even bother . I did hear also Lac La Biche had issues also .
Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 AM

The algae bloom is still there, i was there today.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:09 PM

I hope it is not true, but years back a Reserve was alleged to have a problem with its sewage pond and locals where spreading the rumor that a honey wagon was dumped at the narrows. Hope that was a lie.

All the same, this was a high water year, and with some luck the beaver dams on the Sturgeon River were taken out so that lake could flush out and the river could flow. At Sturgeon Lake in St. Albert, the river was flowing both in and out.

The only way to get rid of the nutrient load from our bowl lakes is if it runs down an outlet river when fresh water comes into the lake. The next problem is whether the rain brings in more nutrients from the farm land.

But all the same, Lac Ste. Anne, Lake Isle, Pigeon, Nakamun, Lac La Nonne, Baptiste, has had an algae problem for years. Sometimes already in mid June it can really reek if there is no wind.

Drewski