Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well....I have come to the point where I turn the channel if they start talking covid on the News channel. Tired of it.

Today, I randomly turned to CTV National no less than 6 times, to see if there was anything else going on in the world. Like maybe coverage of corruption in our government. But no. Every single time I checked CTV, without fail, it was something to do with Covid. Every. Single. Time.

I am so sick of it. It's like, there is some kind of agenda to try and keep everyone freaked out, and the media and government are complicit. But that couldn't be.
Thats how i feel. Its not even fatigue anymore. Many people have turned off the channel.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Canada has a population density of 4 people per sq km
Sweden has 25

Not much of a comparison.
How about quebec vs sweden
Roughly the same population. Sweden actually has a couple million more people

Total number of deaths
Sweden-5890
Quebec-5833

Dang that's curious

Stop it with the factual comparisons already, we need to keep the panic going.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Sweden has 25

Total number of deaths
Sweden-5890
Quebec-5833

Dang that's curious
It's also too early to say that Sweden did it wrong. They're currently not looking too bad, looks like the herd immunity theory worked. We'll see though.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 09-29-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Sweden has 25

Total number of deaths
Sweden-5890
Quebec-5833

Dang that's curious
Let’s not start using realistic comparisons like that now because it doesn’t support the the sacrifices made in the name of Canadians safety Lol

Another interesting thing about Covid19 deaths is the number of cases that were on palliative (basically going to die) care before contracting Covid19 in care home deaths but the cause of death is Covid19. Yes the final cause is Covid19 but these are people that are so fragile any respiratory infection is lethal. Lots of stores of questionable death certificates as well. Average age of death is still older than the average life expectancy in Alberta

To this date I now know 16 people who have recovered from Covid19 and not one needed to be hospitalized. Not one is experiencing lingering side effects at this time. Opinions of their experience range from minor sniffles to the worst chest infection they have ever had

Covid19 is definitely real and people have died but it is looking like it’s blown out of proportion more and more every day
Old 09-29-2020, 12:01 PM

I think the lockdown advocate should look at Peru and try to explain what happened. The fact is lockdowns won't stop the spread.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 09-29-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I had no idea that it was up to the family to determine what goes on a death certificate ..............

Had no idea that you could fight a clinical final disposition without providing contradictory clinical evidence to dispute the disposition.......

I guess if someone on the forum "testified" this to be true, we should accept that as fact.
you've conveniently left out the other half of my post. You know, the one where the experts testified the same- that not all "covid" deaths are caused by covid. But that doesn't fit the narrative I guess. Covid's a joke. The violation of our freedom of movement rights are a joke. The fear mongering is a joke. Yet it's not funny
Old 09-29-2020, 12:35 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
you've conveniently left out the other half of my post. You know, the one where the experts testified the same- that not all "covid" deaths are caused by covid. But that doesn't fit the narrative I guess. Covid's a joke. The violation of our freedom of movement rights are a joke. The fear mongering is a joke. Yet it's not funny
wonder why this is world wide? Perhaps it a all in guberment plot to make us feed on each other.....maybe....or its not world wide just here?

jeepers.....I tune in here get confused...tune into the tv, radio...same result yet when I am on the lake or in the woods things make sense....maybe that's why some went wonky way back when and ran for the hills.....couldn't take town folk....I see a trend happening.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-29-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I found that interesting. To have anyone on a forum take someone stating that a family member can dictate what goes on a death certificate shows the utter futility in trying to reason with those whose heads are so far up the conspiracy donkey cross that they are incapable of even understanding what they themselves are now believing to be true incontrovertible facts.

Now you can see who believes the fringe elements versus facts.

this is the legal definition of a death certificate in Canada

Medical Certificate of Death: the legal record of a person’s death and its circumstances, completed at the time of death by a medical professional or other authorized person. The information collected is consistent across Canada.

next of kin doesn't have this access... period.

They may of been getting confused with a non legal form like for the funeral home to publish.
When I used to tune into the news, your high profile experts were admitting Covid's presence on a death certificate was not always entirely accurate. There's also been many anecdotal accounts around the globe to support that as well. Then people try to twist inaccurate numbers to fit their pet narrative and keep the fear mongering alive. The you say MY head is up my posterior? Unreal. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Covid sucks and it needs to be respected, especially for our elderly. But your name calling is unappreciated and uncalled for just because people's opinions differ from yours.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
wonder why this is world wide? Perhaps it a all in guberment plot to make us feed on each other.....maybe....or its not world wide just here?

jeepers.....I tune in here get confused...tune into the tv, radio...same result yet when I am on the lake or in the woods things make sense....maybe that's why some went wonky way back when and ran for the hills.....couldn't take town folk....I see a trend happening.....
I'm not a virus denier. The flu is world wide too. I don't believe in vomiting up graphs, charts and nonsense speculation based on inaccurate numbers, for the only purpose of inciting fear and turmoil on others and/or to be "right". That is all
Old 09-29-2020, 12:42 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
I'm not a virus denier. The flu is world wide too. I don't believe in vomiting up graphs, charts and nonsense speculation based on inaccurate numbers, for the only purpose of inciting fear and turmoil on others and/or to be "right". That is all

we all seek the truth but until then us common folk just gotta sit back and observe....pick and choose when and where we move amongst the hords….the word has changed...2020 is going down in history for sure.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-29-2020, 03:26 PM

I officially went into panic mode today after seeing the news.

There are now only 7 799 000 000 people left on earth.

At this rate, after wave two it will be 7 798 000 000.

Time to sell everything in start Leaving Las Vegas.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:32 PM

~160 000 people will die today. ~6000 of those deaths will be COVID related. In my opinion, without COVID, ~160 000 people would still die today, as those who were susceptible to COVID 3 months ago would have likely died from something else by now.

Now that some scientists have predicted that we may be over the COVID hump, I suspect that the vaccines will be approved quickly so big Pharma can cash in before the panic subsides.

Gerry Burnie
Old 09-29-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I'm sure the person who "testified" they were able to choose the cause of death and final disposition of the loved one they lost wouldn't agree with you to say Covid is a joke.

Its (Covid) pretty darn real, and pretty darn serious and, although we don't need to hide under our beds and cry Armageddon, we can, and should all, take reasonable precautions in public to prevent the loss of life (ours or someone else's).

How the simple precaution of wearing a mask somehow impedes your "freedom of movement rights" (whatever that means to you) is another thing.

It's not like the government is asking to have your bag clipped, they are asking you to simply wear a goddarn mask when you are in public and when in proximity to others in a public space. I don't get it, it's really not that complicated.

I guess, at the end of the day, it's up to you, and you have every right to express your opinions on this, and I respect that, but it's a bit of stretch to get bent out of shape over wearing a mask while in close proximity to others in a public space because it somehow is some "conspiracy government control" or "rights and freedoms" scheme designed to hold you down .......... it's a goddarn health order designed to protect us all. That's it.

In my opinion, and this is not directed to you specifically, I think people need to stop being self centered, selfish cry babies who think the world's scientists and governments designed this to control you and forcibly take away your rights. That's insane. That's tin foil hat thinking.

Some people have an irrational fear of Covid, they may act out in ridiculous ways. These people will feed off the fear media and worry themselves to death and cause all sorts of health related stress to themselves and their families for nothing. They need a warm hug and a couple anti anxiety pills.

There are also those who have an irrational fear of government controls and feed into fantastic fairy-tale conspiracy theories and may act out in dangerous and destructive ways. These people need therapy, and some pills to control the voices in their schizophrenic heads.

Then there's the rest of us, do your part, use your head, and this will eventually pass and hopefully it will not effect us or our loved ones.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:58 PM

Masks are of little issue in the big picture and in most places they are not required

Negative impacts on economy, education, and restrictions effecting other important services are a much bigger issue.

Things will be very interesting once government COVID subsidies end for starters

But all is good just put on a mask
Old 09-29-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I'm sure the person who "testified" they were able to choose the cause of death and final disposition of the loved one they lost wouldn't agree with you to say Covid is a joke.

Its (Covid) pretty darn real, and pretty darn serious and, although we don't need to hide under our beds and cry Armageddon, we can, and should all, take reasonable precautions in public to prevent the loss of life (ours or someone else's).

How the simple precaution of wearing a mask somehow impedes your "freedom of movement rights" (whatever that means to you) is another thing.

It's not like the government is asking to have your bag clipped, they are asking you to simply wear a goddarn mask when you are in public and when in proximity to others in a public space. I don't get it, it's really not that complicated.

I guess, at the end of the day, it's up to you, and you have every right to express your opinions on this, and I respect that, but it's a bit of stretch to get bent out of shape over wearing a mask while in close proximity to others in a public space because it somehow is some "conspiracy government control" or "rights and freedoms" scheme designed to hold you down .......... it's a goddarn health order designed to protect us all. That's it.

In my opinion, and this is not directed to you specifically, I think people need to stop being self centered, selfish cry babies who think the world's scientists and governments designed this to control you and forcibly take away your rights. That's insane. That's tin foil hat thinking.

Some people have an irrational fear of Covid, they may act out in ridiculous ways. These people will feed off the fear media and worry themselves to death and cause all sorts of health related stress to themselves and their families for nothing. They need a warm hug and a couple anti anxiety pills.

There are also those who have an irrational fear of government controls and feed into fantastic fairy-tale conspiracy theories and may act out in dangerous and destructive ways. These people need therapy, and some pills to control the voices in their schizophrenic heads.

Then there's the rest of us, do your part, use your head, and this will eventually pass and hopefully it will not effect us or our loved ones.

Pretty balanced opinion. I respect it.

The number crunching fear mongering drives me nuts. I will qualify that by saying I’m not specifically speaking to you personally either.

Contracting a respiratory disease isn’t a joke. It’s the whole package that was derived from the virus that’s been a joke. See Smokey bucks comment above. That’s how I feel. It’s frustrating the over reaction and the constant Covid drum being beaten by all media (whichever way you lean). Ever notice the desperate pleas to keep this thing relevant? I rarely tune into the news anymore- and when I did recently, I heard a Covid count from “the past 3 days” to make that number sound scarier, as the one day totals wasn’t doing it anymore. Such rubbish!

Ps go read the charter of rights and freedoms. The charter that millions bled out on foreign soil for- then tell me how physical distancing is even remotely legal. I don’t mind the suggestion, but the enforcement with major fines violates that 100%. That’s another topic and I won’t bother getting into this anymore.
Have a good one boys
Old 09-29-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Masks are of little issue in the big picture and in most places they are not required

Negative impacts on economy, education, and restrictions effecting other important services are a much bigger issue.

Things will be very interesting once government COVID subsidies end for starters

But all is good just put on a mask

To put things into perspective, as of today there have been 266 confirmed COVID deaths in Alberta. As unfortunate and callous as it may sound, many of these people were already knocking at deaths door.

In the first two quarters of 2020 (Jan-June) there were 449 opioid overdose deaths, 148 in the first quarter and 301 in the second quarter. The results have not yet been released for the third quarter, but if the differential between the first and second quarter are telling, it could again be exponential. CERB and other benefits have undoubtedly contributed to the steep rise. In the first 6 months of 2020, there were also 5500 opioid related emergency and urgent care visits to our hospitals.

The hospitalization rate for COVID has been around 19 persons per 100K, where as the provincial average for opiod's has been around 85 persons per 100K for the first two quarters alone.

So in a nutshell if we could force people to use masks, or in this case plastic covers on their syringes, many more deaths could be prevented. Unless the drugs were taken orally, or smoked/snorted, then yes maybe a non-removable face mask would have helped.

Last edited by HVA7mm; 09-29-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
To put things into perspective, as of today there have been 266 confirmed COVID deaths in Alberta. As unfortunate and callous as it may sound, many of these people were already knocking at deaths door.

In the first two quarters of 2020 (Jan-June) there were 449 opioid overdose deaths, 148 in the first quarter and 301 in the second quarter. The results have not yet been released for the third quarter, but if the differential between the first and second quarter are telling, it could again be exponential. CERB and other benefits have undoubtedly contributed to the steep rise. In the first 6 months of 2020, there were also 5500 opioid related emergency and urgent care visits to our hospitals.

The hospitalization rate for COVID has been around 19 persons per 100K, where as the provincial average for opiod's has been around 85 persons per 100K for the first two quarters alone.

So in a nutshell if we could force people to use masks, or in this case plastic covers on their syringes, many more deaths could be prevented. Unless the drugs were taken orally, or smoked/snorted, then yes maybe a non-removable face mask would have helped.
Yes opioid overdoses have increased and just another issue and honestly I have less sympathy when it comes to this problem so I don’t put as much thought into it

But we both agree actions taken regarding Covid19 have had consequences
Old 09-29-2020, 06:29 PM

A Covid victim to me..

'Business manager who lost everything during COVID 19 lockdowns'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mPSg1gTyLY