Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-23-2018, 07:50 PM

i have blown out 2 windshields. carved up some one inch foam insulation and place over windshield while travelling no problem since
Old 08-28-2018, 12:32 PM

Here’s the pics for you GOT1!

I think it turned out great! You’re hired!

how to print screen on pc

russian photo sharing

Old 09-10-2018, 12:31 AM

It's hard to tell from the pictures, did your center window hinge section separate from the port side or did you have to break the silicone seal on it as well to take them apart? Just had a rock smash the center window out of my fish hawk last week and have a lexan piece being cut for me tomorrow. Kind of a stupid setup on mine, the hinged piece can't be separated unless you cut the silicone off the good window as well. I was hoping to just take the entire frame in and have the lexan cut and installed since I'm pressed for time and only have 1 free day of prep before I leave for a 2 week fishing trip. Ended up just taking measurements and left the hinged section on the port glass.

What a lot of fun being out in the sticks with no vacuum. Spent about 3 hours picking up glass shards so my dog wouldn't be at risk of hurting herself.

2018-09-10_12-16-02 by bman32_320, on Flickr

I used to trailer with the factory mooring cover on, but after 5 years it is shot and torn to shreds. Waiting for one to pop up on ebay again because the price of these covers is insane. I'd buy one of these if they were available in Canada, but for some reason Cabelas only sells them on the american site. https://www.cabelas.com/product/TruX...4.uts?slotId=1
Old 09-24-2018, 11:44 AM

Hey thanks again for posting the pics for me. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Hope the Lexan lasts and doesnt get scratched up too quick. The plastics guy seemed to think if its not exposed to sun it'll easily last 10_12 years without yellowing and hazing. As for scratching.... stay tuned.

There was a small set screw mid hinge that you take out and remove a small plastic piece that holds the hinged section in place. Make sure you dont lose it as I'm sure you cant get that replaced easily at all. It slides right off after you remove that. Putting it back was a little tricky but no big deal in the end. Good luck.