Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-25-2020, 04:42 PM

Default Tag rules

WMU 148

General white / mule tag means what? Doe buck? They don’t have expiration months so if they are not used in bow can I use them for rifle?
Old 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM

General tags for mule deer and whitetail are only applicable for either sex during archery season. Once rifle season comes Nov 4 in that zone only antlered white tail is general. Antlered and antlerless mule deer and antlerless whitetail are special draw.

So if you are using general tags you can only harvest an antlered whitetail in general season. Keep in mind that it is only Wednesday to Saturday hunting until end of November in that zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2020, 05:48 PM

Default Hunting regulations

Have a read of the regs pay particular attention to the big game regulations the it is unlawful section and the zone specific regulations. Read the definition of antlerless and antlered as well as the archery section all your questions are clearly laid out.

https://albertaregulations.ca/huntin...pdfs-2020.html

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 PM

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5D3E1609-66BC-409D-9DA5-09A866417423.jpg (55.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 10-26-2020, 06:26 AM

it’s all depends on the zone/season. definite check your regs. you could have a rifle season that has general tags for antlered but draw for does.

some zones you can do either for for rifle season. zones i hunt are antlered whitetail for mid sept-nov but turn antlered and antlerless for november with a general tag.

the zone your in ooks to be general antlered/antlerless for bow but becomes antlered only for general in rifle season. some hunting date limitations also for whitetail only

i believe you need to purchase a archery liscence to hunt with any tag in archery season with general or draw tags, i do not bow hunt so i’m not positive