Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 11:25 PM

Default Trailer fender needed

I need a replacement dual axel fender for my cargo trailer. Had a tire blow out and tear trailer fender odd Any recommendation on where in Edmonton area would be best place to buy?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:28 PM

Princess auto sells fenders for trailers
Old 03-16-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4extreme View Post
Princess auto sells fenders for trailers
x2 thats where i got mine ...same reason blew a tire.

mack
Old 03-16-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I need a replacement dual axel fender for my cargo trailer. Had a tire blow out and tear trailer fender odd Any recommendation on where in Edmonton area would be best place to buy?
I'd build a solid fiberglass shell type using a plug and mold method, because you probably still have the broken part. And once you have the mold, you can quickly and precisely make as many extremely strong and rigid copies of the part as you need. Maybe even make and sell a few dozen copies on kiijiji at a hundred bucks a pop if it's a common trailer.

Epoxy glue or weld the broken piece(s) together well enough it can hold it's own shape. Fill in any big cracks or irregularities and put in some backing if needed to give it a little strength and rigidity. Smooth it all off so the surface looks what you need. That becomes the plug.

Wax it up with usual fiberglass wax compound, and then layer up fiberglass around it to make a 'female' mold. Let cure then polish the mold.

Now make as many copies of the part as you might need, by waxing the mold, putting in gel coat, and laying in s-glass weave and epoxy resin with any embedded fittings; smoothing out excess resin with a roller in the usual manner. Just like a boat hull. Let cure and finish off any rough edges.