Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Banned

Dictators and fair elections mix like hunters and vegans..

We've got a Castro playing the part of a Trudeau who was a substitute drama teacher with a lifetime of training on how to LIE to people and make them believe that he is something other than what he actually is!, and that's who is leading our communist dictatorship, but wait there's MORE!...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0d2Pj_KeGY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7Eu0TmRl.jpg (37.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpeg images-14.jpeg (9.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpeg images-8.jpeg (13.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 03-13-2018, 10:28 AM

When it comes down to it, if the government doesn’t trust me to own a firearm, I’m sure as hell not going to trust them. So far, between myself and the Liberal Party, only one of us has proven themselves worthy of trust.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Isn't it in post 19 that you talk about selling off your restricteds?

Back in the 90's, when the liberals where talking about getting tough on guns, is when I bought my first restricted.

I figure if they want me to give up my guns, that makes me want them more.
I sold off almost 30 firearms, that I wasn't getting much use out of, and my ACR, and my restricted firearms were among those. However, it was easier to let go of firearms that could easily be restricted or prohibited, and then lose a considerable investment when the values of those firearms is diminished by reclassification.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Why should we as firearm owners support more legislation? We should use the same efforts used to make a "realistic platform" to educate the public.

We don't need more legislation. Gun crime is virtually non-existent, and here you are saying that we should support more legislation?

Assault style? So you are basing your opinions on the appearances of the firearm? This is just too much.

Do you own firearms?
Are you married? If so do you try to win arguments with your wife by telling her she is wrong and that you aren't going to change? Or do you make compromises to keep her happy and stay married? It is your guys choice, get a divorce from your firearms or find a compromise that makes the general public happy. You don't have to convince the anti firearm group, they aren't that big of a group either. You just need to convince the general public that the laws in place make them safe and then lobby the government as much as the anti firearm users do.

This situation is a bit tougher because you guys are now going to possibly get screwed because of poor firearm laws in the states rather then our own laws that are for the most part reasonable. You guys are always anti US firearm reform too though so I guess you get to live with the rewards that such actions are now bringing upon you...
Old 03-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Are you married? If so do you try to win arguments with your wife by telling her she is wrong and that you aren't going to change? Or do you make compromises to keep her happy and stay married? It is your guys choice, get a divorce from your firearms or find a compromise that makes the general public happy. You don't have to convince the anti firearm group, they aren't that big of a group either. You just need to convince the general public that the laws in place make them safe and then lobby the government as much as the anti firearm users do.

This situation is a bit tougher because you guys are now going to possibly get screwed because of poor firearm laws in the states rather then our own laws that are for the most part reasonable. You guys are always anti US firearm reform too though so I guess you get to live with the rewards that such actions are now bringing upon you...
"You guys"

Identity politics much?

The marriage comment?

Grow up.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Every time you give in to other people's demands, no matter how unreasonable, they are more likely to make more demands, because you have shown that you will always make concessions. That is why bullies always pick on the same people.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Angry

Congrats to all you guys who wasted their time on those stupid, useless media polls.
Maybe it's time you finally get up off your lazy asses and actually DO Something!

Let's hope it's not too late.

Selkirk
Old 03-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yes I am married, but that is a foolish example at best. If my wife was pro gun-control you can be assured I would not back down, but I would use facts to convince her. The problem with convincing the public is that the Liberal government has the public purse at their fingertips in terms of the CBC and anti-gun slants on every firearms related story.

What I cannot wrap my head around is that you actually believe that all the liberals want is the "scary" guns. Your lack of foresight is astonishing.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Well, we know who wears the pants...

If your wife is actually wrong, why would you concede to her and make a compromise? Wrong is wrong.

Educate the person (or general public) with sound logic, reason, and facts. Make them understand why they're wrong and that the legislation is not required and/or ineffective, and there'll be no need to compromise.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Yes I am married, but that is a foolish example at best. If my wife was pro gun-control you can be assured I would not back down, but I would use facts to convince her. The problem with convincing the public is that the Liberal government has the public purse at their fingertips in terms of the CBC and anti-gun slants on every firearms related story.

What I cannot wrap my head around is that you actually believe that all the liberals want is the "scary" guns. Your lack of foresight is astonishing.
Anyone that honestly believes that the anti firearms crowd would be totally satisfied with banning all AR style firearms, and that they would stop their crusade there, is very naive.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Anyone that honestly believes that the anti firearms crowd would be totally satisfied with banning all AR style firearms, and that they would stop their crusade there, is very naive.
Exactly! They would start with AR, then all semi auto rifles including hunting rifles, then semi auto shotguns and rimfire would be in line.
where would it stop?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you may have the early symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome.

Looper
Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
You won't stop them by opposing them. Someone needs to form a realistic platform on firearms and then propose it publicly to gain support and sway politicians to get behind you. If you only oppose the changes you will lose as there aren't enough of you but if you can get a bill with some proactive changes and allowances for reasonable firearm ownership/use then you might be able to get enough people on board.

Making all semi automatic firearms restricted is drastic. Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns do have a place in hunting. What I would propose is some sort of intermediate level classification between non restricted and restricted that applies to all non restricted semi automatic firearms and has tighter regulations but still allows hunters to use semi automatic hunting rifles/shotguns.

Prohibiting AR-15's is also drastic, restricted is fine. Reclassifying some other assault style firearms as restricted would be reasonable though.

Make a good platform and I would support you guys, I think the proposed changes if true are ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if our liberal government would consider doing these things though and they will likely see more support then opposition in doing so...
Fire.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Once the guns are gone and there's no more "need" for hunting, the fishing rods are next. But don't worry, they just want to shut down all waters with Bull Trout so that there is no risk of any Bull Trout mortality from fishing.

Maybe then you'll understand.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

They will just keep on making restrictions until all guns are gone.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:

First of all don't be wiped, and second that's what's wrong with this world, we are always trying to compromise. I wonder how compromise would have went with Germany instead of stopping them. The world is turning upside down. We need to stand up for what's right, just look at how our counrty is changing and it's for the worst. There is still right and wrong.... And truth
Old 03-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Default History of Firearms Control in Canada:

Up to and Including the Firearms Act
Pre-1892
Justices of the Peace had the authority to impose a six-month jail term on anyone carrying a handgun, if the person did not have reasonable cause to fear assault against life or property.
The first Criminal Code required individuals to have a basic permit, known as a 'certificate of exemption,' to carry a pistol unless the owner had cause to fear assault or injury. It became an offence to sell a pistol to anyone under 16. Vendors who sold pistols or airguns had to keep a record of the purchaser's name, the date of the sale and information that could identify the gun.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/p...st/con-eng.htm

The anti gun people aren't going to stop until all we have left are slingshots and loin cloths
First the evil looking semi's then the semi's then the pumps etc. etc.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:38 PM

RavYak:
If your husband asks you to compromise, that’s great, because you are both working towards the same cause and there’s give and take on both sides.
The government only wants to take away from us. How is agreeing to them only taking away a bit every few years a compromise? What are they giving in exchange?
Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Banned

Justin campaigned on introducing stricter gun legislation so it shouldn't come as a surprise that this is happening. I think that some of you are over reacting a bit. What he proposed was to reintroduce businesses maintaining a registry of the firearms sold, maybe a few other things similar to that. No where did he state that there would be a gun grab. I'll take a wait and see approach before jumping on the crazy train.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Justin campaigned on introducing stricter gun legislation so it shouldn't come as a surprise that this is happening. I think that some of you are over reacting a bit. What he proposed was to reintroduce businesses maintaining a registry of the firearms sold, maybe a few other things similar to that. No where did he state that there would be a gun grab. I'll take a wait and see approach before jumping on the crazy train.
Trudeau and the Liberals specifically stated they wouldn't bring back the gun registry, and would put the decision making of classification to the RCMP. No where did they say they'd take peoples guns or have stricter legislation. For the most part they were going to stay out of the gun debate which would be the smart thing to do. If they go through with this its just another black mark for the treasonous Trudeau, and shows how stupid he really is. He is without a doubt the WORST politician in the history of Canada.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 03-13-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You won't stop them by opposing them. Someone needs to form a realistic platform on firearms and then propose it publicly to gain support and sway politicians to get behind you. If you only oppose the changes you will lose as there aren't enough of you but if you can get a bill with some proactive changes and allowances for reasonable firearm ownership/use then you might be able to get enough people on board.

Making all semi automatic firearms restricted is drastic. Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns do have a place in hunting. What I would propose is some sort of intermediate level classification between non restricted and restricted that applies to all non restricted semi automatic firearms and has tighter regulations but still allows hunters to use semi automatic hunting rifles/shotguns.

Prohibiting AR-15's is also drastic, restricted is fine. Reclassifying some other assault style firearms as restricted would be reasonable though.

Make a good platform and I would support you guys, I think the proposed changes if true are ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if our liberal government would consider doing these things though and they will likely see more support then opposition in doing so...
Here's my platform, all guns except full auto fall under 1 classification. If you want a full auto gun, it needs to be manufactured prior to 1985 and you must pass further testing and a more in depth background check.

To get a gun you have to pass a course or show you're competent handling a firearm. You also have to have a background check re-done every year. Last but not least if you're on ANY mental health medication or diagnosed with a mental health problem you must see a psychologist to determine if you having guns is a threat to your safety or to the general public. Possible gun options with those who have a temporary mental health issue(significant life event leads to depression for example) would be storage of firearms at a friends or with family, or have ranges where the firearms could be stored.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 03-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Here's my platform, all guns except full auto fall under 1 classification. If you want a full auto gun, it needs to be manufactured prior to 1985 and you must pass further testing and a more in depth background check.

To get a gun you have to pass a course or show you're competent handling a firearm. You also have to have a background check re-done every year. Last but not least if you're on ANY mental health medication or diagnosed with a mental health problem you must see a psychologist to determine if you having guns is a threat to your safety or to the general public. Possible gun options with those who have a temporary mental health issue(significant life event leads to depression for example) would be storage of firearms at a friends or with family, or have ranges where the firearms could be stored.
Why that?
Old 03-13-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Why that?
Same as the laws in the US, and most people buy them as collectibles.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:11 PM

I am surprised it took the Liberals this long top get to it. I guess they needed a catalyst issue to work with, and they definitely have it now. The only way to combat it is to harass your MP about it, if you can talk to neighbors who will listen, you can ask them to say something to the MP. Form letters and polls are not worth the paper they are written on, e-mails are pretty much useless as well, you need to write actual letters to your MP. 1 letter equals 400 votes in the world of politics.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Same as the laws in the US, and most people buy them as collectibles.
But who cares what year they were made?
Old 03-13-2018, 02:30 PM

Default You know I suspect this is one of those "suggested stories"

You see on FB and someone click baits it so it appears as a real news story. Tried going into the Hilltimes link and the message was "subscribers only story".
I saw these panic headlines on FB yesterday several times and read the article it was linked to from start to end. Aside from the captioned headline there was very little content about the new gun legislation except the speculation that even the caucus thought it would be "surprizing" with out going into any details on what the surprizes would be. The major content of the article was concerning how backbenchers were discouraged from stating their opinion in caucus and how many were upset that several unelected representatives of the PMO were allowed to attend the caucus.
Seems like a hole lot of making a mountain out of a mole hill for the sake of blowing things out of proportion and selling more newspapers.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
But who cares what year they were made?
I dunno, why the US has the laws that way. I just know they do. Personally I wouldn't care. Id expect most people getting the full auto certification would be businesses or museums. I can't see the general public A) having the money for the guns or B) having the space to store them properly.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Default Close to a Tie

Quote:
Trudeau and the Liberals specifically stated they wouldn't bring back the gun registry, and would put the decision making of classification to the RCMP. No where did they say they'd take peoples guns or have stricter legislation. For the most part they were going to stay out of the gun debate which would be the smart thing to do. If they go through with this its just another black mark for the treasonous Trudeau, and shows how stupid he really is. He is without a doubt the WORST politician in the history of Canada.
I am old enough to remember his fathers governments, at this point ill pretty much call it a draw.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:

I am married for 30years, but something you can’t understand, I wear my own pants. A few other pointers....women despise weak willed men....and your headed for a trouble if you act so weak as your post.

I also learnt HOW compromise works in marriage.....hint it’s based on logic and reason and not emotional tantrums. Compomises involve both parties accepting them....not forced.....negotiation......and fair balance. Also compomises in a marriage can (must ) be depended on the other side HONORing them and not reopening them from the new position expecting further ground to be given until they completely get their way ( the liberal method). That’s not compromise....that’s manipulation. And if that’s how a marriage is working, then a divorce is the inevitable outcome........Alberta needs to get out of this toxic arrangement.

Your gloating over those that defend us gun rights shows how small your intellectual understanding of the issues at stake are. You too will eventually have to live with your short sightedness and willingness to throw gun owners under the bus. Because a state that thinks it knows better and works on SWJ hysteria and cultural Marxism agendas will get around to you sooner or later, one way or another.

Keep the kayak right side up......if you’re married and act this way, your going to need it.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM

Default Good by.

Quote:

If my wife said what you have said she would be down the road.