Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 AM

[QUOTE=Geezle;462644]Cool, I'll have to see if I can track down a depth chart for the lake...thanks [/QUOTE

This should be a depth chart hope it works

http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/7894/
Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Wicked...I never even thought to try flies on perch, but it makes sense. Might give it a shot since I never managed to try the flies through the ice for trout like I said I was going to
I was using the bead head flies, they sink just fast enough with a maggot on them .

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Wayne why don't you join us? It is only a what...............6 hour drive.

T
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
What's in Devil's lake?

And are there burbs in Wabamun? I wouldn't mind making a big day of it...get out early and stay reasonably late if there are at least a couple others in the group willing to hang out later
Hey all...I am totaly in for the weekend...dont matter what day i have 3 tents and 2 gas augers 1 -10" and 1- 8" a few tip ups and some personal tackle. Yah there are burbs in wabamun but ive never had any good luck with them..Does anyone know what the ice level is like at wabanum im itching to get on to my specail spot and hammer some withfish....and maybe the odd pike..last year on my first trip out i pulled in a 32 pound pike and averaged about 30-40 white an hour between 3 of us..its all catch and release but hey when your pulling fish in every few minutes its pretty fun. hey im alot easyer to reach but personal email if you guys pick a lake let me know.... craig.nagy@yahoo.ca...

thanks
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
Wayne why don't you join us? It is only a what...............6 hour drive.

T
Im off that week, dont think I havent considered it

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=lyallpeder;462660]
Quote:
Cool, I'll have to see if I can track down a depth chart for the lake...thanks [/QUOTE

This should be a depth chart hope it works

http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/7894/
I was actually looking at that one...just haven't bothered to register so I could look at it in full size

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I was using the bead head flies, they sink just fast enough with a maggot on them .
None of my flies have bead heads, but a little split shot should get 'em down there

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFisher View Post
Hey all...I am totaly in for the weekend...dont matter what day i have 3 tents and 2 gas augers 1 -10" and 1- 8" a few tip ups and some personal tackle. Yah there are burbs in wabamun but ive never had any good luck with them..Does anyone know what the ice level is like at wabanum im itching to get on to my specail spot and hammer some withfish....and maybe the odd pike..last year on my first trip out i pulled in a 32 pound pike and averaged about 30-40 white an hour between 3 of us..its all catch and release but hey when your pulling fish in every few minutes its pretty fun. hey im alot easyer to reach but personal email if you guys pick a lake let me know.... craig.nagy@yahoo.ca...

thanks
We're heading to Hasse

e-mail sent

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Come on Wayne...you know you want to

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 AM

What is the Day and Time of this gathering??
Old 12-23-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
What is the Day and Time of this gathering??
Date is Monday Dec 28. Time is fairly early...I'm hoping to be there no later than 9am, though hopefully a little earlier

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
None of my flies have bead heads, but a little split shot should get 'em down there
I was sight fishing the perch at Enchant, and had a split shot on too for a while. I notice I got as many bite on the weight as I did on the hool. switched to a little jig but the perch are just too small for the most part in there. plus they would just as often bite the jighead as the right end ended up using a plain hook so they had no choice.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-23-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I was sight fishing the perch at Enchant, and had a split shot on too for a while. I notice I got as many bite on the weight as I did on the hool. switched to a little jig but the perch are just too small for the most part in there. plus they would just as often bite the jighead as the right end ended up using a plain hook so they had no choice.
Nobody ever accused perch of being smart

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-23-2009, 10:11 AM

I will be there probably around 8-8:30... Have to decide what all to take with me...I have a three seat flip tent if someone needs to get out of any wind there might be...no smokers though please..though sippers welcome haha Will bring some extra rods and reels, etc, in case someone needs them. Might need a bit of help with equipment if someone is around, as I have a recently replaced knee, and it is not operating at full tilt yet... haha
Wayne, you should plan a couple day trip up and visit a few of the potholes we have...some are usually pretty good. Still waiting to hear if anyone has checked out Nakamun to see if the perch are recovering...
Old 12-23-2009, 10:54 AM

I have never been to a gathering and am thinking of joining you out there on Monday. Hoefully be able to bring son and meet new people and learn some ice fishing tricks.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Wayne Ill leave the thong at home Instead Ill bring out the TUTU
Old 12-23-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
oh great, another month of nightmares now LOL Just found out I have to go fishing tomorrow now too since we wont be working. lifes a beach!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:

I just threw up a little........

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-23-2009, 07:14 PM

john this is a no tutu event-sorry.

tony
Old 12-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Im scared for life now seeing that picture, ill never look at you the same!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLYBILLYBARRY View Post
Im scared for life now seeing that picture, ill never look at you the same!
if he brings his banjo run, dont look back, just run!!!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM

if he comes wearing that tutu you ll see him when he hits the shore you can start running then

Old 12-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie55 View Post
I will be there probably around 8-8:30... Have to decide what all to take with me...I have a three seat flip tent if someone needs to get out of any wind there might be...no smokers though please..though sippers welcome haha Will bring some extra rods and reels, etc, in case someone needs them. Might need a bit of help with equipment if someone is around, as I have a recently replaced knee, and it is not operating at full tilt yet... haha
Wayne, you should plan a couple day trip up and visit a few of the potholes we have...some are usually pretty good. Still waiting to hear if anyone has checked out Nakamun to see if the perch are recovering...
I don't mind giving you a hand with your gear With any luck I'll have time to pick up a sled by then so that'll make it much easier

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I *almost* spit water all over my keyboard when I saw that!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 AM

Just got the bad news, might be my only trip out till well into January. That being said if hasse ain't working going to move on down the road. But I'd like to hang for a few hours at least and meet some fellow members I'll be shooting for first light (sun up).
Old 12-24-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Just got the bad news, might be my only trip out till well into January. That being said if hasse ain't working going to move on down the road. But I'd like to hang for a few hours at least and meet some fellow members I'll be shooting for first light (sun up).
Ouch man, that sucks...I'm sure once you get out to Hasse you'll end up sticking around. Sounds like lots of people are coming, it'll be a good time

For as much as I want to slay a couple fish, I see myself spending a good portion of the day tent hopping and visiting everybody

And I'm sure if you try hard enough we can sneak in a day of fishing sometime in the next week or two

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Default count me in

im 90% sure i will be heading out to hasse, with a 6-pack of "waldo's", on dec 28.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 AM

OMG BBJ...that picture burns my eyes...
Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutpirate View Post
im 90% sure i will be heading out to hasse, with a 6-pack of "waldo's", on dec 28.
LOL @ 'Waldo's'

Look forward to seeing you out there!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Just got some similar news...sorta.

Got a call earlier today with an offer to spend some time working up in Lloyd. Wicked money, but I'll be pretty much stuck there working and not doing much else. Any days off would be spent with the wife.

Great opportunity to make some quick money and get myself at least somewhat out of the hole, but kinda disruptive to life

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams