Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM

Was good to get out and meet some of the guys!! I think I need one of those tents........that is the way to ice fish for sure.
t

Tony
Old 12-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Awesome day gentleman, hey jay you know that little sound bite when bow and luke duke hit a jump in the general lee. Did you hear that today? Sorry couldn't help it.
Ugh...thank jebus there was nothing but pride hurt on that one....I'll save that story for tomorrow

Definitely an awesome day out on the ice...certainly no size records set today, but plenty of action for everybody involved

After getting skunked last time I was out it was sure fun to catch 40+ fish, even though only a couple would have *maybe* been worth keeping.

Definitely gotta aim for something a little bigger next time though

I'll post the few pics I took tomorrow morning

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-28-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
Was good to get out and meet some of the guys!! I think I need one of those tents........that is the way to ice fish for sure.
t

Tony
Good meeting you too!

And yeah, the tent is definitely the way to go...not feasable for me this season, but you can bet I'll have one by next hardwater season

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 PM

sounds like you guys had fun. glad you didnt get skunked! lots of that going around these last days

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-28-2009, 09:54 PM

Was fun and appreciate ya guys letting me in on the tent warmth, made things heaps better. Even if I only got the second biggest perch.
Err.. btw if anyone ended up with an extra set of black fishing pliers I think I left em in the tent!
Jay
Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
sounds like you guys had fun. glad you didnt get skunked! lots of that going around these last days
Nope, we definitely didn't get skunked With all the perch down there, Hasse is starting to seem a lot like Enchant sounds...TONS of fish, but all little guys.

Sadly nobody managed to catch any of the rainbows lurking around in there, but there was a baby pike spotted down one of the holes.

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM

Who was the FWO who came out to visit us yesterday?

I completely forgot my manners and didn't introduce myself

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Sorry couldn't make it out at the last min guys...Daughters little beta fish died...ironic...Thought she would not have an issue as it we go fishin all the time.

She had a meltdown...and we went pet fish shopping all day.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co View Post
Sorry couldn't make it out at the last min guys...Daughters little beta fish died...ironic...Thought she would not have an issue as it we go fishin all the time.

She had a meltdown...and we went pet fish shopping all day.
should of brought her out with her fish bowl we could of caught her a dozen "pets"...
Old 12-29-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpietrzak1979 View Post
Was fun and appreciate ya guys letting me in on the tent warmth, made things heaps better. Even if I only got the second biggest perch.
Err.. btw if anyone ended up with an extra set of black fishing pliers I think I left em in the tent!
Jay
I did pick up a pair of plyers, we'll meet up soon hopeully on the ice and I'll get them to youI think we should be planning outting 2.1 gents.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
I did pick up a pair of plyers, we'll meet up soon hopeully on the ice and I'll get them to youI think we should be planning outting 2.1 gents.
Agreed! Would love to go for pike next time or something that will fill my frying pan at least (gotta feed 3 kids yanno) hehe... Jackfish is the only lake I really know cus it's handily close to town but I'd be open to a reasonable trip wherever.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Aiming for North Buck on Sat if anyone is game...good way to nurse a hangover
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Who was the FWO who came out to visit us yesterday?
That was me, was nice talking to you guys.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIsley View Post
That was me, was nice talking to you guys.
Good meeting you too Maybe next time you can come join us 'off the clock' and nab a few fish as well...we'll just have to aim for something a little bigger than the pike bait we were catching on Monday!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-31-2009, 09:20 PM

Any pics to share for those of us who couldn't be there???
Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Any pics to share for those of us who couldn't be there???
Just a couple...still on the cam but I'll get 'em up tomorrow

Happy New Year bud!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 PM

Same to you Jay....looking forward to the pics.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Sorry for the delay on the pics guys...better late than never!

It was a frosty morning!

Bacon and eggs a la Terry

And of course out on the ice

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-01-2010, 05:48 PM

nice pics Jay. I thought I had lost my camera but found it at the bottom of my bag after I got home.
So no pictures from me.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I kinda forgot about my camera for a while...I should have been snapping some pics of the massive perch we were pulling out of there!

I'll have to remember to take a few more next time around

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM

good pics jay, Need to get out again I think I may ditch work one day this week if anyone is interested in heading out to Wabamun let me know.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:59 PM

nice pics, Im glad we arent the only ones living in Siberia lately. I cant believe we go out in that stuff for fun!!!! but hey, it IS fun IM actually starting to hate winter a little bit less

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
nice pics, Im glad we arent the only ones living in Siberia lately. I cant believe we go out in that stuff for fun!!!! but hey, it IS fun IM actually starting to hate winter a little bit less
It was actually not too bad out that morning...felt balmy compared to the last time we went out and the high for the day never got warmer than about -32

I recall reading somewhere that ice fishermen are masochists...and I tend to agree with that idea

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 PM

I know for sure, If I didnt have a tent I wouldnt have been out probably 9 out of the 10 times Ive been out this season, maybe even 10 the shelter and heater makes all the difference in the world

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 AM

No kidding! A tent and heater are definitely on my wish list for next hardwater season

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
No kidding! A tent and heater are definitely on my wish list for next hardwater season
\I got a tent I could probably lend you for the season . I think I can trust you , I know where you fish in the SPring and summer .
Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Angry Wow, looks like I missed out!

My fault, I haven't been spending enough time keeping tabs on this site!! lol . I am so there if there is another meet up. a 2.1 if you will . I will be watching for this big time.
I am soooo jealous right now!! lol
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogman10 View Post
My fault, I haven't been spending enough time keeping tabs on this site!! lol . I am so there if there is another meet up. a 2.1 if you will . I will be watching for this big time.
I am soooo jealous right now!! lol
Well I'm heading out on thursday to wabamun if anyone wants to meet up. Or i'll be straight out from the main pier in the icebube
Old 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
\I got a tent I could probably lend you for the season . I think I can trust you , I know where you fish in the SPring and summer .
Yeah, I'm not too hard to find!

You're a good man John, and though I may not have much of a hard water season left, I'm hoping to get out on a trip with my dad, a couple of my uncles and maybe a cousin as well. All the guys get together once a year and it's been a long time since I've been able to make it out, so I'm really hoping I can make it work around this Onion Lake thing.

Anyway, if ya trust me with it, I might ask you if I can borrow it for a few days around the end of the month

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams