Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2019, 10:44 AM

Some can get away with slipping in a digoratary word during an interview

https://www.facebook.com/deen.flett?..._h4d_0&__xts__[0]=68.ARCL4cR8cz-zDrsqXLDqZ28MIRa9gwtILxVcm_gvgiiAOACpa0Ebw-JM3KUrUAvaj6wTdcfc8jQYhJ3LjHAPhKVSCHDJ8_EI4DmJT8I-ceVWiPAbJ8C66P0XMHXBYgEvN30C10oStaja0Wssv6Cpddm4II Y2tXZsGek5VCDoHr0wC0GBnpzsVDQSJBCOQL09u-eSRW0TMQoBVDDKHWlqrqcZXinbA6gNOIFDy6tdcLs_R12dc3j4 cERscykUlwTgnPmPYD4rZRqIRurlfp5ldsdI3uk9BIhDb0Whle T5sP4RycLq

Tuguy. Cree word for penis
Old 01-22-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-22-2019, 11:41 AM

I wouldn't say she "lost her mind", but it was a pretty odd exchange. I still can't figure out what made her think that the word "honey" was used. The word "employee" was uttered a few seconds prior, but other than that, I'm at a loss as to how she came to that.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
I wouldn't say she "lost her mind", but it was a pretty odd exchange. I still can't figure out what made her think that the word "honey" was used. The word "employee" was uttered a few seconds prior, but other than that, I'm at a loss as to how she came to that.

I'd say the cause was a poorly-tuned hair trigger, but I'm not sure whether such a defect can be fixed. The only fix for that is an epiphany and those can only happen when comprehension kicks in.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
There is a female checkout clerk who works at Dollarama who calls everyone Dear. Next time I'm going to have to pull a Alise Mills and say out loud, "Did you just call me dear. Did you just call me dear?"
I'm going to remember that. One particular clerk, me must hit the same Dollarama , does that all the time. Some cute chick calls you that, it's flattering, but this one doesn't fit the bill.

Grizz
Old 01-22-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
They should have immediately cut to a Gillette commercial

And Don could redirect to this excellent rebuttal add:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HL0wiK4Zc.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Banned

i might be upset if that guy called me honey too
Old 01-22-2019, 07:45 PM

I saw the thing live. It was a BS move. If she had a 'problem' maybe she should have saved her outrage and confronted the guy after they were off the air.

If I was CTV I'd delete her contact numbers from my speed dial. Let her give her opinions on the W network.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up Great display of "Control the narrative"

Alise Mills is a high profile personal brand promoter and professional communicator with business ties to senior members of Federal and Provincial political parties. She knew exactly what she was doing when she dropped the "honey" bomb. Watch it again and you can see the smirk on her face when the male peanut gallery goes dead silent.
That is what happens when you publicly interrupt the well constructed narrative of an accomplished political speaker.
Well played. They should take notes.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 01-23-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I must be crazy, when an older truck stop waitress calls me "Honey" I take it as a term of endearment and might reply with "Thank you, Dear"
and i on the other hand vehemently detest it. I can't stand it when a waitress or cashier calls me honey, darling or sweetheart.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
They should have immediately cut to a Gillette commercial
No, what they needed was an Old Spice Commercial followed by a Dodge Truck Commercial.

But seriously, this gender spear has been used to change the topic enough already.

Drewski
Old 01-23-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkaren View Post
and i on the other hand vehemently detest it. I can't stand it when a waitress or cashier calls me honey, darling or sweetheart.
While I don't really like the terms either, I figure people could be calling me worse names lol.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
While it might not be everyone’s cup of tea to be referred to in such a manner, I try to think of what their intent was when they used it. For me it’s always been friendly and a simple informal term for when they don.’t know your name. Something a bit less starchy than ‘sir’. I’m sure it’s possible to put some sarcastic stank on their use but I’ve never been the recipient (at least from a waitress, my wife on the other hand.... ).

Daisy Duke for instance can call me ‘Sugar’ any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Daisy Duke for instance can call me ‘Sugar’ any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
First time I read that I saw "Daisy Duck" and was thinking "Too much information!"

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.

Last edited by Au revoir, Gopher; 01-23-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I'm going to remember that. One particular clerk, me must hit the same Dollarama , does that all the time. Some cute chick calls you that, it's flattering, but this one doesn't fit the bill.

Grizz
Sure sounds like the same store alright.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Loosen up....you sound like one of those me too feminists caught up in politically correct nonsense. In reality she's probably thinking to herself what an axxhole you are.