Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-10-2011, 10:17 AM

Default Stolen trail camera WMU 514

Had my trail camera stolen off my bear bait north of Cold Lake sometime between 28 May and 11 Aug (left out to see what was by in the off season) and someone pried open my trail camera box and stole the camera. If you recognize the pics of the bait site please let me know who sent you the pics so we can get one less thieving *#@! out of the woods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0016.jpg (107.9 KB, 388 views)
Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

wt? is wrong with people? robin and i found someones cam a while back, and swiping it was certainly not on the list of things to do. i was considering giving them a pic of my butt, just because its funny, but taking something thats not yours just isnt right. i suspect they will have a giggle at the goofy expressions though.

good luck getting it back, but i suspect its gone.

Last edited by lilsundance; 09-10-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 AM

It would help if you posted the exact location of where that bait is............it has nothing to do with that bear. That really sucks and you even locked it and it didn't help. Some people are pretty hard up or complete a-holes I guess.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Price you pay to put cameras on crown land... won't see me ever doing it.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 PM

it wasn't me! lol.

i would rather have the photos than then camera - especially when you got a big ol' bruin like that around your bait site!

maybe invest in a locking system for the camera? I've heard some guys riggin up electrical junction boxes with their cameras inside it, then chain/locking it to the tree.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Always point another camera at the camera. Then you have them in the act!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by precloading View Post
Always point another camera at the camera. Then you have them in the act!
Unless of course, they steal both. Best advice is if you don't want to lose it, don't leave it. This one , apparently was left for two and a half months, before he noticed it was missing.

Grizz
Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 PM

I recently had 2 cards stolen from cameras I had at a lick. The boxes were screwed to the tree and locked with a combination lock, but they were defeated and only the cards were taken. Kinda bizzare, but thats ok, because they missed one! got pics of them in the act, lol. Gonna suck when we catch up with them!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
I recently had 2 cards stolen from cameras I had at a lick. The boxes were screwed to the tree and locked with a combination lock, but they were defeated and only the cards were taken. Kinda bizzare, but thats ok, because they missed one! got pics of them in the act, lol. Gonna suck when we catch up with them!
That sucks man....did you get good enough pics to identify?

LC
Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 PM

The fact that they stole the camera out of a stainless steel box lag bolted to a tree is quite annoying, but it was up to see the animals in the area, bear, moose and wolves so I could have pics for my wife to shoot something this fall out of the stand. Just leaves a sour taste.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Sad but true,i to have lost hunting equipment in 514,a tree stand $300.00 and trail camera $150.00 from same site.Then two years later two ground blinds worth about $250.00 for both plus 4 folding chairs. I have learned my lesson i don't leave nothing in the field on public land. Seems to me having to post signage around bear baits is just as good as asking for your equipment to be stolen or tampered with. But really WT? is wrong with people,we all work hard to buy the "toys" and accessories for hunting just to have some thief take it all,,,,, sorry im ****ed

Last edited by lilsundance; 09-12-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
Sad but true,i to have lost hunting equipment in 514,a tree stand $300.00 and trail camera $150.00 from same site.Then two years later two ground blinds worth about $250.00 for both plus 4 folding chairs. I have learned my lesson i don't leave nothing in the field on public land. Seems to me having to post signage around bear baits is just as good as asking for your equipment to be stolen or tampered with. But really WTF is wrong with people,we all work hard to buy the "toys" and accessories for hunting just to have some thief take it all,,,,, sorry im ****ed
I guess some work hard at stealing it? That's just ridiculous. The only thing that could be worse in the situation is if they stole your trail cam, and shot the game you've been eyeing up out of your tree stand and carted both the animal and the stand out at the end of it.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
Sad but true,i to have lost hunting equipment in 514,a tree stand $300.00 and trail camera $150.00 from same site.Then two years later two ground blinds worth about $250.00 for both plus 4 folding chairs. I have learned my lesson i don't leave nothing in the field on public land. Seems to me having to post signage around bear baits is just as good as asking for your equipment to be stolen or tampered with. But really WTF is wrong with people,we all work hard to buy the "toys" and accessories for hunting just to have some thief take it all,,,,, sorry im ****ed
Why bother going to Bass-Pro ? Sounds like some people a well stocked store in the woods, up there.

Grizz
Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM

unfortunate that we have to deal with these loosers, i guess my day will come to loose something, but so far so good, took my cam down that i had out for two weeks and had a pic of a guy walking by, he dident touch it, probaly the same guy who got a pic of me in front of his cam last year, i cant belive people sometimes, if you want a cam, go buy one, then its yours,

thanks for not steeling my cam dude, who ever you are, thats the difference between a hunter and a wana be
need some kind of locator on those so you could knock on the guys door who has it, but i guess there expensive enough now

happy hunting
HT
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Would love to see some trailcam pics of the guys stealing your cam..........
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Had my trail cam and stand up now for over a month and went and checked and all was still there!!! I would be very disipointed if I walked in and it was gone!!!!
I made a steel cage out of some round bar and leg bolted into the tree with 4 inch leg bolts......but the cage is only as strong as the lock
So I hope to find it all in place when I return for deer hunting!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
That sucks man....did you get good enough pics to identify?

LC
Ya, there is. We are gonna keep this one up our sleeves until the time is right! He's a local guy.

Tags
stolen, trail camera