Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Default Just on Twitter - RCMP "Redistributing Firearms"

Not sure what this means in full, but something has started. "Call 403-652-2356 to coordinate a pickup at checkpoints"

https://twitter.com/erikamstark
Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM

Exclamation

A word of warning to all the High River folks effected . . .

Many of the firearms 'collected' by the RCMP during their B&E's, were probably damaged in transit (e.g. thrown in the bottom of the boat, etc.).

I wouldn't officially accept any firearm back, until I gave it a 'very' close inspection.

Mac
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM

Default Very, very good advice above!

Check your firearms out thoroughly!
Old 06-30-2013, 03:08 PM

I Am sure the people of High River have nothing better to do right now. So now they have to wait in a line to receive thier stolen property back at busy checkpoints. The firearms should be delivered back to where the firearms were stolen from with an apology IMO?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 PM

A public apology.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
I Am sure the people of High River have nothing better to do right now. So now they have to wait in a line to receive thier stolen property back at busy checkpoints. The firearms should be delivered back to where the firearms were stolen from with an apology IMO?
x2. Absolutely. I can't believe the bleeding-heart Liberals who see nothing wrong with the RCMP looting an entire town. Returning property and apologizing should be considered an absolute minimum. I'd want...never mind.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 PM

The RCMP did not loot an entire town.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep dog View Post
Thats right. they only targeted the homes with firearms.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
No agreed , however looting part of the Town is simply unacceptable and yet another embarrassment for Canada's National Police Force .

They should maybe follow their stated Values and Ethics. Make No mistake I still value the RCMP . But some of the Decision making process made by the upper brass is astonishing.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eth/index-eng.htm
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM

If only the GRC(Gestapo Royale du Canada)could continue lying with a straight face, they might have a chance. We have heard too many of these lies and confabulations from them, that by now we should know better. Things got worse when cretin appointed then commissioner Zachardelli as an associate minister. Suddenly the once venerated force became an arm of government and a quasi political institution. Their independence was totally compromised, and are now subject to the whims of politicians, who are as we all know are the most honest band of thieves in the land. These are the words of a retired Staff Sergeant who shut it down because of the BS, after 35 years of honorable service!!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Thats right. they only targeted the homes with firearms.
How did they do that? Remember, the LGR is no longer.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
A word of warning to all the High River folks effected . . .

Many of the firearms 'collected' by the RCMP during their B&E's, were probably damaged in transit (e.g. thrown in the bottom of the boat, etc.).

I wouldn't officially accept any firearm back, until I gave it a 'very' close inspection.

Mac
Agreed , I am sure they were not treated with TLC . If I was an Firearms Owner affected in High River and my weapon was seized ( sorry secured) and damaged I would be inclined to lodge a complaint.

http://www.cpc-cpp.gc.ca/
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
From another thread

Quote:
I had a friend try to retrieve his gun and no go. They are worried about people's "state of mind" from events of the disaster. Depression from losing homes, anger from the constant dropping of the ball by authorities and being caught in lies and mistruths. When asked when they would be able to get it back...shrug. When asked what proof of ownership meant, and if and address would suffice if they were the sole occupant of that house...registration papers.
Apparently some RCMP personnel are unaware that the LGR is no longer.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
From another thread

Apparently some RCMP personnel are unaware that the LGR is no longer.
That could be the case. Even so, the LGR data is gone. So the question remains.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
But all holders of PAL's and RPAL's are in a data base!
It's call CPIC!

Pull you heads outta your back sides, sure LGR is supposed to be gone, that boondoggle was just one list out of many!

If it comes to fruition that only homes of those who held firearms licences were targeted, that my friends is blatant profiling, and a form of bias based on our chosen legal pursuits, which spells legal action!

If any property was damaged while in police control, that spells legal action.

If no other high priced valuables were collected by the GRC then there statement about securing items if high value is just utter BS, so again legal action.

This whole gong show is far from over....

There are no absolutes
Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 PM

Holders of a PAL don't necessarily hold a RPAL, correct? I don't.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
If only the GRC(Gestapo Royale du Canada)could continue lying with a straight face, they might have a chance. We have heard too many of these lies and confabulations from them, that by now we should know better. Things got worse when cretin appointed then commissioner Zachardelli as an associate minister. Suddenly the once venerated force became an arm of government and a quasi political institution. Their independence was totally compromised, and are now subject to the whims of politicians, who are as we all know are the most honest band of thieves in the land. These are the words of a retired Staff Sergeant who shut it down because of the BS, after 35 years of honorable service!!!!
GRC(Gestapo Royale du Canada)-LOL
Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM

If you've got a firearms licence your guaranteed to be on the list. Er I men in CPIC!
PAL, RPAL, prohib PAL, it don't matter, they know who you are.

Registering a portion of the populace because of a belief, or a following, gee where has that been done before!

There are no absolutes
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM

Default Rcmp

In all fairness. It is the ones who ordered this that should be held accountable. Spent the day there and there are allot of fine people (RCMP members doing as ordered included) doing a hell of a job. Just my opinion
Old 06-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccam1 View Post
In all fairness. It is the ones who ordered this that should be held accountable. Spent the day there and there are allot of fine people (RCMP members doing as ordered included) doing a hell of a job. Just my opinion
Just following orders is not a legal defence. Following an illegal order is illegal.
Issuing an illegal order is just that.

The whole scheme stinks top to bottom, sure some of the tasks performed by the GRC's are worthy, but unfortunately trampling upon civil liberties, and running rip shod over property rights, and seizing property just because someone says so, will over shadow the good already done.

A few good deeds does not counter the travisty of civil, property, and collective rights!

Saying its ok is saying you want to be ruled like some medevil surf!

Stand up now or bend over and take it!

There are no absolutes
Old 06-30-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
If you've got a firearms licence your guaranteed to be on the list. Er I men in CPIC!
PAL, RPAL, prohib PAL, it don't matter, they know who you are.

Registering a portion of the populace because of a belief, or a following, gee where has that been done before!
The RCMP referred to the CPIC to "seize" firearms? Why?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:50 PM

Default Rcmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Just following orders is not a legal defence. Following an illegal order is illegal.
Issuing an illegal order is just that.

The whole scheme stinks top to bottom, sure some of the tasks performed by the GRC's are worthy, but unfortunately trampling upon civil liberties, and running rip shod over property rights, and seizing property just because someone says so, will over shadow the good already done.

A few good deeds does not counter the travisty of civil, property, and collective rights!

Saying its ok is saying you want to be ruled like some medevil surf!

Stand up now or bend over and take it!
Did not say I agree with what happened. Did not say this was not wrong. Been many places and have seen far worse things than this. Just mentioned that I was on the ground there and saw the good that is also happening and am glad I can look at both sides without blowing a head gasket.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The RCMP referred to the CPIC to "seize" firearms? Why?
C'mon, they refer to CPIC when they pull you over!

I am done explaining to you, so you can retort with utter drivel, as if you want to drag me into some sort of side bar conversation.

It ain't happening.

If only firearm licence holders homes were targetted( still waiting to here) how prey tell would they have known where to go. CPIC, illegal registry, or crystal ball, it still shows gross abuse of power.

It's not right, it never will be, or shall I say we should never allow it to be allowed.

Stand up to intrusions upon your life and those things you hold close to your heart. Else risk loosing then!

There are no absolutes
Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 PM

Gosh. So now the people who are living in shelters or at a relative's or in a hotel have to worry about how to store their long gun. The RCMP removed it from a perfectly safe location in a residence and now the poor buqgers that pick up their guns at the checkpoint have to find a way to store it out of sight until they are allowed to go back to their residence.

Seriously - where do these people come from? Are they aliens? Doesn't anyone in the rcmp brass have enough common sense to think about the next logical step in this sequence???? It's like a comedy show. Except they're 100% serious.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
That could be the case. Even so, the LGR data is gone. So the question remains.
If anyone actually thinks it's really gone they are fooling themselves. It was a database. Every single backup, every programmer's test copy of data so on and so forth would have to be completely destroyed.

I work with database application development on a daily basis and there is no chance it's gone. Many private copies still exist today.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzz30tt View Post
If anyone actually thinks it's really gone they are fooling themselves. It was a database. Every single backup, every programmer's test copy of data so on and so forth would have to be completely destroyed.

I work with database application development on a daily basis and there is no chance it's gone. Many private copies still exist today.
That's what I was expecting to hear. Thanks for you time.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That's what I was expecting to hear. Thanks for you time.
Congrats? You seem to think that people care for your opinions.

Try something of substance next time rather than trying to provoke people for the sake of provoking them.

Troll troll troll your boat much?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:38 PM

This may be a dumb question (sorry, I've been very busy at work the last couple weeks and have only heard bits and pieces), but how did they go about confiscating these firearms? Did they go door to door forcing people to turn them over, or did they actually break down doors after the homeowners had evacuated? Did they forcibly open (damage/destroy) gun cabinets/safes etc.?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
This may be a dumb question (sorry, I've been very busy at work the last couple weeks and have only heard bits and pieces), but how did they go about confiscating these firearms? Did they go door to door forcing people to turn them over, or did they actually break down doors after the homeowners had evacuated? Did they forcibly open (damage/destroy) gun cabinets/safes etc.?
from what I've heard they were forcibly entering some homes with breaching tools supplied by the military and using a locksmith for some. They claim to only have taken guns left out in the open while they were in the process of looking for survivors...ie: the gun grabbing was incidental to other tasks, and that they did not go looking through closets etc specifically looking for guns, although one of the members on the forum has already noted that they took his sons rifle from a case that was in the corner of a closet in a hard case behind clothes and covered with a blanket. Guns locked in safes/cabinets were apparently left alone. As far as anyone knows so far anyway.

Gun grabbing was done 4 days after evacuation, and before anyone was allowed to return to their homes.

They also claim that they did NOT sniff any panties left behind unless they were out in the open.

Firearms owners are cautioned to throw away their toothbrushes and are not to use them under any circumstances.

Last edited by rugatika; 06-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Kind of makes a person wonder, doesn't it? I mean, how many people have guns just lying around, out in the open? Especially when they've left their homes due to an evacuation order. Hmmmmm........???