Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Default Seeking recomendations for Evinrude outboard parts

I'm in Calgary. I've built several small block ford motors and "played" with a previous Evinrude OB but this one needs leg seals and probably a carb rebuild. (It's leaking like a sieve)

Most of the boat places in town I call tell me to pound sand and they only work on inboards anymore. When I ask about parts or lubricants for my outboard they tell me they don't deal with Evinrude/Johnson products.

Any suggestions for a Calgary place that I can go and get parts over the counter? I would assume leg seals and carb gasket kits are pretty standards items most folks would carry.. I'm not adverse to online ordering but I havent had good expereiences in the past. Some idiot transposes a part # and I end up with a bunch of o-rings

Let me know what you recommend and I'll give it a try..

Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM

I couldn't find parts anywhere in Calgary for my '96 Nissan outboard so I ordered from www.boats.net and had no issues other than one item that was back ordered which I received 1 week after I got the rest of the parts I ordered. Found their prices very reasonable too.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 PM

I went to B&L Marine for parts (seals, etc) for my old ('64) Evinrude about a half dozen years ago. They were very helfpul; helped me figure out what I needed and got me all the parts.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 PM

I have also used the boats.net and had great success and decent prices with them.

You couldn't pay me enough to step into B&L. Winner of worst dealership winner 25 years in a row. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Call tracker parts at bass pro . Top notch guys there .
Old 09-05-2012, 01:17 AM

http://www.lordshipmarine.com/parts/?sub=parts_new
I've used boats.net this year with no complaints other than shipping costs. This company above is out of Vancouver and although I've not used them I have heard good things about them. Boatmart in Red Deer has given me good service and usually has the parts I need within a week. B&L, well I've been waiting for a seal since July and still haven't got it. Funny thing was I ordered it from him because I didn't want to wait for boats.net to mail it. My bad.
Rick.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 PM

X2 on Boatmart, Red Deer ,Nothing but bad experiences with B&L!!! Will never visit them again!!! EVER!

Tags
calgary, evinrude, outboard, parts, repair