Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Sitting Bull

Default Want to buy first boat. recommendations please

Hi everybody.
Well I would like to buy a boat this year and I really have not got a clue as to what I am doing.I am not a fisherman.I have no experience on the water other than a canoe and very little at that. I am basicaly looking for something portable and easy to handle just to putts around the lakes when the wife and I go camping a couple of times a summer.
i am considering either an aluminum or an inflatable, or porta-boat.We are not interested in speed just safe and fun and easy to store.I am leaning towards an inflatable.
I would welcome your opinions and pros and cons of either as well as experience.
Thanks and have a good night.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM
7 REM MAG

inflatable zodiak
Old 02-25-2007, 12:41 AM
huntercam

A buddy of mine had a inflatable zodiac with a 40 horse yamaha on it is was a great boat a verrrry safe was in it many times on some very rought wateri t would be a graet starter boat..

Cam
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 AM
kanonfodder

I agree a zodiac would be the way to go, easy to assemble, durable and a hoot to use, it also gives a nice stable platform to fish from and is able to get up creeks well put a 20 on it should be fine......always a display at the sportsman show...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 AM
ULTRAlite

Came across these guys recently - much better prices than Zodiak, and they seem to have a good history...

No experience with them but that might change this spring...
www.seaeagle.com/MotormountBoats.aspx