Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
dunno why my g`s came out as and h in my last post.. lol.. dang cell phones. But ya i will be talking to them soon. If it goes well... maybe could turn it into an annual AO pig hunt.
pm when you know you want to go, ill see if my bro wants in too. probably best to only make these kinds of plans when cash is in the hand. i wouldnt want to get stuck with a no show.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:40 PM

www.hogwild.ab.ca I know it's safe to post this now as they pay for adds with Alberta Outdoorsmen and have their cabin littered with magazines for the same reason... They have ads in the regs every year as well in the back. I can't believe some guys can come in here bashing on them when they put back into the whole organization of hunting as well, all cause they think it's a canned hunt. Don't shoot the canned animals if they excape the fence then, they are tame! LOL, come try and pet one of these pigs!

On the same token, they had Pickles, a raised colored wild boar on the farm for a while and you wouldn't know he was from a wild stock! He stayed on the farm until he left to a new home. Them pigs can be super smart when they want to be!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
pm when you know you want to go, ill see if my bro wants in too. probably best to only make these kinds of plans when cash is in the hand. i wouldnt want to get stuck with a no show.
Ya for sure, Probably let people get through X-MAS first and thden make a post about whos who and who wants to go etc etc.

Im looking forward to it already. Mmmmmmmmmm....Bacon!!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 AM

Ive already booked my weekend for 6 guys! They charge 100$ per per hunter to reserve the dates!
For anyone who is thinking of doing this, just call Early or Deb, they are absolutely fantactic to deal with. Earl answered all my questions over the phone and Deb is sending me a updated pamphlet package!
Deb told me their new website will be up and running in january!
Good luck boys, ill post pics when we get back from Hog Wild
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
Ive already booked my weekend for 6 guys! They charge 100$ per per hunter to reserve the dates!
For anyone who is thinking of doing this, just call Early or Deb, they are absolutely fantactic to deal with. Earl answered all my questions over the phone and Deb is sending me a updated pamphlet package!
Deb told me their new website will be up and running in january!
Good luck boys, ill post pics when we get back from Hog Wild
what dates did you pick?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
Has anyone ever hunted with Hog Wild out of Mayerthorpe? If so how was the hunt? Did you shoot big hogs?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, also some photos would be great!
Quite a few of the guys that I work with head over to Hogwild every year. They rave about it for weeks afterwards when they get back. I finally had a chance to go myself last March. Needless to say I was thrilled with the whole experience. I usually have to work like a dog to have any kind of success out in the field. The Hagmans rolled out the welcome mat and It felt awesome. One of the best and most memorable experiences I've had in two decades. I brought my vid cam with me and took a little bit of footage over there. I'm no expert on making movies but it'll kind of give you and idea of the experience that I had. Hope it helps & I'm pretty sure you won't be disapointed if you go.

http://vimeo.com/17843622
Old 12-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Awesome video Popcan - really gives an idea of the terrain & type of shooting to expect. Your wolf video is terrific too!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Awesome video Popcan - really gives an idea of the terrain & type of shooting to expect. Your wolf video is terrific too!
x2 Awesome videos!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 AM

Nice video! Looks like a great place for traditional bowhunting
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Im going the last weekend in march!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 AM

Awesome video representing Hog Wild Popcan! Thanks for posting, very well made!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcan View Post
Quite a few of the guys that I work with head over to Hogwild every year. They rave about it for weeks afterwards when they get back. I finally had a chance to go myself last March. Needless to say I was thrilled with the whole experience. I usually have to work like a dog to have any kind of success out in the field. The Hagmans rolled out the welcome mat and It felt awesome. One of the best and most memorable experiences I've had in two decades. I brought my vid cam with me and took a little bit of footage over there. I'm no expert on making movies but it'll kind of give you and idea of the experience that I had. Hope it helps & I'm pretty sure you won't be disapointed if you go.

awesome vids

timba
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcan View Post

i didn't know they made hubble telescopes to fit onto rifles, be curious what rings you chose for that beast....you like aiming at the fleas or something?

nice vids

that might be a good place for the savage 220f slugger and new bow to head out, will have to give them a shout, sounds like fun, a friend did it years ago and said it was a blast too