Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2023, 05:28 PM
Banned

Thumbs up David Johnston resigns as foreign interference special rapporteur

David Johnston resigns as foreign interference special rapporteur

Foreign interference special rapporteur David Johnston has resigned, CTV News has confirmed. In a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Johnston cited the intense politicization of his appointment and work, as the reason for his coming departure.

"I encourage you to appoint a respected person, with national security experience, to complete the work that I recommended in my first report. Ideally you would consult with opposition parties to identify suitable candidates to lead this effort," Johnston said, nearly parroting the suggestions that have been made by opposition parties for weeks.

"A deep and comprehensive review of foreign interference, its effects, and how to prevent it, should be an urgent priority for your government and our Parliament," Johnston said in his resignation letter.

The former governor general's decision to step aside now is being welcomed by opposition leaders, who are using his abdication as an opportunity to revive calls for Trudeau to launch a public inquiry.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/davi...teur-1.6435115
Old 06-09-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
David Johnston resigns as foreign interference special rapporteur

Foreign interference special rapporteur David Johnston has resigned, CTV News has confirmed. In a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Johnston cited the intense politicization of his appointment and work, as the reason for his coming departure.

"I encourage you to appoint a respected person, with national security experience, to complete the work that I recommended in my first report. Ideally you would consult with opposition parties to identify suitable candidates to lead this effort," Johnston said, nearly parroting the suggestions that have been made by opposition parties for weeks.

"A deep and comprehensive review of foreign interference, its effects, and how to prevent it, should be an urgent priority for your government and our Parliament," Johnston said in his resignation letter.

The former governor general's decision to step aside now is being welcomed by opposition leaders, who are using his abdication as an opportunity to revive calls for Trudeau to launch a public inquiry.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/davi...teur-1.6435115
No...someone neutral that has absolutely nothing to do with Trudeau will work I reckon...
Old 06-09-2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
No...someone neutral that has absolutely nothing to do with Trudeau will work I reckon...
Or we can just stop paying trudolt stooges and proceed with the public inquiry that should have been done in the 1st place.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:01 PM

Is Brenda Lucki still available? He knows that she follows orders, is willing to lie to the public, and bend/break the law.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-09-2023, 06:07 PM

It's amazing that even the liberals are resigning because they can't stand the STINK of THE TURD anymore, if the TURD had 1 shed of decency he would resign and fade off to some obscure place

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:18 PM

Scum bled the system for some cash, fled before the scum scrubber showed up to crucify him

Surprised? Not at all.

Then again, Trudeau could have appointed St Peter and I would have been suspicious of that too....because I dont trust them
Old 06-09-2023, 06:50 PM

Is that Judy Wilson Raybould lady still hanging around? She would be a fine special raptor (or whatever spell check converts it to). Is it possible that JT is running out of folks that can bend truth to make him look clean and competent (it's a BIG BIG job).

If it helps, I have some free time to help him pack and get lost sooner. The quicker the better. Might even have some spare boxes for his stuff.

Love to see the next puppet he recruits
Old 06-09-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big zeke View Post
Is that Judy Wilson Raybould lady still hanging around? She would be a fine special raptor (or whatever spell check converts it to). Is it possible that JT is running out of folks that can bend truth to make him look clean and competent (it's a BIG BIG job).

If it helps, I have some free time to help him pack and get lost sooner. The quicker the better. Might even have some spare boxes for his stuff.

Love to see the next puppet he recruits
Or there’s a public inquiry. Anything else won’t look very good for lieberals and only deteriorate the situation they’ve gotten themselves into. Won’t be surprised if turdud calls an election. It’s the only potential way out for them and polls won’t get better for them from here on in.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Or there’s a public inquiry. Anything else won’t look very good for lieberals and only deteriorate the situation they’ve gotten themselves into. Won’t be surprised if turdud calls an election. It’s the only potential way out for them and polls won’t get better for them from here on in.
Even better, how about the dippers pull their (blind) support of the turd and then we get an election that way. Keep in mind JagMeat has been living the fantasy life of running government by propping up the Lieberals. If the dippers don't act to bring the government down they are just as bad.

But can the dippers afford an election? How about the Libs? No point in triggering an election you can't afford to play in
Old 06-09-2023, 07:38 PM

Should have recused himself when he was first asked. The conflict of interest is obvious
Old 06-09-2023, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Should have recused himself when he was first asked. The conflict of interest is obvious
Just goes to show how these slimy overlords have no shame. Just another example of the disdain and lack of respect they have for the public.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big zeke View Post
Even better, how about the dippers pull their (blind) support of the turd and then we get an election that way. Keep in mind JagMeat has been living the fantasy life of running government by propping up the Lieberals. If the dippers don't act to bring the government down they are just as bad.

But can the dippers afford an election? How about the Libs? No point in triggering an election you can't afford to play in
The problem lies in that Jag needs these last two years to get his golden pension. Gotta hang on for that to hell with what is good for the country and the people in it!
Old 06-09-2023, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
The problem lies in that Jag needs these last two years to get his golden pension. Gotta hang on for that to hell with what is good for the country and the people in it!
Nailed it!

BW
Old 06-09-2023, 10:48 PM

sigh, i was really hoping them hanging all their hopes on johnsons neck would be the thing to take down this government. Now they can pull a "we did things, please keep voting up cause conservative is evil" and get away with it. I hope history holds the turd accountable because this country never will
Old 06-10-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Scum bled the system for some cash, fled before the scum scrubber showed up to crucify him

Surprised? Not at all.

Then again, Trudeau could have appointed St Peter and I would have been suspicious of that too....because I dont trust them
That statement, is a beautiful thing.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:45 AM

A lot of time and effort and money would be saved if they just skipped over to the inquiry. However, you know their inquiry will just be liberal friendly folks with not much interest in national security, when they’ve got a bag of cash in their hand. And the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:50 AM

I’ll take every laugh I can get at the liars.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:11 AM

The WEF puppet Libs need to be gone.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:14 AM

Yup another huge waste of money, no matter what happens moron will apologize and say hes standing up for what canadians want and we will continue on.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:29 AM

Things were getting hot in Ottawa for the Turd yesterday afternoon. Reporters were banging his door for a comment on the Johnston resignation.

In true Trudeau fashion he runs out the back door, scoops up Freeland, and they jet off to Kiev to give Zelensky another $500 million. That moron is so predictable. When Trudeau is backed into a tough spot, he will double down on his punishment to Canada.

I said it the day Trudeau was elected that Canada would be destroyed as we knew it. Dare tell me I was wrong.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Surprised? Not at all.

Not only that, but don’t former Governor Generals literally get a pay cheque till death?
Old 06-11-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
Not only that, but don’t former Governor Generals literally get a pay cheque till death?
And a large expense account

Mr Conservation
Old 06-11-2023, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Things were getting hot in Ottawa for the Turd yesterday afternoon. Reporters were banging his door for a comment on the Johnston resignation.

In true Trudeau fashion he runs out the back door, scoops up Freeland, and they jet off to Kiev to give Zelensky another $500 million. That moron is so predictable. When Trudeau is backed into a tough spot, he will double down on his punishment to Canada.

I said it the day Trudeau was elected that Canada would be destroyed as we knew it. Dare tell me I was wrong.
I have said for year JT will go down in history as "The Destroyer of Canada" many scoffed, not so many any more!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
This and when in the direct spotlight more dirt can be dug up on you from the past so best to lay low and slither......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-12-2023, 08:56 AM

Watching the Libs handle this scandal just gets more and more frustrating. Now their guy has quit and its still only about the opposition parties being partisan. Forget getting to the bottom of the interference, how deep it goes and harassment of our MP's families. Sure makes one think el presidente has a lot to hide that he is doing everything but calling a inquiry.

My prediction, they will call an inquiry soon but put so many restrictions on what the inquiry can do, it will mean nothing anyway. And the sheep will be appeased.

I do think Harper would not have tip toed around the issue like Turdo has.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:27 PM
Banned

Talking

Ottawa opens the door for public inquiry into foreign interference

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/ot...014530624.html
Old 06-12-2023, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Ottawa opens the door for public inquiry into foreign interference

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/ot...014530624.html
The liberals obviously have another plan to manipulate the outcome.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:59 PM

Johnson was the fox whose job was to guard the henhouse. Only in a banana republic like CanaDUH would something like this even be attempted.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:00 PM

It really doesn’t matter what the outcome of this is because it will probably end up being Harpers fault.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:19 PM

How many public friends are they having on this inquiry board?

Good luck!