Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 01:42 PM

Default Nikon Monarch 7 vs Vortex Razor HD

Buying my first pair of good binos. I'm enticed by Vortex's idiot proof warranty and I'm impressed by the Vortex scope I have.

Cabela's counter guy told me about Nikon having the same idiot proof warranty as well now on their Monarch 7s.

Anyone have any experience with this? How about quality of the Monarch 7 vs Razor HD?
Old 01-27-2018, 03:34 PM

I bought the monarch 7 in 10x42. Personally I have never liked vortex products, they have an excellent warranty that you will most likely have to use (personal experience). The only binos that I could actually tell were clearer than my Nikon’s were my buddies Swarovskis, and the difference is so minor most probably couldn’t tell. Even in low light they are literally just as good to my eye. I would say get the Nikon’s, can’t beat them for the price.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:50 PM

I have the monarch 5 10x42 and love them!!

x2 for the Nikon

V
Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 PM

I the Razors and love them. Can't remember if I looked at the Nikons when buying binos. If you can buy each set from a store like Cabelas take them home and.look through both sets outside in low light. One should be better for your eyes if you can't tell the difference keep the cheaper ones and return the other ones.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard