Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

Default Kent Hehr resigns

https://globalnews.ca/news/3986503/k...t-allegations/

All that money and effort to elect this guy and lose a good MP in Joan Crockett. I hope the people of Calgary centre understand how bad they screwed this up.

Congrats people you were bought and paid for.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:37 PM

good that piece of

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM

Sounds like all you'd have to do is change a couple of letters in his first name and....voila.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Banned

Hehr is a bucket of poop juice! He was recruited into federal politics by Trudeau for no other reason than he was in a wheelchair. He was an abject failure as Minister of Veterans Affairs and was thusly removed and demoted from that file and given a much lower and less important file. He then loused that up too.

This was the last straw, the thalidomide comments, comments to the spouse of a veteran and now this.

All that being said, politics is likely the only profession in the country where one can be pilloried in the public eye, publicly embarrassed, have your reputation destroyed,be forced to resign/fired and lose your career, potentially your livelihood all due to alleged comments/actions from years earlier without any due process.

Not sad to see Hehr go, he was a terrible MP.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 PM

That's awesome news, he was my MP! Hopefully someone less left of Centre gets to fill the position.

Of crap, I read that too briefly. He's just resigning from cabinet, not from his position as my MP
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM

He's still an MP. He has only stepped down from cabinet.
Quote:
Liberal MP Kent Hehr has resigned from the federal cabinet over sexual harassment allegations but will continue to sit in the party caucus.
I wonder if the Libs will let him run in the next election. It'd be nice to watch him lose.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Hehr is a bucket of poop juice! He was recruited into federal politics by Trudeau for no other reason than he was in a wheelchair. He was an abject failure as Minister of Veterans Affairs and was thusly removed and demoted from that file and given a much lower and less important file. He then loused that up too.

This was the last straw, the thalidomide comments, comments to the spouse of a veteran and now this.

All that being said, politics is likely the only profession in the country where one can be pilloried in the public eye, publicly embarrassed, have your reputation destroyed,be forced to resign/fired and lose your career, potentially your livelihood all due to alleged comments/actions from years earlier without any due process.

Not sad to see Hehr go, he was a terrible MP.
and after all the slime oozzes to the top the libs still like to call themselves " The Rite Honourable "
Old 01-25-2018, 05:38 PM

Default I hope that they get all of them

This has been going on as long as I can remember and that's a long time. This purge is long over do. It exists in the corporate sector, government service and as we see politics.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:42 PM

I predict that the investigation will show no wrongdoing, and he will soon be back in his cabinet position.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I predict that the investigation will show no wrongdoing, and he will soon be back in his cabinet position.
In step with recent events, I predict if the investigation finds him guilty, he will soon be back in cabinet.....
Old 01-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
This has been going on as long as I can remember and that's a long time. This purge is long over do. It exists in the corporate sector, government service and as we see politics.
Nobody is forcing these females to stay in their position if they find themselves the result of harassment. (Edit-let me clarify, overt, unrelenting harassment is obviously disgusting behavior. I am implying the cutthroat banter that is present at every workplace is becoming the target of many of these accusations.)

It is a witch hunt IMO.

Before you all pile on with the hate, this whole movement will not end in a good way. I agree that there might be a toxic culture in some work environments, but we are not headed in the right direction either.

Last edited by Newview01; 01-25-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Nobody is forcing these females to stay in their position if they find themselves the result of harassment.
Wow.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Wow.
Spit it out. There is harassment of all types in every career path possible. Why the focus on one type?
Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
In step with recent events, I predict if the investigation finds him guilty, he will soon be back in cabinet.....
Of course you are correct. Found guilty, but no penalty, just like his boss.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM

Can only hope the rest of them resign, including the PM............Sad days in Canada indeed
Old 01-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

This article helps bring my point across in terms of how far the movement has come.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/chri...vulnerable/amp
Old 01-25-2018, 07:56 PM
Banned

Here are some real world results of all this.

Drinks with a HR guy yesterday. Says NO FEMALES hired. Actually hiring slightly less qualified men in order to save on the hassles.

This is the HR director of a 100 person company.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Drinks with a HR guy yesterday. Says NO FEMALES hired. Actually hiring slightly less qualified men in order to save on the hassles.

Christmas parties / work functions being cancelled with increasing frequency due to potential issues.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:19 PM

I googled one accuser who said Hehr told her in an elevator that she "looked yummy" and of the things that popped up were of course some supportive messages. Now of course that's fine but I think some hastags were a bit over the top such as #itsnotyourfault, as though she had been seriously assaulted. The guy said some creepy things, I doubt anyone targeted by his sweaty leers and comments would be blaming themselves or feeling much more than "Ew!"

Creepy come-ons from a paraplegic fat guy are not exactly rape.

Q: When is the bandwagon rolling through for the hysterical empathy towards men who were targeted by creepy stalker-ish women?

A: Who cares, we got over it! Then we razzed our pal who had been the target of the most recent double-coyote

As for the 'double coyote' reference, perhaps that needs some explaining. An old joke goes: "What's the difference between a woman who rates a single-coyote to one who rates a double-coyote?"

The single-coyote is when you wake up very hung-over next to a woman who is so repellant that you chew off your own arm rather than risk waking her to get it out from under her.

A double-coyote is when she's so gross that you chew off the one arm to avoid waking her, and then also chew off your other arm so as not to repeat the mistake!!

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-25-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Lol but equality! Gender gap! Lolz too funny.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Creepy come-ons from a paraplegic fat guy are not exactly rape.
I was thinking rather the same, but thought it would be unkind to state it.

But yeah, the man's abilities to cross lines are a bit limited...

This one will serve as a bit of a litmus test.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post

This incident has shown our leader’s true colours in terms of a “test”.

He “spoke” with Kent Hehr, but proceeded to lambast Patrick Brown.

If we can’t see the agenda here, we deserve to be a part of it.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:13 PM

^ speaking of that, is there no thread about Brown or did I just miss it?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post

I'm a bit less worried about noting his disability as he has certainly reached higher occupational levels with it than he probably would have without it. Think of the undecided voters thought processes at the polling station: "Hmm, that poor crippled guy could use a break, I'll vote for him" or the voter who is a slave to being PC "I'd better vote for him or it will mean that I'm bigoted against the lesser-abled"

I'll criticize him as equally as anyone else, its the only way to truly treat someone with respect regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, ethnicity, etc. Don't ever hold back legitimate criticism because of window dressing, because THAT is not treating people equally.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:10 PM
Banned

This is the kind of thing that you can expect when you give someone a job based on being handicapped rather than their ability to do the job. Let’s face it, as politically incorrect it is to say, he was merely a prop for Justin’s diversified cabinet because it’s 2015......mic drop. Paraplegic or not the guy was a disaster from the get go and apparently a creep as well.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Yup blame it on mental illness or something like that and he like other crooks will be back at it....poop circle of life...some leave marks in the bowl.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-26-2018, 06:10 AM
Banned

I don't like the guy one bit but God help me when the technology comes that women can hear my inside voice. I think a lot of us will be in trouble. Lol
Old 01-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Banned

Listening to the radio they always say "Alberta mp" never liberal mp gee wonder why....
Old 01-26-2018, 06:26 AM

It'll be easy for Trulander to oust him....he's from Calgary.....no real threat of voter repercussions and The Little Potato (as the Chinese refer to him) will appear to be serious on harassment.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Nobody is forcing these females to stay in their position if they find themselves the result of harassment. (Edit-let me clarify, overt, unrelenting harassment is obviously disgusting behavior. I am implying the cutthroat banter that is present at every workplace is becoming the target of many of these accusations.)

It is a witch hunt IMO.

Before you all pile on with the hate, this whole movement will not end in a good way. I agree that there might be a toxic culture in some work environments, but we are not headed in the right direction either.
I agree that this whole #metoo thing is getting out of hand. Yes, people should be treated with respect all the time, in a perfect world. Public figures have a higher standard, especially politicians, except of course the Twit-in-chief, who appears to be exempt. I dislike the guilty-until-proven-innocent direction society is taking, fueled by the social media vigilantes. Even if some of these people are found NOT guilty in a court of law, their lives are ruined. I can remember numerous incidents of "lewd" or "inappropriate" behaviour, especially in my university years...maybe I should track some of these guys down and ruin their lives!!!!

I found this interesting article about Margaret Atwood, who dared to criticize the #metoo movement, and subsequently got slammed by a bunch of PO'd wimmin. But I agree with her.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...backlash-metoo

Oh, and if the PCs were in power, this would be happening to them ,too...

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!