Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
You all are saying it would be OK if I steal your property with next to nothing for recourse?

Everyone that thinks this is OK can you PM me your addresses and let me know when you will not be home.

Don’t worry I’ll take good care of your stuff.

Did you read the article?
Pretty well everything was returned, the majority of the restitution was to repay the two fellows who bought two of the stolen tractors.
+ It sounds like he is going to be sued for additional damages from the dealerships he stole from.
Considering he is diagnosed with a mental illness I assume he will be treated for that too (just like in a regular prison)

Is that good for recourse?

He goes to prison nobody gets anything + tax payers foot the bill for his stay.

Is that better recourse?

Everybody on here wanting him to go to a taxpayer funded resort must have voted for the current Alberta government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2018, 09:47 AM

It's good to know that all of the thousands of trucks stolen this year can be returned to the owners and the thief (scumbag)!can say sorry and return them to avoid harsher penalties.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

I say let him have his house arrest but in the middle of the night load up his cow herd and take they to the slaughter house. Have the cops be too busy to investigate and then have him feel the pain he caused others.
Let him figure out how he plans to rebuild his life.

Who knows maybe the machinery is the only thing they know was stolen. Maybe half of his herd are rustled cattle with new tags .
Old 01-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledin View Post
Did you read the article?
Pretty well everything was returned, the majority of the restitution was to repay the two fellows who bought two of the stolen tractors.
+ It sounds like he is going to be sued for additional damages from the dealerships he stole from.
Considering he is diagnosed with a mental illness I assume he will be treated for that too (just like in a regular prison)

Is that good for recourse?

He goes to prison nobody gets anything + tax payers foot the bill for his stay.

Is that better recourse?

Everybody on here wanting him to go to a taxpayer funded resort must have voted for the current Alberta government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many farmers not just businesses had stuff stolen from them as well. Everyone these days have a mental illness of sorts yet you think this is an excuse to steal with no repercussions? The guy pretended he didn't remember any of the thefts. He can't even accept responsibility and you want to give this guy a free pass? House arrest doesnt automatically mean police can search your house and intrude on your life. It means he needs to abide by a few extra rules while living at home.

Assuming hes got a decent amount of land then his house arrest is not a deterrent. He can do anything he wants at home while still travelling the province for many different excuses he will make up.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:35 AM
Banned

I'm a bit surprised that every other thread on thieves gets bombarded by guys wishing for new stand your ground laws. The vast majority threaten to shoot the thieves on sight or deal with intruders a certain way.

Now here we have guys defending a super light sentence and not a peep on taking the thieves out....

Never thought id see this day.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:41 AM

I believe this guy is a purebred Angus breeder. The seedstock business is very much a trust and relationship based industry. His may well end up having sort of a life sentence. Anyone care to make a deal with him based on his word ....
Old 01-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
You all are saying it would be OK if I steal your property with next to nothing for recourse?
Everyone that thinks this is OK can you PM me your addresses and let me know when you will not be home.
Don’t worry I’ll take good care of your stuff.
Not me bud, I believe in accountability, seems this site is gettin overrun with snowflakes, “oh let’s let him just stay at home let’s try that” oh ya that’ll learn’em! The theme of this thread is if you steal 1.2 million dollars it’s ok, don’t worry about it, just a little teeny weeny mistake. The fact that the majority of the stolen goods was returned is irrelevant, he should be in a cage with the animals just like him. The whole thing reminds me of when Pablo Escobar made his own jail, what joke, what’s even funnier is all the people who actually think this is a good idea!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
May I suggest something a bit more useful than riding a bike? Possibly picking litter, scrubbing graphite, picking noxious weeds, etc.
100% agree
Old 01-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
How do you know he won’t steal again? He is obviously a kleptomaniac, he will never stop, he gets a “rush” from it, the same way a serial killer does, that’s his thing obviously, like really, the writings on the wall. Not doing a thing about it, well that’s just plain irresponsible! 1.2 million is a major crime. Too many people today have your attitude, oh the poor baby, “he 100% will not steal” give me a freekin break!!!!!! I bet you’d be cryin if he stole 1.2 million of your stuff!!
Once again as with many of your comments, you have not read or understand what was said. I wrote he 100% will not steal WHILE HE IS IN JAIL.....
Old 01-28-2018, 12:25 PM

Canada doesn’t have a “justice system”
Canada has a “legal system”
For everyone who says it’s a “petty crime”, try telling that to the guys who in good faith, bought the stolen goods from the thief - only to have them seized by police and returned to the owners... yes, there’s an order that he has to pay restitution for their losses - but have any of you tried to enforce a restitution order?
I currently have TWO court orders in my favour - in one, an ex girlfriend was ordered to pay $3,000 for my legal fees after she got a malicious protective order against me, which was proven in court to be a malicious attempt at screwing my business - I have gone through all the legal channels to recoup those costs, and have gotten nothing. In the other, my two sons mother owes almost $70,000 in 12 years of child support for two kids - maintenance enforcement has been able to get about $1100 out of her by garnishing wages... she then quits and goes to another employer to avoid the court ordered garnishments.
My point is - for those who call it a “petty theft”, until our legal system is changed to a justice system, and until there are REAL methods for the victims of “petty thefts” to recoup their losses, as a tax payer, i say lock the ******rs up!