Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JareS View Post
Don’t worry, I hugged it before I cut it down..
Was this your handiwork? If so, good job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logger.jpg (54.1 KB, 60 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 02-19-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I've said it before- log it then burn it and let it regenerate naturally Without sprays. That's the most natural way to reap the wood and allow nature to regenerate the way she intends. It would become a hunters paradise.
I would also like to see this. I have no problem with logging; I have a big problem with all of our foothills getting converted from forests into tree farms.

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-19-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I would also like to see this. I have no problem with logging; I have a big problem with all of our foothills getting converted from forests into tree farms.
Reminds me of the old joke . A reporter asked Clyde Barrow, why do you rob banks ? Cause that's where the money is .

Grizz
Old 02-19-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Normally what grows there naturally will continue to grow in the logged area. So if spruce is the dominant species it will continue to be , the same with pine or balsam. Notice how cut blocks grow up fairly thick , well that's from natural regeneration as well as the trees planted. Try cutting down an aspen block and replanting it with pine , it wont work.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JareS View Post
Try reading a book. Or a published research document..

Don’t worry, I hugged it before I cut it down..

I used to log trees for lumber, never logged them to reduce wildfire potential.....pretty sure canfor logs trees for lumber too, just a suspicion I have