Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieR View Post
Yes, there are people who shoot gophers for pleasure and own weapons to do so and don't believe I implied that they weren't "fine" citizens. It would, however, be easier to sit in judgment if that same person then killed another person - as they have demonstrated an ease with taking a life Would it be right to sit in judgment? I don't think so. But based on the evidence some here have based their judgments upon .... (Disclaimer, I come from a long family of hunters so I really, really don't think this represents a valid basis).

It's a tragic situation and I feel for both parties.
At ease with taking a life???,
Are you seriously comparing a gopher to a human?
What if someone owns a few mouse traps?
How about a fly swatter?

We must quit comparing animals to humans.
Antis do it all the time.

Jamie
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 PM

I think there is a lot more to this story... for sure
Old 06-13-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
The schoolteacher victim leaves behind a 5-month old son, so that reduces that 'romantic overtures' scenario somewhat, at least from his end. The suspected killer worked as a bartender at the Back Alley, so to me (knowing bars from having worked in them) that increases the odds that he could well have been coked up, but he'd also be used to all kinds of characters acting very weird if that were the case. I'm leaning towards this being the bar-star rather than the schoolteacher, just because my hunch is that a teacher acts less self-important than a meat market bartender. This will probably have a surprise ending like that self-"kidnapping" baker who everyone though was getting his freak on, when he just concocted an elaborate scheme due to his overwhelming debt/fraud.
The back alley you say "roid rage" maybe
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieR View Post
Yes, there are people who shoot gophers for pleasure and own weapons to do so and don't believe I implied that they weren't "fine" citizens. It would, however, be easier to sit in judgment if that same person then killed another person - as they have demonstrated an ease with taking a life Would it be right to sit in judgment? I don't think so. But based on the evidence some here have based their judgments upon .... (Disclaimer, I come from a long family of hunters so I really, really don't think this represents a valid basis).

It's a tragic situation and I feel for both parties.
You are deffinately In the wrong spot to be talking like this... Taking a gophers life makes one more likely to kill humans?!?.... What are u doing on an outdoorsman forum ?.... Oh ya trolling.... You are do out of touch with reality ... Hugging bunnys and protecting accused murderers... Sheesh
Old 06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnafterwork View Post
You are deffinately In the wrong spot to be talking like this... Taking a gophers life makes one more likely to kill humans?!?.... What are u doing on an outdoorsman forum ?.... Oh ya trolling.... You are do out of touch with reality ... Hugging bunnys and protecting accused murderers... Sheesh
I think that a few people just proved his point.

Folks are too quick to judge.
Maybe they should take a second look at what he actually said and then consider that it could be taken two ways.

All he said was... that people are sometimes quick to judge based upon the tiniest bit of knowledge of the person being judged.
And that doing so is wrong.
He advocated taking a neutral stance because little is known.

Further, my take is that this was a musing in reference to a lot of posts here... and not necessarily this one in particular.

How that got twisted into him defending an accused murder is beyond me.

But then that does illustrate his point quite well... people are quick to think poorly of others and based upon the thinnest of excuses.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:04 PM

I don't think I would kill sombody that was trying to rape me but I don't know what state of mind I would be in if I was in that situatuation. This is going to be a case that is going to be tought, How much force is concidered too much when it comes to proctecting oneself and in turn ones family.