Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-22-2015, 05:57 PM

Default Grouse, Pheasant or even Rabbit

Hey all. New hunter, 35 and live in Calgary, and willing to drive 2 to 3 hours out of town.

This is my first season hunting, and I'd like to find partners who can show me what I'm doing wrong. Been out a couple times by myself and got skunked both times. I'd like to bag some small game (upland birds and rabbits) to see how I like hunting before I go after the big game.

I've got a .22 and a shotgun, a 4x4 truck but no quad. Got all the licenses needed.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:21 PM

Heading out Friday for the day chasing Elk in the Hinton area.

Figured id post here and see if anyone would like to tag along.

May also go out this weekend, depends on how my job hunting goes lol
Old 09-25-2015, 06:26 AM

Looking for sheep hunting partner for rest of season. I live in pincher creek and hunt around that area. must have horses.and be able to go weekends
Pm if interested. Thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 06:52 AM

Looking to find someone to hunt waterfowl with. I have nothing more than a shotgun at the moment. Got my eyes on a blind but holding off till I know I'm going to use it. I'm 30, reliable, and safe with firearms. Available on the weekends. Texting or calling is best.

587 338 0083
Thanks
Mark
Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 PM

Default Goose hunting

Have all waterfowl gear 3 blinds and dog u wanna give it a shot find a field. Tired of lining everything up and supply everything
Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Default greenhorn ISO experienced hunter

Just moved to Cold Lake, looking to hunt coyote. I would like to learn from an experienced hunter who can show me the ropes anywhere from Bonnyville to Pierceland, now until xmas. I don't have a lot of gear, or a spot. I have my own rifle, no quad or truck. Just looking to get my start in a new province.

Throw me an email if interested,
Cheers

tjbrook113@gmail.com
Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Anyone interested in taking a waterfowl newbie out? Can travel anywhere around central and southern Alberta.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:38 AM

Default New to hunting.

Hi im 32y old new to hunting,just got my hunting licence and guns.
I owne Remington 700 30-06 and Ruger 22
Moved from Europe in Edmonton 2y ago,looking for hunting buddy.
I am available weekends 780 232 80 60 Ivan
Old 09-28-2015, 03:55 PM

Hey guys,
26 year old guy here, Edmonton/Sturgeon county area, newish to hunting. Shot a bear last year, that was my first (only) animal. Got a bow this year and have been practicing, sited in up to 50yds. Have a couple friends that hunt, wasn't lucky enough to be born into a family that hunts! If anyone needs a second guy or would be willing to show me some 'skills', I'm eager to get out and learn, good for lots of hiking. I'm patient, easy going, don't smoke. Willing to drive a bit.

Thanks,

Luke
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Hinton area Hunter

Hello, Im looking for anyone else in Hinton area with Kids who is looking for a hunting partner. We got a good truck, and quad. Fully self sufficient but it would be nice to have another adult in area if something ever goes wrong back in the bush.
Were going for grouse right now but hunt all season.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 PM

Default 406

Heading out to 406 for day trips the next couple of days with the hope of filling my WT doe tag. I will be going to foot access only areas if anyone would like to join me. I'm pretty laid back and just enjoy being out in the field.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Hey everybody!

As I've started before, this is my first year getting out in the field. I live in Edmonton, though willing to drive to gain knowledge from an experienced hunter. I'm hoping to get out next weekend, though any weekend after also works for me. I am looking to hunt most everything; waterfowl and upland are preferred for these weekend hunts as I only have a tag for anterless mule in 242, but I am open to other types as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Default Looking for someone to bird hunt south of edmonton

I just moved to Leduc from Saskatchewan and am looking for someone to team up with for some waterfowl action and or upland hunting. I have all the decoys and a spare blind for hunting geese. I haven't hunted grouse much but would love to get into it. Being new to the province I'd like someone to be able to show me the ropes a bit
Old 10-11-2015, 02:42 AM

Hi I am looking for a hunting partner around the Calgary area. I'm 31 years old, respectful and ethical hunter, non smoker and not much of a drinker. Unfortunately I won't be ready to hunt for a few more weeks due to some hand injuries I'm still recovering from due to a grizzly bear attack 6 weeks ago. I would love to get out and tag along with someone else in the meantime though and help out as much as I can. I'm able to go pretty well any day of the week. Typically I hunt 406,414 and 316 but I'm certainly willing to explore some new areas that aren't crawling with bears. Haha. I mainly hunt deer and grouse but I would also love to tag along on a waterfowl shoot and can lend a hand setting up. Basically I need to go out and get some fresh air in the country. I've been either in the hospital or stuck at home watching tv for the past 6 weeks since I was unable to drive. I'm at the point now where I am just starting to drive again finally.

Thanks

Ry
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 AM

Default Help a 12 year old out?

Hi all,

My 12 year old wants to learn to hunt. He's passed the hunter safety course run by AHEIA and we've applied for his junior PAL. He just got a whitetail tag and his waterfowl permit.

Here's the problem: We shoot, but I don't hunt. I don't know the first thing about hunting.

Anyone willing to take us out for waterfowl or whitetail? I have my PAL and can join (as a non-hunter) to take full responsibility for my son. He is mature for his age and takes direction/instructions very well. I have also taught my kids respect for wildlife and firearms safety.

We are located in Edmonton, but can make it out to the Hinton area on weekends.

Email: george0326@hotmail.com and telephone (cell) 587-337-4821.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 AM

Default I live just west of Edmonton - out by stony plain

Hey everyone.

LOOKING FOR BOW HUNTING MENTOR

I have all my requires tickets, licenses and have my general WT tag.

I don't have much equipment but this is what I do have.

Bow (arrows,quiver, release)
Warm hunting camo clothes and footware
Camo backpack
Gps
Compass
In field knife processing kit

What I don't have is anyone to teach me. I'm looking for someone who will take me out teach me to locate, track, stalk my target, set up my shot and then once the target is down, how to dress it, skin it (as I would like the skins) I don't want it wasted, and even the whole process of getting to the butchers etc. I really need someone to pretty much hold my hand through my entire first hunt. In return I would be in debated to you, Im also willing to share half the deer meat with you if I'm blessed enough to harvest one.

I really really want to do this. I just have nobody to go to.

My availability due to work commitments.

Nov 1st - Nov 7th

Pretty much open all of December - I'm aware some small select areas are still open in December.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:52 PM

Default Calgary beginner looking for experience

Hi there, I'm a 25yr old male and I just passed my PAL and Hunters Ed. I'm not looking to go hunt this season but was wondering if there is anyone in the Calgary area willing to take me out just for the experience, as I just want to learn before harvesting anything myself... I would love to tag along on a bow hunt if there is anyone willing also. I have a bow and have been practicing but like I said, I'm not looking to harvest anything myself until I'm experienced.

I have camo/gear, very fast learner and will help with anything that needs to be done if you take me out, I would also like to learn how to field dress an animal if we were lucky enough to get anything.. I have a 4x4 truck and would use it if needed as well. I also have a fifth wheel camper that I currently use for work but will be bringing back home soon.

Hope to hear from someone and get out there!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:52 PM

Forgot to mention in my post that I don't, expect anything like meat if I join and help. All I am there for is the experience, and possibly a new friend.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 AM

Default Mule Deer or White Tail in Alberta 256

Hi Folks,

I'm from Lloydminster and would like to find a hunting partner for Mule Deer or White Tail around Lloyd. I've got Anterlerless Mule Deer Tags for area 256.

I shoot targets but have never had a successful deer hunt. So I'd be happy to go with anybody but would prefer an experienced hunter. I'm 49, have a pickup, no quad, and don't mind walking. I use a .30-30 or a .45-70

I also have an Antlered Moose tag for area 532 up in the north east corner.

I have the next 2 weeks off and can go anywhere soon.

Paul K
Old 10-19-2015, 11:06 AM

Default Rifle Elk

Anyone want to get out for elk this weekend in the mountains/foothills? I'm looking to go anywhere between Grande Prairie and the Crowsnest Pass.

Last edited by StillHunter1; 10-19-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 PM

Looking for someone to go out bear hunting around GP. Ive got a 4x4 truck and all the licences, just no gun.

need some food!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Default small game hunt

new to the hunting scene. I'm 29 , super super laid back dude who's looking to learn some new tricks to the trade..
I have a 22 Ruger and a shotgun... Im from edmonton and I'm looking to hunt some small game at the moment .. grouse etc... I have a nice spot near Peers Alberta that I drive up too thats been beyond amazing for grouse. Its better to have a quad out there which I don't anymore but the chicken trails are very easy walkable...
send me a message if you want to get out this weekend
Old 10-25-2015, 07:52 AM

Default New bird hunter with dog

I jumped thru the hoops so I could hunt pheasant and grouse. I have a small female brittany. Shes obedience trained but not trained to hunt. I would like to be able to go out with another bird hunter who could help me out with my dog and mentor me on my hunting. I'm 49 male in Lethbridge. New to hunting.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:12 PM

Default New friends

He˙ guys looking for hunting friends this year for day trips or more in ghost #412 or southern Alberta areas, just doing general W/T and mule tags(riffle). I do have some land access in 136 (Vulcan area)for general w/t

About me : male 47 from Calgary been hunting few years on and off
Do a lot of shooting, tactical training, camping, outdoors, always looking to meet new friends to teach and learn from each other, easy going. Have own gear and guns. Now let's hit a pub for some grub and go fill our freezers.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:49 PM

Default Looking for others in Calgary

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some people on the Calgary area to hunt with.
I'm 32 and grew up hunting small game and birds in Ontario but haven't done much/any in the past 15 years. I'm trying to get back into it, more specifically large game, but don't know the ropes in AB.
I have all my own gear, but not a truck.

If anyone is will to have me tag along on a hunt it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 10-26-2015, 03:41 AM

Default 346

anyone else go out to the 346 area out past peers?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 AM

Default Looking for hunting partner/s and land for W/T deer and Elk

Hi to all on AO. I am a 51 year old Canadian Forces Veteran looking to find hunting partner/partners for rifle season, who already have established hunting land for W/T deer and/or Elk within 1-2 hours drive of Edmonton for day trips, or further if at camp. I have only been in Alberta now for 3 years, and have not had much opportunity to meet fellow hunters and find good hunting land (as I am certain most Alberta hunters know is not easy to do). I am good natured, social, a team player, and certainly open to a social drink at the end of each hunting day. I have plenty of safe firearms handling/experience, and 15 years hunting experience. Best regards.

Last edited by CelticKnight; 10-26-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner

I will be going into k country for closing days of sheep season seeing if there is anyone who wants to come out for a couple days of sheep season I live in dewinton and going with someone is always better then going alone have been out there 3 times in last week and kinda have a spot I want to really look at pm if interested.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:06 PM

Old 10-26-2015, 10:42 PM

I went scouting the 402 area last weekend and am thinking of going back over the next couple. I'm after a nice buck, and am willing to work for it and be patient, including getting away from the roads. But thats more comfortably done not alone in some of that country. I'm a 31 year old professional who lives in town but gets out as often as possible. Let me know if you're interested or have any ideas.