Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-08-2015, 03:03 AM

Default Matching Camo

Hey guys, so I'm trying to match up my Camo at this point, and I have all Sitka Optifade forest gear including jacket/shirt, pants, and gloves. I cannot find any optifade forest hats, balaclava's, or tall neck gaiters from Sitka anymore, so I am looking else where for a pattern that would be close to the optifade forest.
Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2015, 05:02 AM

They do make a balaclava

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sitka-Gear-Co...-/290820152392
Old 10-08-2015, 05:46 AM

I did find that one, but it is also 5x more expensive than originally manufactured, and that doesn't include shipping. Hence why i'm looking for other alternatives
Old 10-08-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleymyck View Post
I did find that one, but it is also 5x more expensive than originally manufactured, and that doesn't include shipping. Hence why i'm looking for other alternatives
I think the question you need to ask yourself Bradley, is how serious about hunting you actually are. Jeez, risk messing up your whole outfit by trying to save a few bucks on a balaclava? You must be crazy! I'd expect that kind of attitude from an amateur but a guy dressed in all Sitka gear should know better. Absolutely nothing is more important than looking cool while you are hunting! Don't short change yourself!
Old 10-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I think the question you need to ask yourself Bradley, is how serious about hunting you actually are. Jeez, risk messing up your whole outfit by trying to save a few bucks on a balaclava? You must be crazy! I'd expect that kind of attitude from an amateur but a guy dressed in all Sitka gear should know better. Absolutely nothing is more important than looking cool while you are hunting! Don't short change yourself!
^^Hahahaha^^

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Lol this was a good chuckle
Old 10-08-2015, 09:30 AM

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/66394/sitka-facemask

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/35735/...raverse-beanie

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/56924/sitka-optifade-cap
Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 AM

Seriously, I don't think it really matters. It just has to break up the solid outline. I think most camo patterns are designed to look impressive to the hunter, rather than invisible to the animal.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey guys, so I'm trying to match up my Camo at this point, and I have all Sitka Optifade forest gear including jacket/shirt, pants, and gloves. I cannot find any optifade forest hats, balaclava's, or tall neck gaiters from Sitka anymore, so I am looking else where for a pattern that would be close to the optifade forest.
Thanks!
You should of gotten the under armour ridge reaper camo patern like I did 680$ for pants , jacket and hat lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXX1rtk5l8&app=desktop
Old 10-08-2015, 10:07 AM

I actually snaked everything I listed for less then $500. Found some great deals so far!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I actually snaked everything I listed for less then $500. Found some great deals so far!
Well then, take those mountains of savings and get yourself two balaclavas. Get the second one turned into a pair of custom briefs so that on warm days you don't have to cramp your style by resorting to plain old Fruit of The Loom undies. The deer will know!!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Briefs are a fantastic idea!!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
The only thing better for me to see while in the woods is the Sitka Super Fan head to absolute toe while puttzing around from dirt road to dirt road in the 'ole Chevy.

Good luck on your search for Sitka perfection.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteHunter101 View Post
First posted ever

I never gave a thought about all this camo stuff
I wear good ol carhartts and and a black jacket and in September October plaid I stay a way from blue ( deer see it from a mile ..... jeans and blah.. I would work on the smell before the camo thing.
So go to a lids shop and get your "team" or whatever in the reg woodland camo two for one ..?
There are times when camo is important to remain concealed but if your set up is good, you have restricted your visablity to the deer and did your homework...you could be in fluffy slippers and PJs....
Old 10-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Always laugh at the guys decked out in full camo goose hunting in layouts,what's the point yur layin in the stupid thing concealed anyway.carharts and a dirty ol hoodie is how I like to roll hahaha
Old 10-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus32 View Post
There are times when camo is important to remain concealed but if your set up is good, you have restricted your visablity to the deer and did your homework...you could be in fluffy slippers and PJs....
Bingo.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Briefs are a fantastic idea!!
I prefer loin cloth. Great for hunting but I garner odd looks at west edmonton mall
Old 10-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Nice....don't forget to ask your better half if the pants makes your butt look big!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 AM

Default What

Was that a question? I don't recall Ishi being labelled "Stone aged", because that of course would have made him very old, in the Millions? He was the last Yahi Indian.
The story of Ishi is pretty cool though, and you can bet he used camo as well and would have loved a set of our new gear. Warm, dry and hidden.
He was found very close to starvation the day he left the mountains.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
X2
Old 10-16-2015, 01:56 PM

Here we go again....

Old trick from an Alaskan guide: wear one pattern on top, one on the bottom. Completely destroys your outline.

Ex: whitetail does at 6 yards, looking directly up at me, chewing on chokecherries. Optifade on the bottom, MOBU on top. Deer in the freezer.

Mulie buck walking towards me at 40 yards, open field. desert digital pants, MOBU on top. He got lucky and winded me.

Now if you really want to look cool, ghillie suit with black face paint. And a 24x scope. In your f150.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:20 PM

What really spooks them is your bright shiny white face.