Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post

Yep.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Default as to fish and game

while bow hunting this i came across a metis hunter who was out on a quad with a rifle . I contacted fish and game and they told me they had the same hunting right as natives . Meaning they can hunt anywhere and anytime .
Old 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xav1er View Post
while bow hunting this i came across a metis hunter who was out on a quad with a rifle . I contacted fish and game and they told me they had the same hunting right as natives . Meaning they can hunt anywhere and anytime .
You were misinformed. By the way, even natives can't hunt anywhere and anytime..
Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xav1er View Post
You were not misinformed. Fish and game told me same info. Same rights as treaty.
My buddy is Metis and got stopped by Fish and game after harvesting a deer. They asked to see MNA card, asked location of Kill and sent him on his way.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The obvious solution is to give every single Canadian the same hunting rights that the natives have. One of two things will happen, either the game animals will be wiped out to where they are all declared endangered, and nobody is allowed to hunt them, or everyone will be forced to sit down and negotiate a conservation plan that will apply to everyone. We would find out who is really interested in preserving our resources, and who just wants to abuse them. As much as I enjoy hunting, I would be willing to accept either result, just to put an end to this racist nonsense.
This seems to be about the only solution. What we have now makes no sense at all. All the game laws , management, carefully planned cannot be much use when no everybody has to follow. For example, in AB, there are only a handgul of Mountain goat tags alloted each year split amonst the millions of people in AB. However, one 'treaty' Albertan, even if only 1/16 blood, could go and shoot a dozen or more goats legally. Makes no sense.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM

I am also Metis, I have a HUGE family, but I am the only one who hunts, and I have never ran into another Metis while out hunting. Dunno about the F&W saying that because as far as i know, I still have to buy licences (which I've done all my life). In fact I don't think I can hunt like that yet until everything is settled in court. If I see a Metis person acting inappropiate out hunting, damn straight he would be getting sh&t from a very angry Metis woman for making the rest of us look bad. So far I haven't
ever run into anyone, including natives, and I've been invited onto native land to fish, and I still did not see anyone harvesting.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:39 AM

Europeans were here before metis people, why should they get any special privilege?

I'm white and my wife is asian, what's the name for our kids mix? do they get any special treatment?
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM

For the record. If you possess a Métis Alberta card you also must apply to be a Metis Harvester. To do this, you must prove you are from an Alberta Metis community with your lineage tree. You can only hunt in the borders of that community and 160km radius around it. Yes all year round but must still abide by the rules of the hunt. I posses a Metis card but have purchased tags and fishing liscence my entire life. If you can do it then go for it but it really is limited. My family is from Manitoba mostly so I don't qualify, not that it matters to me. I like knowing that the money spent on tags goes toward keeping quality hunting and fishing areas here in Alberta where I live, well, quality.I called Alberta Metis in Edmonton on this matter today and this is what I was told
Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 PM

Ugh.

So many here are stating false rules for current Metis hunting rights.

The link below contains Alberta's current Metis Harvesting rights.
Please read it before posting what you "think" the rules are.

http://aep.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/...ta-Jun2010.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
Did you send this to the MNA/MNC?

It ain't "white" guys beating the horse....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Great post. This is horse****. Because my great grandfather banged some Indian women and I am 1/8 Metis, I get 'traditional' hunting rights which includes Quads and Trucks and high powered rifles when it was a time for horses and long bows.

Total horse**** and abuse. Get to go out and shoot what I want when I want and even sell it for profit. Lots of natives sell fish out of the lakes.

OK - traditional hunting rights and access ? Then traditional methods. On foot or horse with longbows.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercoal View Post
Great post. This is horse****. Because my great grandfather banged some Indian women and I am 1/8 Metis, I get 'traditional' hunting rights which includes Quads and Trucks and high powered rifles when it was a time for horses and long bows.

Total horse**** and abuse. Get to go out and shoot what I want when I want and even sell it for profit. Lots of natives sell fish out of the lakes.

OK - traditional hunting rights and access ? Then traditional methods. On foot or horse with longbows.
If you were metis, you would know that there is no such thing as 1/8 metis. You are, or you're not. Either way, I don't think there are enough metis hunters to make a difference. Like another poster stated, you never see natives out hunting anyways.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Like another poster stated, you never see natives out hunting anyways.

One explanation for not seeing many natives out hunting, is that by the time most of us get out in the woods to hunt, many natives have already killed what they want. Why would they wait for the hunting season to open, so that they have to compete with everyone else?

Another explanation is that you may see natives hunting, and you might not even realize that they are native. I know natives that have blue eyes and blonde hair, and if you saw them, you would have no idea that they are native.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
One explanation for not seeing many natives out hunting, is that by the time most of us get out in the woods to hunt, many natives have already killed what they want. Why would they wait for the hunting season to open, so that they have to compete with everyone else?

Another explanation is that you may see natives hunting, and you might not even realize that they are native. I know natives that have blue eyes and blonde hair, and if you saw them, you would have no idea that they are native.
Perhaps. But you may be mistaking Metis' and Natives. There are blonde, blue eyed metis. But you have to look high and hard to find the same in a native.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

Old 10-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
What I don't understand is why you post over and over again on a thread you feel has no substance???
Old 10-09-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Perhaps. But you may be mistaking Metis' and Natives. There are blonde, blue eyed metis. But you have to look high and hard to find the same in a native.
No mistake, the blonde, blue eyed natives that I know are status.Two brothers are friends of mine, and I know their sister as well. When I first met them, I had no idea that they were status.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
No mistake, the blonde, blue eyed natives that I know are status.Two brothers are friends of mine, and I know their sister as well. When I first met them, I had no idea that they were status.
He never said that it wasn't possible, but very rare, which is a true statement.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 PM

Im going to say something then hide behind a large rock before Im shot at or have things thrown at me.
treaty rights are bad enough when it comes to special privileges from hunting to income tax. no matter how you look at it increasing numbers of special rights hunters and declining numbers of game in some areas will just continue to get worse .

NOW lets throw in a whole lot of Metis with those special privileges and watch the outcome.
I know people that are getting their Metis cards, hell they are whiter than i am. just because some relative years and years ago snuck into a teepee one night. On top of that these guys aren't really even aware of it they have to do a search to find it. One guy only did the search cause he wanted to see if there was any chance he might be able to get a metis card. Do you really think he gives any thought to future or tradition, i doubt it.

Treaty and Metis alike, don't even start with that defines that they are conservationists of the wildlife. How many of us have seen them harvesting cow moose throughout the winter. There goes next springs offspring.

There is no government on earth ( maybe we could get Trump to come run our country)that will ever consider or put forth an act that would begin to stop the process of treaty or metis rights , after so many generations.

Lets face it agreements and contracts are broken all the time when situations or necessity dictates it.Especially by big business or government. No politician will ever have the balls to tackle this one.

Think I've said enough , lol
Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Anzac View Post
I'm Metis to after a few shots of tequila.
thats brutal,,,, your a prejudice loser that should be banned from this site, I'm ashamed to have even met you,, mods act on this garbage would you

Last edited by Xbolt7mm; 10-10-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercoal View Post

I have no idea how you did not get banned for this comment, mods must be out hunting and gave up on the forum
Old 10-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Go to Quebec there's lots of them
Old 10-10-2015, 09:01 PM

Default metI is

I have been out bowhunting deer. Hear a gun shot in the field . Go to intvstigate metis hunter shot a moose where it takes me 4 years to draw a tag. Drives in with this $80,000 truck to retrieve the bull and tells me i was actually hunting that big bull elk but i will get him another time befor the white man can hunt in 3 weeks. Just about quit hunting. Thoughts from other ao members?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
thats brutal,,,, your a prejudice loser that should be banned from this site, I'm ashamed to have even met you,, mods act on this garbage would you

WORD!!!
The stuff I've been reading..."snuck into a teepee at night"..."Because my great grandfather banged some Indian women"..."I'm Metis to after a few shots of tequila"..."thank god grandad liked brown women" etc.

I find this quite insulting as a Metis, and as a woman!

There are lot's of half breeds, but a Metis is someone who has direct ancestry to the Red River Settlement and family accepted scrip.

Metis have their own culture.

Please educate yourselves!

http://firstpeoplesofcanada.com/fp_m..._redriver.html

Trolls or flamers will be ignored as I don't waste my time with them.

Just because your relative had a baby with a native doesn't make you Metis.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 PM

can they hunt anywhere?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 PM

sounds good
Old 10-10-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philty View Post
can they hunt anywhere?
Not everywhere.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Want some Kleenex?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:04 PM

Best thread ever!!!! I won't comment or I'd get a infraction!!!!
Closed Thread