Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Buddy, I thought of changing the title to best skinning knife under $500. Lol.

I ended up ordering a Crotts Semi-Skinner. Will be about $500 by the time it arrives. After reading, it became clear to me that it was worth it to spend the money to have a piece of gear that will improve the experience of processing game, and will do its job just as good when I’m too old to hunt, and it’s been passed down to my son.

Is it better than a $200 knife? Likely hold an edge better based on Coiloil’s reviews. He’s one of the guys whose words I really pay heed to. Pathfinder is in the same category as someone who makes my ears perk up when it comes to his experience with various types of outdoor gear.

In any event, what got me to squirrel away some extra $$ for it was what else can you get for $500 that you can say may be the very best of its kind like one of these Crotts or Dozier skinners? In making my decision, I read literally every word I could find about those two makers’ knives. Many others echo what the guys I have mentioned on this thread have said about the quality of them.

I can’t buy the best rifle, scope, or binos for $500. But I can buy arguably the best performing skinning knife for that price, and if it ain’t what it’s cracked up to be, I can sell it for minimal loss.

Something tells me, I won’t be selling it.
Oh my oath. U can get a dozier semi skinner from ag Russell for 225 3-5 month wait