Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Default MindWorks

I am new to the area and live near Sylvan lake now. I am an experienced hunter, specializing in elk , deer and moose hunting. I am looking for like minded hunting partners for bow season and then rifle season as the season progresses. I am fairly proficient at calling, tracking and locating game. I have great respect for all of nature and love my time outdoors. If you are looking for a hunting buddy, give me a call at 403 864-9095 or email me at :
MindWorks11@yahoo.ca Thanks in advance, Philip.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Default Cadomin Sheep HUnt

Planning on backpacking in for sheep end of Aug, first of Sept. If there is anyone interested in joining PM me.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Im fairly new to hunting, i have shot guns for a few years but just started getting into hunting and i got a calf moose draw for zone 360. Im looking for someone who is interested in going and maybe teaching me a thing or two. PM me if interested
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 PM

Default Hunting partners in Grande Prairie

Hello All,

I recently moved to Grande Prairie and don't know hardly anyone so it would be nice to meet up with some other hunters. I'm going to bow hunt elk once the season starts as well as whitetails and moose. I'm a member of the local archery club and go there quite often. I'm also a rifle hunter so once rifle season starts I'll be packing it as well. I'm 28 and am very ethical and wont put up with drugs/alcohol while hunting, however, a beer or two after is just fine.

Send me a PM if your interested in meeting up.

Cheers,
Laurence
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM

Hello all,
Just moved to edmonton from the states. I do mostly archery hunting. Would love to do some duck and geese hunting this fall. It looks like I missed the draw period this season. Could use some advice on how to get out this season to shoot a deer, elk or anything.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Banned

Smile

New into hunting and met a few decent people I live in Edmonton and went out in spring for bear ( first harvest) put in draws this year for first time and 999 all but 2 and didn't get (not surprised) but looking to see what general tags I can get. Wanting to hunt up in Slave lake and or Whitecourt area. Being new I am looking for experienced hunters to go with that don't mind teaching me the skills of skinning, gutting, butchering... Not looking for someone to do for me but help walk me through it (I wanna do not watch) hike in & out is not a problem ( I don't own a quad of my own as of now cause of a crap year at work killed that plan. Rifle or bow, I shoot both. I plan on having a general cougar tag and bear tag on me that if in season and opportunity comes I wanna fill it.
Message me if more questions ya have and if work allows I don't mind at all for driving up meeting and hunting with you for a day or 2 trip as for plans of a week or 2 (would be loved) but don't see right now.
Thank you for reading this and good hunting.
Ronbounds@iclould.com
Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM

I just moved to Edmonton from Saskatoon and am looking for a hunting partner to go duck hunting with and possibly deer hunting later in the fall. I have some shotgun experience, but have never hunted ducks before, aside from doing some falconry in Saskatchewan. I have a black lab that is a great retriever and has done some hunt tests and working certificate, but am looking to get her out in the field this fall. I am looking to hunt either in the Edmonton area or around Olds / Didsbury area as I have family down there and am there fairly often. Please PM me if you are interested in hunting together and we can get together over a beer or something sometime.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Hey

Just signed up on here today and always looking for a few good, educated and respectable hunters to go out with. Live in Calgary and bow hunt in the bow zone also use the rifle in and around sundre. I have access to some very good land and would be willing to hook up with others.

PM me if interested
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm looking for a hunting partner possibly for whitetail in wmu 404. I have a post started that is called "wmu 404 help" of your interested just post on that.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandycourt View Post
Looking for a new group of people to hunt with!!! 27 year old female from edmonton, own a 270 and this will be my 5th year out. I like to hunt deer and moose. Would go for elk as well! Have all my own gear but the truck is gone in the divorce!!!

Looking for people with a sense of humour who actually do hunt and usually save the drinking for when the sun goes down!!! Male or female doesnt matter as long as you arn't looking for a date!!!!
hey im interested in going out so drop me a line if you like, firechicken_69@hotmail.com
Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 PM

hey i have a moose draw for zone 360 which is by GP and looking for someone who is interested in going, drop me a line at firechicken_69@hotmail.com if you wanna chat
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM

Talking Ducka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMan15 View Post
I just moved to Edmonton from Saskatoon and am looking for a hunting partner to go duck hunting with and possibly deer hunting later in the fall. I have some shotgun experience, but have never hunted ducks before, aside from doing some falconry in Saskatchewan. I have a black lab that is a great retriever and has done some hunt tests and working certificate, but am looking to get her out in the field this fall. I am looking to hunt either in the Edmonton area or around Olds / Didsbury area as I have family down there and am there fairly often. Please PM me if you are interested in hunting together and we can get together over a beer or something sometime.

q
Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck71 View Post
hey guys im up in grande prairie with a bull moose tag 356, plus w/t deer, bull elk. looking for someone who wants to hunt. couple of guys who are heading back east that i hunt with....
Darrell
Thanks, good tips.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 AM

Default Live in Canmore looking for info

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to hunting. My family has done it for quite some time. But with school and work I haven't had a chance. I finally have the time and am quite excited. I am looking to hunt deer and duck (I love quail too but I don't believe there are any in AB?). I'm not even asking someone to necessarily go out with (though that would be awesome) just someone to chat with about the area. I'm relatively new to AB, born here and lived here till I was 12 but just moved back a year and a half ago so unfamiliar with hunting areas. If anyone has any info they'd be willing to share on decent places to hunt, or blindfold me and take me so I can get a deer lol. I'm willing to drive a few hours to get where I need. I appreciate anyone's help!
Email is j_hunter8@hotmail.com
Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 AM

Default hunting

top pin, I pm'd ya, sorry if you get a copy of the same message

Last edited by foothillzman; 07-27-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM

Hey guys , second year hunting , looking for a partner who knows Grande prairie and surrounding areas to hunt for whitetail and bull elk . Last year first hunting year I hunted in Peace River area and bagged my first whitetail doe and mule doe but would like to stay close to home this year . Don't know exactly when the rut starts for whitetail or bull elk . I have heard that South of GP in the Kakawa area is good for elk as well as Elmsworth and Saddle Hills north of Sexsmith. My contact number is 780-505-2542. Name is Doug. Email is d.cochet19@hotmail.com.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 AM

Smile hunting partner

hi everyone.

I live west of innisfail by about 15 min. in wmu 216. I have been hunting for about 5-6 years now but by no means am i an expert. I love the chase and the comradery that can develop with hunting and i like nothing better than camping out and if nothing gets put down just enjoying the outdoors.

I am looking to meet someone to go deer/elk hunting. I have permission on land around my place and had a successful year last year with my first whitetail bow buck.

I would love to find someone who maybe lives nearby who would like to be friends/hunting buddies or just see where things go.

I am always willing to help as well so if someone needs help moving something out of the bush i have a couple quads and dont mind helping with the field dressing or some labour.

I am an easy going 32 year old just enjoying life and hunting. I also have a young family so i am looking forward to getting them involved when they get older.

I do have some hunting buddies already but they live far away from me and I would love to find some people closer.

cheers looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM

I'm new to calgary and don't really know where to hunt for birds manly. I would also like to get a few rabbits. If there is anyone that would like to meet for a chat or even shoot some targets I would be up for that. Thanks alot
Jason
Plumejason@hotmail.com
I have a bow that I would like to use as well. As for big game I only have a 22-250 so not big enough.

Last edited by Plumeja; 07-28-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM

Hi, new to hunting this year. I am 32 and living in Okotoks. I am looking to hunt birds, deer and elk this year in 402. someone that butchers their own game would be a bonus too.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM

In the process of transferring to Cold Lake with the military, looking for some guidance and hunting partner in the area. Came from farmland SK...what is with all these trees?

Thanks.

Watchdog
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
In the process of transferring to Cold Lake with the military, looking for some guidance and hunting partner in the area. Came from farmland SK...what is with all these trees?

Thanks.

Watchdog
First of all, sorry you drew the short straw for your posting. Don't know much about the area myself hunting wise as this will be my first time hunting ever . But depending on what you plan on hunting with there is a "Cold Lake Fish and Game Club" https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cold-...47708438683601 here that can help you, we are also in the works of putting up an archery club. If you are looking for places to hunt here is the M.D. land plots showing you where the crown land is.
Be aware it takes a minute or two to load.
http://md.bonnyville.ab.ca/images/st...leMap_2010.pdf
This maps good for WMU 501 and 514

Last edited by jetlynk; 07-31-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM

Default hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmtobias View Post
Hi, new to hunting this year. I am 32 and living in Okotoks. I am looking to hunt birds, deer and elk this year in 402. someone that butchers their own game would be a bonus too.
Hey man
I plan to get into 402 for a bit end Sept/Oct. Let me know if you would like to hook up. I'm in south Calgary. I use a butcher for now tho.
take care
Adam
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Hi,
I live in Edmonton and I'm somewhat new to hunting. I've done a little ruffed grouse hunting since I've been up here and I'd done a bit of upland and waterfowling prior to that, back home in Saskatchewan.

I'd like to find some people to hunt birds with this fall and possibly someone to show me the ropes of deer hunting. I can't offer much in the way of equipment, though I'm certainly willing to pay and work my share.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM

Hi,

Been lurking here for a while and I figured it was time for me to sign up.

I'm brand new to hunting, it's not a common family past time but I decided to take the plunge. I did my AHEIA certification last fall but never got the chance to get out in the woods and learn hands on. I'm also trying to get my PAL done shortly.

So since I'm greener than the grass on the other side I'm looking for a mentor. I'm a 20 year old engineering student from U of C, and I'm looking to just tag along on a deer hunt and some scouting this fall if that's your thing. I'm looking learn the ropes and get my hands dirty. I'm very keen to learn, not one for complaining and I've got a strong back. I don't own a truck but I'm more than willing to pitch in for gas.

I know I don't have much to offer but if you want an extra pair of hands and to pass down some knowledge I'm your man.

abmedd@gmail.com
Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Default New hunter looking to hunt in edmonton/westlock area,

I'm new at the sport, took my bow out last year, saw some white tail but no shot, looking to take home some meat this year. I have all me gear for bow, waterfowl and big game, just a little uneasy if I get something wouldn't really know how to field dress it. I have a young family and not to much time so just looking for day hunts not a full weekend. Right now I hunt in zone 520 so would like to stay around the same zone. I didn't get my draw so I will be hunting for whitetail. Post me a tread if your willing to help out. Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Default New to Ab

Hi

I moved here from BC(Victoria) this spring to work and have decided to make Black Diamond my home, I love it here. I am looking for someone to join me in some deer, game bird, rabbit or duck hunting in and around this area. I am 43 and have not hunted for the last decade due to the over crowding on VanIsle but have years experience before that having hunted the Kootaneys, Northern BC(Meziaden jct, Smithers, Hazelton),Dawson Creek, Revelstoke and parts of Northern Manitoba in and around Thompson.

I am a meat hunter and could care less about trophy hunting....some guys see 10 point rack, I see 200lbs of sausage....mmmm sausage. I have butchered my own deer in the past and will possibly get back into it if I can convince the wife to let me do it in the basement

I am only rifle hunting this season as I no longer own a bow but I have a 4x4(Tacoma) and am fairly competent with deer/duck calls. I am negotiating with a landowner south of the sheep river in 312 for use and I am aways open to other suggested areas.

I have already done some scouting and will be going out again the 17th after I get back from a fishing trip on Kootaney lake next week.

I work as a pipefitter so Im busy Mon-FRI until season opens but plan on taking time off in Nov to fill the freezer. I like my beer after the hunt and the occasional but not during.

If this sounds interesting to you, shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet for a beer and talk more. Bird season is just around the corner.

Evil
Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Hi, Looking for someone to go hunting with in the Calgary area. I moved here from the east coast last year and want to get some hunting in this fall.
I'm 26 and have been hunting moose, deer, grouse, duck/geese and have been in the sport since I can remember. I can clean a moose too (I know allot of people don't like to do this lol). I am more of a meat hunter so I stick to game that I will eat, so I stay away from bear.
Problem is, I just moved to Alberta and I'm not familiar with the area. Id love to meet some people in who would like some company. I'm an easy going guy, and don't mind the work (some people don't realize how much work it is dragging a 1000lb moose out of the bush!)
Anyway if your interested send me an email/message maybe we can chat or have beers or something.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM

I like spending the early season in 402 I would like to join you guys.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Default wing man and wolf hunter(wannabe)

i wanna go big game hunting too this year. i have no problems being the wing man as i dont really hunt big game anymore,i just want to get my wolf ,so if we can work that into as well that would be sweet. i have a 24 ' pull trailer we could take or a brand new big wall tent with cots and wood stove if wanna get really manly.

i usually go wolf hunting in november and seem to have bad luck with it. just me and the dog so it kinda sucks by yourself on small hours at that time of year. hard not to catch a hangover ,then its blown for next morning,haha

hunted big game b4 but mainly just stick to calling in coyotes. and target shooting of course.

lemme know if you need a wing man or wanna get wolf hunting/big game /both(i could use the gutpiles). sent a couple pms to a few fellas here. i live in red deer,been hunting lots b4 but prefer just tagging along, a white tail tag might be in order though soon . need to get shown again how to gut/clean animals. been a while.

Last edited by wolf308; 08-05-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM

Default Grande Prairie

Looking For Someone to Hunt geese with this fall, I Got back Into Ducks last year and am really wanting to Field Hunt this fall, In GP and have all gear minius A spread for the field