Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Default For Police Officers, Demonstrations Take a Toll and Test Duty

Stay strong.....

https://tnc.news/2020/06/04/a-compre...d-in-us-riots/

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-06-2020, 10:11 AM

Sickening. I respect what cops do but I could never be one in this day and age. There are people who make a living off baiting cops then launching a lawsuit afterwords.

I have never had any issues with cops except in my younger years for traffic stuff but I 100% deserved it at that time. I have heard hundreds of people complain about cops harassing them over the years and they all fit into the same group (not based on color).

Yes, there are bad cops. Bad people exist in every profession.

No matter what the cops do in this situation it will be the wrong thing. Stopping people who are looting takes force and force multipliers. Letting people do what ever they want goes against the reason cops are around in the first place. Lose/ lose situation for them.

Sad.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Pay police officers what they are actually worth..... a lot of the problems go away.

The job has changed drastically with the times... so should the compensation.

Please don't paint your local law enforcement.. or really any law enforcement with that negative brush.

The key problem in the states seem to be:

- lack of third party investigation.

- severe lack of an infraction database... nation wide

- severe (go figure) labor shortage which results in the 'gypsies cop' phenomenon.

lots of this could be fixed. Pretty easily.

are there 'bad apples'?... yup.... and in the states... those apples can simply move to other barrels with zero/little repercussions...

anyways... support your police services.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-06-2020, 10:31 AM

ya when I read this article I just thought holy crap these men and women are taking a real beating out there but you never hear about that....what a freaking animal show.....I could only imagine what it would be like to be a law abiding citizen with a business that you put all your sweat into 12 plus hour days just to have it burnt and looted..then when the LEO's make there presence they are shot at etc...hard pill to swallow....

Old 06-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Big difference is George Floyd was an innocent man who is to be grieved by the world, whereas cops are just robots.

No one will stand up for cops, ESPECIALLY that piece of garbage Trudeau. The only reason he took a knee was for votes. Mr Blackface....disgusting hypocrite
Old 06-06-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Big difference is George Floyd was an innocent man who is to be grieved by the world, whereas cops are just robots.

No one will stand up for cops, ESPECIALLY that piece of garbage Trudeau. The only reason he took a knee was for votes. Mr Blackface....disgusting hypocrite
never viewed him as innocent....thug...just the arresting officer crossed a line and will have his day in court...rightfully so....but that does not mean to completely destroy cities and kill/injure LEO's....man they are up against a pretty crappy situation....got my support 1000 percent so that good people can get their lives back...

Old 06-06-2020, 11:18 AM

I'm against "excessive" use of force, but now ANY use of force to restrain anyone is going to end up on social media, and other media, and bureaucrats and politicians are going to demand that "offending" officers are suspended, fired, or even charged, just for doing their job without the public having any context of why force was used at all.

It will likely get to where officers will show up on the scene and decide not to act at all until "thoughts and prayers" de-escalate the situation.

It will go from outraged public shouting "look what you're doing!!" to "please do something!!".
Old 06-06-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Pay police officers what they are actually worth..... a lot of the problems go away.

The job has changed drastically with the times... so should the compensation.

Please don't paint your local law enforcement.. or really any law enforcement with that negative brush.

The key problem in the states seem to be:

- lack of third party investigation.

- severe lack of an infraction database... nation wide

- severe (go figure) labor shortage which results in the 'gypsies cop' phenomenon.

lots of this could be fixed. Pretty easily.

are there 'bad apples'?... yup.... and in the states... those apples can simply move to other barrels with zero/little repercussions...

anyways... support your police services.
Well said and thank you sir
Old 06-06-2020, 11:03 PM
Banned

Anyone noticed the irony of the situation. The people that riot and burn businesses down to the ground in protest of the police; are the same people that demand cops protect them from other people.

And after it is all said and done. These rioters will wonder why small businesses moved to another place or charge a higher price for their goods (if they remain in the area).

HMMM, it's a real scooby-doo mystery to me.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:44 AM

Police had their hands tied by Trudy with rail blockades earlier in year. Police cannot enforce law on race baced politics. It is becoming everyone for themselves. Why do we pay taxes?
Old 06-07-2020, 11:36 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...rtan-dhp-feeds

busy last night too.....what is it with people driving vehicles into crowds etc...freaking animals....jeepers eh.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:55 AM

I could see martial law being brought in down there is this keeps up.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:55 PM

With most people with cell phones recording this stuff; puts a whole new perspective on what some of these “bad cops” are doing and what they said actually happened!
Old 06-07-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Tradegunner View Post
With most people with cell phones recording this stuff; puts a whole new perspective on what some of these “bad cops” are doing and what they said actually happened!
It's good to get the bad apples off the street but does not justify what is taking place right now at all.....not at all.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Tradegunner View Post
True

Defund the police, get social workers and mental health care advocates to respond instead.

Then all the cell phone people can video a social worker or mental health care advocate getting killed.

Makes perfect sense. Punish all the great female and male cops due to the acts of lousy cops. Kinda like gun bans......

Funny how there are so many sheep in this world but a wool sweater is still so expensive.

I totally agree with people videoing police. Its great. It supports the good cops and brings bad cops to light

Just gotta make sure the videos of good cops gets seized as evidence too. Would absolutely stop false allegations.

But good cops on film is unsensational so media would just ignore it.

Dont get me wrong NW Tradegunner. I totally agree with you
Old 06-07-2020, 07:33 PM

I’m sure that a hug-a-thug program will work much better than policing. I believe that firearm ownership is going to become very important.
https://nationalpost.com/news/calum-...e-isnt-radical
Old 06-07-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mountain mike View Post
I’m sure that a hug-a-thug program will work much better than policing. I believe that firearm ownership is going to become very important.
Well, with less people in the country, it will be easier to financially recover. Just tax more, even out the pay scale and one set of rules for all.

Until Trudeau's family gets attacked by someone. He cant be PM with security forever. He surely realizes that. I hope it never happens to him and to be honest, id protect him if i were there. Because thats the kind of people we all are.

Anyone who gives up their guns just isnt thinking.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:01 PM

It's time to give all leo's a week or two off with pay. Let them sit and spend time with their families. We can all watch the show and see who we want more of Criminal,s or Cop's? Let the circus begin. Lot's of us will fare better than others. Might wake a few people up?

Enjoy the decline.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 06-07-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mountain mike View Post
Opinion piece by the arts and culture guy. He doesn't write for papers, he writes for periodicals.

Calum Marsh is an arts and culture reporter with the National Post in Toronto. His writings have appeared in such periodicals as the the New York Times, the Guardian, the New Republic, and the New Yorker, among many others. cmarsh@postmedia.com www.calummarsh.com

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-07-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Opinion piece by the arts and culture guy. He doesn't write for papers, he writes for periodicals.

Calum Marsh is an arts and culture reporter with the National Post in Toronto. His writings have appeared in such periodicals as the the New York Times, the Guardian, the New Republic, and the New Yorker, among many others. cmarsh@postmedia.com www.calummarsh.com
Defund the police to rational people seems ridiculous but the notion is gaining some traction. Some Minneapolis city council members, the typical far left US senators and of course some media outlets are on the band wagon. The Calum Marsh column is the first I’ve seen north of the border but I’m sure more are to come.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
It's time to give all leo's a week or two off with pay. Let them sit and spend time with their families. We can all watch the show and see who we want more of Criminal,s or Cop's? Let the circus begin. Lot's of us will fare better than others. Might wake a few people up?

Enjoy the decline.
I agree but you and I know that the LEO's have a job to do and will do it no matter what the circumstances are....they couldn't just sit and watch even if it does wake a few up.....

Jeepers now we got an idiot(s) shooting at a fire truck....wounded a bystander...who is going to dive into that crap show....yup....the LEO's.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:17 AM

Default Meanwhile in the Maratimes

Two LEO's shot up a firehall sheltering civilians.........and the fire truck.Oh and shot at their fellow Leo protecting the hall.I feel much safer now.No PAL required.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:52 AM

Randy..... just to jump off of your idea of videoing...

Why not body cams and car cams...... and i bet one could hook up a small camera recorder for guns (to activate when they're drawn).....

Protects any misinterpretation of the altercation and/or use of the weapon..... Problem solved...? What are some of the pitfalls I'm not seeing?
Old 06-08-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Two LEO's shot up a firehall sheltering civilians.........and the fire truck.Oh and shot at their fellow Leo protecting the hall.I feel much safer now.No PAL required.
breath......you will be the first to ask where was the police when the animals show up at your residence to take what they want when they want....

Old 06-08-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Randy..... just to jump off of your idea of videoing...

Why not body cams and car cams...... and i bet one could hook up a small camera recorder for guns (to activate when they're drawn).....

Protects any misinterpretation of the altercation and/or use of the weapon..... Problem solved...? What are some of the pitfalls I'm not seeing?
agree all will wear a body cam and vehicles will be equipped too....higher accountability but then you will see the idiots still complain....watch live PD and holy crap the sun goes down and the idiots are up and the crap the LEO's deal with...wow...simply wow...talk about patience....they do a better job than I would for sure....

Old 06-08-2020, 09:38 AM

I know for the police its 24/7 of dealing with the worst lying scum.......

I've always thought the cameras would protect the LEOS way way more.... no?
Old 06-08-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
2 Leo's. 2 numbers. You want to see some numbers?

This is just in the USA, add Canada to lessen the intervals.

Homicide: One person is murdered every 31 minutes.
Rape: One person is raped every 1.9 minutes.
Aggravated Assault: One person is assaulted every 36.9 seconds.
Larceny*Theft:One home is victimized by theft every 4.8 seconds.
Burglary:One home is burglarized every 18 seconds.
Domestic Violence: One woman is victimized by an intimate partner every 52
seconds.
One man is victimized every 3.5 minutes.
Child Abuse and Neglect: One child is reported abused or neglected every 4.9 seconds.
Drunk Driving: One person is killed in an alcohol* related traffic crash every 40.4 minutes.
Identity Fraud: One person becomes a victim of identity theft every 4.9 seconds.
Elder Abuse: One elderly person is victimized by a violent crime every 4.2 minutes.
Hate Crime: One hate crime is reported to the police every 69 minutes.

How many hundred thousand Officers are on duty right now on North America?

In the States alone, it is documented there is an arrest every 6 seconds. Let's say just half of those are good arrests.

Want someone to do the math for you?

Now bitch about the Police forces some more, please.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-08-2020, 09:42 AM

Default I'm prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
breath......you will be the first to ask where was the police when the animals show up at your residence to take what they want when they want....
Good luck with that.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I know for the police its 24/7 of dealing with the worst lying scum.......

I've always thought the cameras would protect the LEOS way way more.... no?
yup....and if questioned can show exactly what took place....will hold all accountable and that is what the people want...all lives are important.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
2 Leo's. 2 numbers. You want to see some numbers?

This is just in the USA, add Canada to lessen the intervals.

Homicide: One person is murdered every 31 minutes.
Rape: One person is raped every 1.9 minutes.
Aggravated Assault: One person is assaulted every 36.9 seconds.
Larceny*Theft:One home is victimized by theft every 4.8 seconds.
Burglary:One home is burglarized every 18 seconds.
Domestic Violence: One woman is victimized by an intimate partner every 52
seconds.
One man is victimized every 3.5 minutes.
Child Abuse and Neglect: One child is reported abused or neglected every 4.9 seconds.
Drunk Driving: One person is killed in an alcohol* related traffic crash every 40.4 minutes.
Identity Fraud: One person becomes a victim of identity theft every 4.9 seconds.
Elder Abuse: One elderly person is victimized by a violent crime every 4.2 minutes.
Hate Crime: One hate crime is reported to the police every 69 minutes.

How many hundred thousand Officers are on duty right now on North America?

In the States alone, it is documented there is an arrest every 6 seconds. Let's say just half of those are good arrests.

Want someone to do the math for you?

Now bitch about the Police forces some more, please.
well said Ken....dam cant even show up to a fire now without having an idiot take pot shots at you....will need police escorts for the simplest of routine calls...