Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I made no opinion either way of Chauvin's mind. Certainly not "100% positive" that it wasn't race-related

Your posts basically justify cop killings because of a person's criminal history. Which leads me to believe you're actually okay with them killing a suspect after they've already been detained and subdued.

Anyway, stats don't lie.

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

I said I was 100% certain the intent wasn’t to kill the criminal and I know this because the cops knew they were being filmed.

The stats show that 24% of the people killed by cops are black people while they only make up 13% of the population. What it doesn’t show is that although they make up 13% of the population they are responsible for 52% of murders, white people 45% and Hispanic 22% while Asian and native Americans made up the 2-3% remaining. ( here is the quote I got my stats from: In 2013, African Americans accounted for 52.2% of all murder arrests, with Whites 45.3% and Asians/Native Americans 2.5%. Of the above, 21.7% were Hispanic.).

So now when you have a bit more of the story added you see that half of the time the police are dealing with a murder it’s a black criminal they are dealing with, but they only represent a quarter of the deaths by cop.

Maybe the movement going on in the states right now should be stop committing crime so you don’t put yourself in a position where the police are going to arrest you?

If we put out all the stats, don’t sugar coat one single thing, then and only then can we come up with a solution. Using only the facts that fit a certain agenda will never lead to a way of solving a problem, no matter what the problem may be.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:23 PM

I've been noticing a lot of my lefty relatives going absolutely bat-crap insane over this. Of course it was horrible what happened, but its fair to say that this was a breach of procedure and there are already laws on the books and formal dept policy designed to prevent this type of thing. They were not followed. Where I diverge is that why is it this specific one they've chosen to go militantly insane over? There a plenty of murders to be outraged about. All ethnicities get killed by the police down there, any one of them could be a battle cry. Much more prevalent however, is citizens killing each other, and there is a lot of that to also be upset about, why are these same people not having vigils & marches for fallen officers or kids who were murdered by drug dealers? Why does their outrage only get ramped up when its white on other-ethnicity violence rather than the inverse? It seem worthy of note that two of the other cops on scene were of diverse ethnic backgrounds, but we all know that counts for nothing in the grievance-studies guilt flow-chart.

I'll close with this:

Old 06-04-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Only this forum could play the mental gymnastics necessary to justify a guy being killed while already having been subdued for attempting to use a counterfeit $20 bill.

It just keeps getting worse.
The last time that I checked, being a member of this particular forum was voluntary. If you don't like some of the content, you can always do what many of us have done and use the ignore feature, avoid reading certain threads, or stay away completely for a while. Life is full of choices.

"Only this forum" is a pretty sweeping comment.

Last edited by HVA7mm; 06-04-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:19 PM

With the catch and release that goes on up here if the police rough up a known criminal I would be okay with it.
My problem is now a days they dont seem to be able to distinguish between upstanding citizens who pay for everything and criminals.
I don't think those police meant to kill that guy but I'm not bothered by it because he was a known bad guy. Would you want to meet this guy at night in your back yard?
Everybody makes mistakes at a job sometime. But with the police if they make a mistake then somebody can die.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:29 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I made no opinion either way of Chauvin's mind. Certainly not "100% positive" that it wasn't race-related

Your posts basically justify cop killings because of a person's criminal history. Which leads me to believe you're actually okay with them killing a suspect after they've already been detained and subdued.

Anyway, stats don't lie.

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/
your all over the map sporty....no posts justify's cop killings....no killing anyone after they have been detained is ok....your mind is wondering all over the map...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-04-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

This is why the Republicans will have a chair in the Oval Office in 2021.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Default This is funny

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8638ECB4-BF2C-46EC-B0A0-3BEA74C91C6D.jpg (26.1 KB, 121 views)
Old 06-04-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
No.... I respectfully disagree with you. You are over blaming one media group.

I think abolishing the US fairness doctrine was the single stupidest thing that our governments could do..... for the simple reason that people lack the time to search out both sides..... It really is that simple.

I show this in my classes.... I feel its pretty accurate.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RL-CHyzgK1Q/maxresdefault.jpg

We, as a society have known that the news can get manipulated for many many years now..... Even before Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent....

Knowingly getting rid of the Fairness Doctrine of the FCC was a bad bad move.

And many people are taking advantage of us ( and I do mean both you and me and elk11 and others)..... we notice some.... we consent to others...

its still bad.
Who in the world put that together? They don’t appear to be a fan of CNN at all.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 06:41 PM

Guess it don’t meet your approval.

Sorry.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Guess it don’t meet your approval.

Sorry.
Who compiled it? Glad it meets your narrative.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 PM

‘Fits my narrative’

.....And boom.

You just wanna find bad guys anywhere. Even me.

You have no idea how I present this or discuss it. You got me all figured out.

And you’ve decided you dislike me. With no shred of serious evidence.

That’s unfortunate Chuck.

Your always welcome to actually meet me and see first hand what I’m like and about. It’s not a long trip.

Maybe your wrong.

FWIW

I show several diagrams like this.... cause stuff is moved around by whoever made it... the point is... the vast majority are editorialized to various extents.

Last edited by bessiedog; 06-04-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I said I was 100% certain the intent wasn’t to kill the criminal and I know this because the cops knew they were being filmed.

The stats show that 24% of the people killed by cops are black people while they only make up 13% of the population. What it doesn’t show is that although they make up 13% of the population they are responsible for 52% of murders, white people 45% and Hispanic 22% while Asian and native Americans made up the 2-3% remaining. ( here is the quote I got my stats from: In 2013, African Americans accounted for 52.2% of all murder arrests, with Whites 45.3% and Asians/Native Americans 2.5%. Of the above, 21.7% were Hispanic.).

So now when you have a bit more of the story added you see that half of the time the police are dealing with a murder it’s a black criminal they are dealing with, but they only represent a quarter of the deaths by cop.

Maybe the movement going on in the states right now should be stop committing crime so you don’t put yourself in a position where the police are going to arrest you?

If we put out all the stats, don’t sugar coat one single thing, then and only then can we come up with a solution. Using only the facts that fit a certain agenda will never lead to a way of solving a problem, no matter what the problem may be.
This exactly! There is no police brutality towards Black Americans like the Media is making it look like. There is no Black vs. White like the media wants you to believe. Its all a numbers game spun into a bigger issue by the media. Educate yourselves better and avoid doing stupid things.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
‘Fits my narrative’

.....And boom.

You just wanna find bad guys anywhere. Even me.

You have no idea how I present this or discuss it. You got me all figured out.

And you’ve decided you dislike me. With no shred of serious evidence.

That’s unfortunate Chuck.

Your always welcome to actually meet me and see first hand what I’m like and about. It’s not a long trip.

Maybe your wrong.

FWIW

I show several diagrams like this.... cause stuff is moved around by whoever made it... the point is... the vast majority are editorialized to various extents.
So who compiled it? What other ones do you share?

-Billy Molls
Old 06-05-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw View Post
This exactly! There is no police brutality towards Black Americans like the Media is making it look like. There is no Black vs. White like the media wants you to believe. Its all a numbers game spun into a bigger issue by the media. Educate yourselves better and avoid doing stupid things.
Larry Elder has good commentary on this.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Default How's about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So who compiled it? What other ones do you share?

Methinks you bait too much.

How's about YOU (as you always seem to not reply when I direct stances form you)..... readjust it to what you feel is proper.... and I promise I'll use it.... and even invite you in to the class when we use it...?

Because its irrelevant to what I'm teaching as to where stuff is......

Having favorites on the political spectrum are about as useful as having favorites on the color spectrum.

"ooohhh that charteuse..... its an evil color!"......lol

here's a link to a free photoshop tool for ya as well.

https://www.photopea.com/

and oh... the source...... that took a bit.

looks like the Canadian Encyclopedia.... who got it from Newsy who was bought in 2008 by the EW Scripps Co.

I just grabbed it..... I've used others... there's tonnes. But since your accusing me of 'an agenda with a narrative" (which is really offensive.... did you mean to be that offensive...? I 'd sure like a response to that).

Last edited by bessiedog; 06-05-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Methinks you bait too much.

How's about YOU (as you always seem to not reply when I direct stances form you)..... readjust it to what you feel is proper.... and I promise I'll use it.... and even invite you in to the class when we use it...?

Because its irrelevant to what I'm teaching as to where stuff is......

Having favorites on the political spectrum are about as useful as having favorites on the color spectrum.

"ooohhh that charteuse..... its an evil color!"......lol

here's a link to a free photoshop tool for ya as well.

and oh... the source...... that took a bit.

looks like the Canadian Encyclopedia.... who got it from Newsy who was bought in 2008 by the EW Scripps Co.

I just grabbed it..... I've used others... there's tonnes. But since your accusing me of 'an agenda with a narrative" (which is really offensive.... did you mean to be that offensive...? I 'd sure like a response to that).
So, it’s outdated propaganda that is irrelevant to the curriculum? What am I missing here? Pretty irresponsible no?

-Billy Molls
Old 06-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Lol!!

You get a Z for reading comp.

Try again.

And why are you bent on trying offend me?

What do you get out of it?

Last edited by bessiedog; 06-05-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Lol!!

Try again.

I’m not trying to offend anyone. But yes, your sentence compilation is hard to figure out for sure. But here is my biggest issue with this chart. Most people that were considered liberal in 1970 would now be considered bi partisan propaganda right.

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 06-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Lol!!

Try again.

Like you and I have both mentioned, revocation of the FCC fairness doctrine was a bad call. It has likely been one of the largest determining factors in polarizing the populace. Since it was revoked in 1987, all US news outlets have become increasingly partisan every year just because they can, and what we see now is what I would almost consider lobbying. Unfortunately with all of the mass media available to everyone in Canada, as well as the rest of the world, it's really become a free-for-all as to what is actually broadcast as factual.

The older demographic may believe much of what they see in the news, as up until the demise of the Fairness Doctrine in the US, most news sources were actually fairly honest/equitable/balanced.

The younger generation tends to pick a side and stick with the narrative. And by younger, I'm talking under 55, unless you were glued to the TV set when the news was on when you were in your teens and early 20's. (I'm 50 and sure wasn't watching a lot of news reports before I was 17). So really anyone under 55 has slowly been conditioned into picking sides when it comes to the news. That being said I'm pretty skeptical about almost everything. I don't take a lot of stock in what I read, hear or see. I waste a lot of time trying to decipher what is factual and do try and find a balance, but often I find myself stepping back and focusing what is directly around me instead (family/friends/recreation/work etc.)

But seriously, the link below is pretty telling, especially when you see which US political stripes wanted to revoke the fairness law, and didn't want it reinstated. I'll give you a hint, both the Democrats and Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine
Old 06-05-2020, 05:09 PM

Default Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I’m not trying to offend anyone. But yes, your sentence compilation is hard to figure out for sure. But here is my biggest issue with this chart. Most people that were considered liberal in 1970 would now be considered bi partisan propaganda right.
Um..... most people that would be considered liberal in 1970...... Are now bi partisan propeganda.... wth do you mean

Z-...... wonky sentence structure... but I think I get the gist of what your saying...

Now u get a double Z - for disregarding the part of my post where I say I pick one of many assorted that appear on the net. Why? Because it simply shows that there’s a lot of bias out there... I don’t delve into the whole is where..” as it’s pointless. Oh.... and it is part of the curriculum. You should read up on it.

But we all know... that’s an intentional omit isn’t it.....

And yes, you are trying to offend.... ‘it ain’t so jus cause ya said it ain’t’

If anyone goes over out interaction it’s plain to see.... you want to paint me as some ideological enemy... my cherry picking and selecting dog whistle stuff....

And then popping in nice loaded terminology.

It’s intentional Chuck.

I’ve never been anything but nice and respectful to you.

I’m sorry if you hate my ideas and opinions. I don’t see them as really different from yours.... but wow.. the hate...

Ps.... sorry for the Z minus minus..... your overall mark won’t go down as a result of this ( as per Alta Ed Covid guidelines, please see this as a formative learning opportunity) .
Old 06-06-2020, 12:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Red face

Everyone .....a
Shaaaadaaaaup.....getzzz sum'sleeeeep....please.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-06-2020, 06:33 PM

I was in the garage all day working on my daughters suv.
Are animals still rioting and looting?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-06-2020, 07:18 PM

What's going on, did I miss something. Lots of fishing,,, scouting,,, and hunting prep for the 2020 season... Life is awesome in the Rocky Mountain Range... Maybe the day will come when """Albetra 🐐 Outdoorsmen Forum""" will only contain topics related to our Sport,,, Living and Substance...

Enjoy the season all,,, life is grand at the tops of the Mountains this year,,, Yee Ha to Good Times...

Don
Old 06-06-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
What's going on, did I miss something. Lots of fishing,,, scouting,,, and hunting prep for the 2020 season... Life is awesome in the Rocky Mountain Range... Maybe the day will come when """Alberta 🐐 Outdoorsmen Forum""" will only contain topics related to our Sport,,, Living and Substance...

Enjoy the season all,,, life is grand at the tops of the Mountains this year,,, Yee Ha to Good Times...

Don
I think your dreaming!

But it would be nice.

Welcome to the Angry Outdoorsman(AO).

Talked to a fishing buddy yesterday and he said he doesnt want his grandson going on AO anymore. Dont blame him. Wouldnt want my grand kids seeing the crap that goes on here either.
I am/was a big fan of AO. Not so much anymore.
The anger on here sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I will get lucky and get banned.

edit: Have tried to remain positive but all this is just same old same old.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 06-06-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

Where can I find the stats?
Had an argument today with a lefty.
Especially the 13%-52%.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2020, 09:55 PM

Whelp.. look at them stats...

Gues it’s not the content of their character like Dr.King said.

I KNEW sec.11c of the Charter was a bunch o bunk!

Man... we should start a petition to repeal that.

..... sigh
Old 06-06-2020, 10:26 PM

Things have escalated in Seattle, tonight rioters started throwing bottles, rocks and incendiary devices at the police, injuring at least six officers.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:53 PM

Watched the 6 O clock news and people are making Floyd look like a great man. What is wrong with people who make a hero out of a felon. It would make sense if this was a six year old kid who had been killed coming home from his grandma's. Let us riot to celebrate Charles Manson too he must of been wronged by the police too. If we are not happy here in North America we can always go home to the country our fore fathers came from.

Then to make matters worse on the news they never even mentioned D Day. Where would all these people be with out those brave soldiers. They would not be rioting I can tell you that.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
Watched the 6 O clock news and people are making Floyd look like a great man. What is wrong with people who make a hero out of a felon. It would make sense if this was a six year old kid who had been killed coming home from his grandma's. Let us riot to celebrate Charles Manson too he must of been wronged by the police too. If we are not happy here in North America we can always go home to the country our fore fathers came from.

Then to make matters worse on the news they never even mentioned D Day. Where would all these people be with out those brave soldiers. They would not be rioting I can tell you that.
Those brave soldiers would be very disappointed to see what the country that they fought for has become. That applies for the Canadian soldiers as well.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
"Watched the 6 O clock news and people are making Floyd look
like a great man. What is wrong with people who make a hero out of a felon.."
Candace Owens says it best..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0QN-mINS1k