Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Default gull lake please help

going to gull lake for the first time on monday 28, where do i go and use want to catch my first perch
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Me and a buddy were there 2wks ago we caught few perch infront of Aspen beach. Using maggots he had wire worm on and i had a small moby dick
Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 PM

I've had alot of luck on Gull lake using a small orange jig head and throwing a minnow head on it for perch. Been catching them in about 10-15' of water. The smaller ones keep to the bottom but the bigger ones can be caught at all depths. If you got a 2nd line in the water put a spoon on it and jig aggresively. This usually brings in the perch and pike. When the perch come in just try to get them to focus on your jig. I've even had the perch hit my big spoon. I always fish with this combination and have had lots of luck with perch and pike on Gull. Good luck!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzy View Post
I've had alot of luck on Gull lake using a small orange jig head and throwing a minnow head on it for perch. Been catching them in about 10-15' of water. The smaller ones keep to the bottom but the bigger ones can be caught at all depths. If you got a 2nd line in the water put a spoon on it and jig aggresively. This usually brings in the perch and pike. When the perch come in just try to get them to focus on your jig. I've even had the perch hit my big spoon. I always fish with this combination and have had lots of luck with perch and pike on Gull. Good luck!
ok will have to try i was on gull at brownlows on monday and we only got on jack. so wanted some perch, we were using a spoon and wire rapped hooks and no luck