Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2011, 08:02 PM

Default Chain Lakes situation?

I remember last year there was some awesome fishing...havent checked the place out this year thou. With all that raining I am assuming the water level is way higher and water probably not the clearest but I was wondering if the trouts I miss so much are still there and is it worth making a trip to the lake...any catches lately?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 PM

I never fished it today, but I drove by and stopped to check the conditions. Water is very muddy and high as of today, not sure what the fishing was like but there were quite a few people out.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:41 PM

I was there on Sunday and the water was extremely high and muddy. There were lots of logs floating on the south side. I trolled for about 3-4 hours without even a bite. I saw lots of other people out there and didn't see anyone catch a fish. I don't think I will be going back until the water clears!!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmtobias View Post
I was there on Sunday and the water was extremely high and muddy. There were lots of logs floating on the south side. I trolled for about 3-4 hours without even a bite. I saw lots of other people out there and didn't see anyone catch a fish. I don't think I will be going back until the water clears!!
look shallow. really really shallow. run of will sweep lots of food (bugs, worms, ect.) into the lake and it is a literal buffet for trout. Im talking like 1-2 fow.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
look shallow. really really shallow. run of will sweep lots of food (bugs, worms, ect.) into the lake and it is a literal buffet for trout. Im talking like 1-2 fow.
I'll have to try that, thanks. Going to travers reservoir tomorrow but I might go back to chain lakes on Friday.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:00 PM

fished for an hour last sunday, not yesterday. caught a one rainbow and a half dozen suckers. leech pattern under a bobber on the fly rod, really close to shore. yes the water was dark. things will improve.

Dace
Old 05-30-2011, 06:07 PM

How long should it take for the water to clear up?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:52 AM

lots of trout there when i iced fished with good size, they are quite finiky though